[Question] What is the new ava dimensions? Edit: Quality degrading upon upload of images

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I cant for the life of me find them I only found the sigs one I don't suppose it's hard to put the dimensional disclaimer like we had in NB when u like, set your avatar?

There's also quality loss on avatar uploads unless the precise dimension width x height is accurately cropped (manually as well ffs) this site is annoying af

You must be registered to see images

the the quality seems fine here, PNG's iirc are more detailed for web platforms but i dont get why it blurs out more when i upload the same image as an ava.

Nah theres deffo quality degradation during uploads to the site in general. Idk if it's just for me in general or i'm doing something wrong here? Can someone clarify why other than saving data or backend compression which i dont think is the case since some pics uploaded seem to be detailed.

Last edited:

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No I haven't actually
Post automatically merged:

The dimensions are even worse lmaoooo but there is obvious quality loss upon upload, with more detail-oriented and colored images it's more apparent I suppose.

Last edited:

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess it's not a big deal, with photoshop I can sort of topaz clean the images to remove the blur as much as I can since i'm on linux photoshop isn't a thing regardless on NB i never had quality issue even with simple crops, but there's visibly more quality loss for brighter colored images, I don't mind it, it just feels off for me and annoying lol

This is probably due to how the forum handles imaging maybe, I have no issue with quality issues on other forums or even for my websites and I use canva/PS and had zero issues with any image files despite formats.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah this really depends on the forums image optimization and how the founders implement it

Last edited:

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Edit: It seems 179x350 seems to be the least impacted for us noob non premium users, probably due to backend resizing or compression, i don't like xenforo idc, I take that back if well configured it's beautiful