fastrthnwind

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Base Naruto is most definetely very high jounin level just like base Sasuke (3 tomoe only without CS and without Oro's powers). Remember base Naruto and base Sasuke are equal so we can bring in Sasuke's feats to hype Naruto's level as well. Some people underrate base Naruto but he can beat most jounin level ninjas in this manga by overwhelming them with shadow clones and rasengan. His speed and taijutsu skills have also improved quite a bit since the beginning of Shippuden. He also has summons which allow him to overwhelm the enemy with fire power.

Naruto is almost jounin level when it comes to battle smarts so people should give him a break when it comes to his intelligence, it is good enough.

Let me put it in perspective: base Naruto can beat: Asuma, Sai, Neji, part 1 Kakashi and some others.

Both Naruto and Sasuke can challenge some low kage tiered ninjas in base but they will ultimately lose most of the time.
I can argue that base Naruto cant beat Neji, Kakashi, and Sai. Not so sure about Asuma, but he could give him a run for his money.

Naruto doesn't display jounin-like intellect on a regular basis. Just because he showed some great strategical planning and creativity a few times doesn't mean that he has jounin level intellect.

As far as Naruto being as strong as Sasuke, its in terms of power. Naruto pretty much outclasses everyone when it comes to power. However, his slightly above average intellect keeps him from advancing further in the ranks. There is only so much that raw power can do.

fastrthnwind

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i dont agree... shinobi who make decisions are chosen to make decisions based on their strategical skills and not based on rank... shikamaru is a chunin and he was making decisions for kakashi and asuma's team who were jonin's ( and shikamaru was known for this for a long time as chunin and wasnt raised to jonin)... jonin is given to exeptional skill of some sort whether it is fighting, strategy, assistance, or watever...
Shikamaru is extremely intellignet, but he doesn't have the destructive power to make use of those smarts.

Jounin ninjas have both smarts and power, which is why very few ninjas become jounin.

I never said he was on par with Shikamaru im just trying to say his very smart and people underrate about that ALOT i think his on Gaara's level in intelligence if you look at the manga Naruto has shwon more intelligence feats than Shikamaru actually such as the time where he transformed one of his clones into a rasenshuriken that was almost genius and many other great intelligent feats. It's not because his my favorite character im just telling it like it is but you dont have to argue with me.
Naruto does have great potential to be very cunning, though, it is usually taken out of context when people reference as to how many times he does it. He is the main character so of course he would gain more panel time than others. He also doesn't show that intellect regularly like some of the other characters like Shikamaru, Shino and Neji do.

If he were to develop his strategical skills, then he would be one of the most formidable shinobi worthy of the kage title, but he doesn't. Therefore, he is currently sitting as a High Chuunin in my book.

Midday

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I put him at low kage level. To put it in perspective that's Mei and Tsunade's level which I personally think he can beat. He can make an army of clones and have them use chou odama rasengan like he did against Madara. Don't forget he has several toad summons as well. He is also intelligent in battle and has a lot of feats supporting that.

You must be registered for see images

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
High Chunin/Low jonin...
Personally, I believe SM to be considered his base mode(Like sharingan/He doesn't need fox or anything for it) with SM, high jonin level...
I like him but ain't going to give him unnecessary publications...

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can argue that base Naruto cant beat Neji, Kakashi, and Sai. Not so sure about Asuma, but he could give him a run for his money.
Really??? You put Kakashi in same league with Neji and Sai???
Man, that's height of under-estimation...Kakashi is mid-high kage level now and was already above every jonin in Konoha in all aspects whether it may be power, knowledge or intellect etc....Base Naruto ain't gonna win against Kakashi, NEVER...

9tailsJinchuuriki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People are forgetting that kurama and naruto melted their chakra together. Over the years kurama's chakra mixed with naruto's chakra and his chakra reserves increased,wich means melting their chakra together would give naruto a lot more chakra. Plus he didn't have full access to his chakra reserves because of kurama. But now kurama isn't a burden anymore, wich means he has full access to his chakra reserves and because they melted their chakra together, Naruto's chakra increased. So think about it, how strong would base Naruto be right now?

Voidstep

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jonin IMO
Don't think smarts are the only attribute to be a good Jonin, and he's not that stupid anyway, at least not in battle. Mostly just out of it, for comic relief.
Guy is not really that smart either, and most ppl see him as high Jonin or low Kage.

ghost nappa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just base naruto isn't all that impressive. He doesn't have much aside from resangan and shadow clone spam, although he is crafty. I would rate him as strong chuunin/weak jonin. Probably jonin since chidori got Kakashi to jonin, and naruto has rasenshuriken.

jamarcusp17

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be honest, all he can do in base is Shadow Clone and Rasengan. Without Kurama, he can't even spam those. So he'd bd lower than Neji seeing that Neji beat his base. And Neji is Mid-Jonin, so Naruto at best is high Chunin, or Kiba. Just sayin

Veys

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be honest, all he can do in base is Shadow Clone and Rasengan. Without Kurama, he can't even spam those. So he'd bd lower than Neji seeing that Neji beat his base. And Neji is Mid-Jonin, so Naruto at best is high Chunin, or Kiba. Just sayin

Are we watching the same anime/manga ..? Sage Mode can rape everything .. even without the Nine-Tail .. he is atleast a Mid-level Kage.. with the Nine-Tails .. Above Kage Level ...

Naruto king of Shinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After he had been weakened by the others. Even though Naruto was beaten up himself, he had to be saved by Yamato once before he landed the FRS blow to him. If he had faced him at full power, it would have been a completely different story. Overall, he just isn't as smart as any real jounin would be.
He came up with the strategy for freeing kakashi from zabuza's water jutsu(not sasuke).He also defeated neji, fooling him with his shadow clones. Their are plenty of other fights where Naruto showed great displays of intellect, but it also involved the use of SM/KM etc, so I won't reference them. Naruto was a bit slow at first(due to the fact he was basically raised alone, didnt have his genius father to teach him anything growing up) but he's also improving in his strategy/intellect as the manga goes on, not just power and speed.