Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I caught up with the manga and the latest chapter got me asking so many questions. Where the hell did another Juubi come from? Why is Jigen even giving Naruto and Sasuke trouble when his abilities so far aren’t even on a level that they haven’t faced before. Why does adult Naruto seems so weak and careless against Jigen? Is the concept of reaction new to him? Why is he getting pierced by rods when he could shatter those things with normal Sage mode in Pain arc? What the f** happened to his sensing?

Also why is it that till this day Sasuke hasn’t been using his six path abilities in the Boruto manga? Last time I seen him use one was only in the anime when he used Chibaku Tensei. Why is Naruto in rsm using Shadow clones, Rasengan and the only thing Sasuke is shown using is his sword? That gotta be nerf at this point right.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is he getting pierced by rods when he could shatter those things with normal Sage mode in Pain arc?
The way Jigen uses these rods is that they are extremely small, to the point where you cannot see them with the naked eye when he throws them at you. You will also not feel that you've been pierced by something so small the moment it happens. After piercing you with them he will then return them to their original size and you will be instantly stabbed by them. That is why Naruto is unable to dodge or react to them before Sasuke informs him of his ability and he starts to dodge Jigen's hand gestures.

Also why is it that till this day Sasuke hasn’t been using his six path abilities in the Boruto manga?
We still know preciously little about the Rinnegan's abilities and their drawbacks, but we know they have drawbacks and demand an amazing amount of chakra. Sasuke doesn't posses that great amounts of chakra, thus spamming those abilities right and left when he still doesn't know what the opponent can and cannot do would just be a waste. Not to mention that any Ninjutsu used on Jigen would just be absorbed which is why they forced Jigen to stun himself in place and went for him with a physical attack. There is no point to use Ninjutsu if you know it will have zero effect on him.

I would also assume that Sasuke is under the impression that Space-Time/Dimensional Ninjutsu also would be largely ineffective against Jigen as he also possess such abilities, much like how we saw Kamui being useless against Kamui itself. That doesn't leave a huge amount of abilities for Sasuke to rely on without wasting his energy early in a fight. As noted by Jigen, Sasuke is intelligent and won't waste his chakra and energy easily.

As for Naruto, the wast majority of his techniques are Shadow Clones and Rasengan, while we have seen him utilize Earth Release and other techniques, then we don't know the level of mastery he has nor the jutsu he knows. Making a mud wall won't do much, neither will throwing a Lava Release technique. Rasengan remains one of the most versatile techniques because of the speeds it can be used at and the fact that it doesn't require hand signs. Exactly what would he do? Throw Planet size Rasenshurikens that would just get absorbed by Jigen or avoided by him entirely?

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We still know preciously little about the Rinnegan's abilities and their drawbacks, but we know they have drawbacks and demand an amazing amount of chakra. Sasuke doesn't posses that great amounts of chakra, thus spamming those abilities right and left when he still doesn't know what the opponent can and cannot do would just be a waste. Not to mention that any Ninjutsu used on Jigen would just be absorbed which is why they forced Jigen to stun himself in place and went for him with a physical attack. There is no point to use Ninjutsu if you know it will have zero effect on him.
Sasuke possesses godly amounts of chakra since normal Uchiha's possess enormous amounts stated in the Databook and he's Indra's reincarnation and please tell me one Rinnegan tech that can be absorbed, the only ones that I think they might be absorbable are Ashura attack and Limbo but only by people who can see through that dimension like Sasuke.

Reactions: DHOH

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke possesses godly amounts of chakra since normal Uchiha's possess enormous amounts stated in the Databook and he's Indra's reincarnation and please tell me one Rinnegan tech that can be absorbed, the only one that I think it might be absorbable is Limbo but only by people who can see through that dimension like Sasuke.
Christ no. Sasuke doesn't possess "godly" amounts of Chakra. The databooks can only be considered canon if they do not contradict the manga itself. If they do then the manga triumphs as the "canon" material to take from. We have more than a handful of sources that shows Sasuke's lack of chakra when compared to someone like Naruto and (likely) Jigen. A prime example of this being the final fight with Naruto himself where Sasuke took a great deal of chakra from other beings and still ran out of chakra the same time as Naruto. Does Sasuke possess an abnormal amount of chakra? Certainly. Does he possess comparable amounts to that of Naruto and other Otsutsuki level people? No.

In a fight to fatigue, the one who is drained first loses. Having just absorbed chakra from a Juubi its rather safe to assume that Jigen has a great deal of chakra and trying to beat him by betting on him running out of it faster when you (Sasuke) likely have less to start with isn't a good idea. At best he would have near equal amounts and even then it wouldn't really serve much purpose to waste chakra.

