What is - Zaraki Kenpachi?

adventnova

Kin
4๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
As the title description says What is Zaraki?

I was just skimming through all my Subbed episodes of Bleach on my External HDD sorting them by season, etc. I decided to watch episode 40 - "The Shinigami Whom Ganju Met". Figuring i might get some backdrop story i missed. Instead i surprised myself with the scene of Kenpachi in the woods and little (toddler sized) Yachiru. This was during the end of Ichigo's and Kenpachi's first encounter and fight. Yachiru was extremely fascinated in Kenpachi's sword and he tells her to not touch it and such then asks her about her name, if she had one. she doesnt respond and he says i have no name either. Kenpachi's sword is the same state in the anime/manga through out the entire series and all 3 Arcs. Kenpachi gives her a name instead, the name which he wanted for himself and gave himself another name. then it cuts to Kenpachi and Ichigo giving their final attack and they both collapse in a draw pretty much. Kenpachi looks at his sword and asks it if it would tell him its name. There was silence.

Im going on a wild assumption here, and i know this is pretty much a golden rule to not trust fillers for information as its incorrect timeline and sidestory. BUT... im wondering if the Zanpakuto Fillers as well as some of the other fillers actually mean something and have little key pieces to every character.

What im saying is... i think Zaraki Kenpachi is his own Zanpakuto and Yachiru is a likely manifestation just like with Arrancar Starkk so he doesnt feel lonely.

I find it quite odd that Zaraki has a limitless well of power just like Ichigo does.

This would bring me to my next theory of if Ichigo was to awaken the name of the soul that would be to repair his Zanpakuto, it would be Zaraki Kenpachi's true name. - Highly doubt but it was some insane idea i had in my head since Zaraki has barely any history to himself compared to the other characters.

Well lets see what some of you have to say and offer. Flame if you must lol, im just exploring ideas.

Mosgoved

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
well for starters, zaraki is a bawse. as far as yachiru being a manifestation from him... doubt it. i think i read somewhere his zanpakuto is always in its shikai form (correct me if im wrong) so i think he has a chance learning bankai and yachiru is just soul reaper.

Ndlovu

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
1st of all .. Kenpachi's zanpaktou is always in its shikai state... Just like Ichigo's. Due to the fact that he has an immense amount of spirit pressure... If Ichigo was the only person like that, as main characteristic it would be a little typical don't you think..? 2nd.. Do you know whether Kenpachi got his sword before or after he met Yachiru.. when did he actually get it? 3rd I like the creativity behind Yachiru being there for Kenpachi just like Stark's guns were living manifestations of his weapons... Nice idea..

adventnova

Kin
4๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It was all random late night thoughts as i was coming across scenes and chapters. XD

i do not disagree that Zaraki is pretty damned "Bawse" on his own with his immense amount of power. Personally i think he is just a well of soul power for someone else. Which may or may-not be determined at all.

He had his sword before he met Yachiru. That scene i referenced he was playing around with it then Yachiru popped out of the bushes. Zaraki seems to be to me the complete opposite of Ichigo, he takes on nearly the same personality that of Ichigo's hollow. Uncaring, crazy, arrogant and always wanting to fight.

I am currently baffled at how in the current chapters of the manga that they are leaving Zaraki behind and not healing him up in the Soul Palace area. He is by far one of the strongest characters and completely underrated in most fights. He only took his eye patch off twice... First encounter with Ichigo and the second one was when he got trapped in a Kido Prison.

OMG! So much randomness in my mind! i just want to connect the dots or make alternate realities and comparisons to the events of the entire series!

adventnova

Kin
4๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Golden rule to not trust fillers? bro thats only for crybabies.

Zaraki i believe means the strongest Shinigami. and Kenpachi is his district. X_X. Or its the other way around.
yup you got it right. He has no name! thats why i believe they created the Zanpakuto Arc, to give a hint at Zaraki! He was no where to be seen in that filler series until the ned when he came back from some "Random Mission".

I've already been kinda flamed at a little (constructively) from some other posters to not use fillers for information. I for some reason think the fillers have a lot to do with the series for background and more detailed information. The Anime main story follows the Manga to a "T" which most others do not after a single season. I believe Kubo is using fillers to hint at past, present and future events of the manga and anime.

Last edited:

griems

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
yup you got it right. He has no name! thats why i believe they created the Zanpakuto Arc, to give a hint at Zaraki! He was no where to be seen in that filler series until the ned when he came back from some "Random Mission".
Actually nope, he got it wrong. Kenpachi is the name given to the strongest shinobi - Zaraki is his first name.

