What makes the final episodes of Naruto canon?

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Episodes on filler lists from episode 484 to 500 are listed as 'mostly canon' and obviously weren't content included in the manga so I was just wondering what source material it was based off to make it mostly canon?
Also, Naruto becoming a jonin in episode 479 is still technically not canon am I right?

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Episodes on filler lists from episode 484 to 500 are listed as 'mostly canon' and obviously weren't content included in the manga so I was just wondering what source material it was based off to make it mostly canon?
Also, Naruto becoming a jonin in episode 479 is still technically not canon am I right?
There is no confirmation he became a jonin

Kin
9💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He never became joinin. He has an official rank of genin In the last guidebook. Not even a chuunin promotion. I just today I learned like many of you that as a genin you can still be promoted to kage. Who knew?

GetsugaTenshou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Kishi confirmed he became Hokage as a genin

Q: Speaking of Naruto, his dream of being Hokage came true, but when did he take the exam to become a jounin?

Kishimoto: Naruto didn’t become a jounin. He became Hokage as a genin. Sasuke is not a jounin or chuunin either, but rather, since he left the village, he is a nukenin. That’s enough for them (laughs). But I thought that having him suddenly go from genin to Hokage would be amusing and Naruto-like.

Kin
9💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Kishi confirmed he became Hokage as a genin

Q: Speaking of Naruto, his dream of being Hokage came true, but when did he take the exam to become a jounin?

Kishimoto: Naruto didn’t become a jounin. He became Hokage as a genin. Sasuke is not a jounin or chuunin either, but rather, since he left the village, he is a nukenin. That’s enough for them (laughs). But I thought that having him suddenly go from genin to Hokage would be amusing and Naruto-like.
Nvm, I remember that interview. Since it’s the word of kishimoto, I guess they had no choice but to put it into the anime. It’ll likely make its way into the novels too.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nvm, I remember that interview. Since it’s the word of kishimoto, I guess they had no choice but to put it into the anime. It’ll likely make its way into the novels too.
The novels dont make Naruto Jonin either, the only two Jonin after the war are Shikamaru and Sakura by the last if I remember correctly. SP ruined a lot of the novel content and added their own filler content/alterations to them.