As for Rinnegan techniques. We know that for example Tendo Path has cooldown on its abilities and limits to the size it can be used. We also know that it can be completely nullified by grabbing unto something or moving away with an ability like teleport. Hence it serves no purpose to use against someone like Jigen. Preta Path would only be useful if they could get into touch distance of him and it cannot absorb physical attacks like the Rods. Animal Path wouldn't be able to do much against someone who can teleport and pierce them instantly, not to mention their eyes would just be destroyed in seconds as we saw Itachi do against Nagato's summons.

Asura Path again would serve no purpose unless they can get close to their target or unless they can lock him down for long enough for a missile to hit him. The same goes for Naraka Path and Human Path. If they could lock him down that long they could just kill him with a stab instead of wasting chakra. Outer Path has one proper offensive ability in the form of the rods and there is no reason for Sasuke to use that as he already carries a blade that can deflect and attack the rods. That leaves his unique ability of Heavenly Hand Power which as I stated above would likely not work well against Jigen as he can teleport himself or shrink himself out of range if they swapped place on him.

There is nothing the Rinnegan can do that would be remotely useful against Jigen other than the Tendo Path which would likely have minor effects on Jigen and as he even stated himself, he isn't going all out which is likely why Naruto and Sasuke aren't either. Rushing in when you don't know what your opponent can do is just flat out stupid.

Sasuke also doesn't possess Limbo as it was a unique ability to Madara like Heavenly Hand Power is to Sasuke.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Christ no. Sasuke doesn't possess "godly" amounts of Chakra. The databooks can only be considered canon if they do not contradict the manga itself. If they do then the manga triumphs as the "canon" material to take from. We have more than a handful of sources that shows Sasuke's lack of chakra when compared to someone like Naruto and (likely) Jigen. A prime example of this being the final fight with Naruto himself where Sasuke took a great deal of chakra from other beings and still ran out of chakra the same time as Naruto. Does Sasuke possess an abnormal amount of chakra? Certainly. Does he possess comparable amounts to that of Naruto and other Otsutsuki level people? No.

In a fight to fatigue, the one who is drained first loses. Having just absorbed chakra from a Juubi its rather safe to assume that Jigen has a great deal of chakra and trying to beat him by betting on him running out of it faster when you (Sasuke) likely have less to start with isn't a good idea. At best he would have near equal amounts and even then it wouldn't really serve much purpose to waste chakra.

As for Rinnegan techniques. We know that for example Tendo Path has cooldown on its abilities and limits to the size it can be used. We also know that it can be completely nullified by grabbing unto something or moving away with an ability like teleport. Hence it serves no purpose to use against someone like Jigen. Preta Path would only be useful if they could get into touch distance of him and it cannot absorb physical attacks like the Rods. Animal Path wouldn't be able to do much against someone who can teleport and pierce them instantly, not to mention their eyes would just be destroyed in seconds as we saw Itachi do against Nagato's summons.

Asura Path again would serve no purpose unless they can get close to their target or unless they can lock him down for long enough for a missile to hit him. The same goes for Naraka Path and Human Path. If they could lock him down that long they could just kill him with a stab instead of wasting chakra. Outer Path has one proper offensive ability in the form of the rods and there is no reason for Sasuke to use that as he already carries a blade that can deflect and attack the rods. That leaves his unique ability of Heavenly Hand Power which as I stated above would likely not work well against Jigen as he can teleport himself or shrink himself out of range if they swapped place on him.

There is nothing the Rinnegan can do that would be remotely useful against Jigen other than the Tendo Path which would likely have minor effects on Jigen and as he even stated himself, he isn't going all out which is likely why Naruto and Sasuke aren't either. Rushing in when you don't know what your opponent can do is just flat out stupid.

Sasuke also doesn't possess Limbo as it was a unique ability to Madara like Heavenly Hand Power is to Sasuke.
Sasuke only took little amounts of chakra to create a Bijuu Susanoo that got destroyed fast so he didn't get much use of it, on the other hand Naruto had Yin Kurama from Minato so he had more chakra than when he lost Yang Kurama since Minato can use his Edo tensei's infinite chakra and Kurama was infusing chakra for Naruto the whole time, don't use the straw man fallacy against me, I only asked what can he absorb and I never said Sasuke can use Limbo.

Reactions: DHOH

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke only took little amounts of chakra to create a Bijuu Susanoo that got destroyed fast so he didn't get much use of it, on the other hand Naruto had Yin Kurama from Minato so he had more chakra than when he lost Yang Kurama since Minato can use his Edo tensei's infinite chakra and Kurama was infusing chakra for Naruto the whole time, don't use the straw man fallacy against me,
This still speaks to my point though. Sasuke by default had less chakra than Naruto with just half of Kurama. When he absorbed chakra from the Bijuu, be that 1% of 99% of their combined chakra is irrelevant as he increased his own chakra to a point where he could equal Naruto in amount of chakra. Meaning that without that boost he would've run out of chakra before Naruto had. Naruto has since gained the rest of Kurama where as Sasuke (to our knowledge) has gained no significant chakra increase other than growing older since that time.