And no you can't trust fillers nor are they canon. The only thing Kubo is required to do as far as it comes to fillers is sign off on character appearances - he isn't involved in the story or the made up character backstories. Same goes for all the movies.

JIRAIYA perv

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
his name is zaraki and kenpachi is like a nickname given to a warrior who have seen many battles. zaraki will never know his zanbakuto's name after all these long years of the raitsu rape it suffered from zarakai, poor zanbakuto ..... don't bother yourself with trying to figure out zaraki's zanbakuto coz not having one is his signature and i would dare say he will be like that till the end.

yondaime4

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i agree why the f isnt kenpachi in the hot springs? but i assume its because he wasnt hurt bad enough to need such drastic treatment. as for his zanpukto i think he may figure out its name in the near future( for final showdown, possibly has the strongest bankai in the series, becomes the new yamagii) since he has never really been beat, let alone soloed like a bitch, i think it will cause the same reaction as when ichigo beat him but this time his sword will answer him

adventnova

Kin
4๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Actually nope, he got it wrong. Kenpachi is the name given to the strongest shinobi - Zaraki is his first name.

And no you can't trust fillers nor are they canon. The only thing Kubo is required to do as far as it comes to fillers is sign off on character appearances - he isn't involved in the story or the made up character backstories. Same goes for all the movies.
Im not disagreeing with you at all there. This is purely just what "if".

I do find that Bleach does have some exclusion to the rule of using fillers (yes i also agree its a rule for cry babies as another said) and that Kubo might actually have more input rather than just a Sign off on use of characters. With the bigger fillers, not the stupid wannabe super hero fillers with regular humans, they show more about some characters though there timelines are adjusted to be like a side quest before a main story Arc point.

Zaraki at this point is still very arrogant about his own inner spiritual power. thats his problem with talking to his sword and awakening it. In the beginning he says its all about your own power and using it to make your sword cut. Ichigo ends up talking with Old Man Zangetsu to find out its 50/50 (power of the sword spirit and wielder) to make the sword cut.

Some people keep saying Zaraki's Zanpakuto is in a permanent shikai state just like how Ichigo's is. I am saying its not possible for his to be in shikai. In order for it to be in Shikai he has to learned his Zanpakuto's name. Look back at how Ichigo when from his Unreleased Zanpakuto (broken blade, hilt and guard) when he went to reclaim his shinigami powers. He pulled the sword out of the box and couldnt use it until he learned its name. when he did, it completely changed and couldnt go back to an unreleased form.

i agree why the f isnt kenpachi in the hot springs? but i assume its because he wasnt hurt bad enough to need such drastic treatment. as for his zanpukto i think he may figure out its name in the near future( for final showdown, possibly has the strongest bankai in the series, becomes the new yamagii) since he has never really been beat, let alone soloed like a bitch, i think it will cause the same reaction as when ichigo beat him but this time his sword will answer him
He was choked into a Coma by Juha... i think thats drastic enough since coma's in real life are very dangerous anyways. Some people never come out of one or just die because they are too weak. Not saying Zaraki is too weak but only Kubo can tell us.

Last edited:

yondaime4

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Im not disagreeing with you at all there. This is purely just what "if".

I do find that Bleach does have some exclusion to the rule of using fillers (yes i also agree its a rule for cry babies as another said) and that Kubo might actually have more input rather than just a Sign off on use of characters. With the bigger fillers, not the stupid wannabe super hero fillers with regular humans, they show more about some characters though there timelines are adjusted to be like a side quest before a main story Arc point.

Zaraki at this point is still very arrogant about his own inner spiritual power. thats his problem with talking to his sword and awakening it. In the beginning he says its all about your own power and using it to make your sword cut. Ichigo ends up talking with Old Man Zangetsu to find out its 50/50 (power of the sword spirit and wielder) to make the sword cut.

Some people keep saying Zaraki's Zanpakuto is in a permanent shikai state just like how Ichigo's is. I am saying its not possible for his to be in shikai. In order for it to be in Shikai he has to learned his Zanpakuto's name. Look back at how Ichigo when from his Unreleased Zanpakuto (broken blade, hilt and guard) when he went to reclaim his shinigami powers. He pulled the sword out of the box and couldnt use it until he learned its name. when he did, it completely changed and couldnt go back to an unreleased form.

He was choked into a Coma by Juha... i think thats drastic enough since coma's in real life are very dangerous anyways. Some people never come out of one or just die because they are too weak. Not saying Zaraki is too weak but only Kubo can tell us.
tru i didnt catch the coma part before. but still it makes more sense since his raitsu is probably fine, its just whether he wakes or not. the spring is for wounded riatsu