Meaning by default the current Naruto has more chakra than Sasuke and going by Jigen's display so far along with him absorbing chakra from the Juubi then it stands to reason that he has either as much as Naruto, more than Naruto or more than the two combined. Jigen can also absorb Ninjutsu and Chakra, meaning all Chakra they use against him will just be added to his pool and subtracted from their own. The same thing goes the other way however, as Sasuke can do the same to Jigen. Difference is that the wast majority of Sasuke's abilities are Ninjutsu and Chakra based techniques where as Jigen seems to fight almost entirely with the use of non-combative abilities and physical attacks.

I only asked what can he absorb and I never said Sasuke can use Limbo.
No, but you did imply it. In a conversation about "why Sasuke didn't use Rinnegan to attack Jigen" you brought out Limbo as a counter-argument to argue that not all Rinnegan abilities can be absorbed or avoided. You were either implying that he could use it or you just stated it for no purpose at all as it isn't relevant to this conversation.

Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The way Jigen uses these rods is that they are extremely small, to the point where you cannot see them with the naked eye when he throws them at you. You will also not feel that you've been pierced by something so small the moment it happens. After piercing you with them he will then return them to their original size and you will be instantly stabbed by them.
I understand how the ability works. My point is even small how is it able to pierce through his body when SM Naruto Pain arc shattered deva Path’s rods with his palm when he tried to stab him and that was just TSM. Vote 2 Sasuke aimed a Chidori at his face and it did nothing but send him flying as if he punched him. I would understand if it was that Jigen teleported the rods in him somehow but that wasn’t the case.
Post automatically merged:

I would also assume that Sasuke is under the impression that Space-Time/Dimensional Ninjutsu also would be largely ineffective against Jigen as he also possess such abilities, much like how we saw Kamui being useless against Kamui itself. That doesn't leave a huge amount of abilities for Sasuke to rely on without wasting his energy early in a fight. As noted by Jigen, Sasuke is intelligent and won't waste his chakra and energy easily.

As for Naruto, the wast majority of his techniques are Shadow Clones and Rasengan, while we have seen him utilize Earth Release and other techniques, then we don't know the level of mastery he has nor the jutsu he knows. Making a mud wall won't do much, neither will throwing a Lava Release technique. Rasengan remains one of the most versatile techniques because of the speeds it can be used at and the fact that it doesn't require hand signs. Exactly what would he do? Throw Planet size Rasenshurikens that would just get absorbed by Jigen or avoided by him entirely?
I disagree with the thought that Sasuke is under the impression that S/t would be ineffective against Jigen since he also possess such ability. Reason why is Sasuke’s S/T is used and works differently so I don’t think the Kamui comparison is valid.

I agree with most of your second reply but question since Lava release is a KKG would it be absorbed? And actually that’s not a bad idea. Every time an enemy is shown absorbing a technique it’s usually one. They have never been shown to absorb multiple at once which is actually a good counter to their absorption ability. And also what gives you the impression that absorbing a planet size RS is possible? The biggest attack that’s been shown absorbed is Naruto’s Oodama Rasengan and Momoshiki absorbing Killer Bee’s standard Bijuudama and Momoshiki is the only user with the feat of absorb something of that level so it’s pretty clear his absorption is absorption power is above the rest so far.
Post automatically merged:

I think the jubbi comes from the tree and there are different trees on different planets or something.
That’s actually not bad.

Last edited:

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Long comments as usual
1) You need to learn how to be concise and precise. 2) Uchiha were stated to have enormous amounts of chakra. Part One Sasuke was able to use Chidori twice on top of the Fire Ball technique, plus chakra enhanced speed and strength before running out. Gai said Chidori uses a massive amount of chakra.

3) Sasuke has godly amounts given he recieved half the Sage's chakra 4) Path abilities obviously aren't taxing for him given Nagato could use them all simultaneously. 5) Naruto lasted as long as him because he received all the nature energy aboveground.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand how the ability works. My point is even small how is it able to pierce through his body when SM Naruto Pain arc shattered deva Path’s rods with his palm when he tried to stab him and that was just TSM. Vote 2 Sasuke aimed a Chidori at his face and it did nothing but send him flying as if he punched him. I would understand if it was that Jigen teleported the rods in him somehow but that wasn’t the case.
When Naruto shattered Pain's Rods he did it through the use Frog Fu from what I can remember. Physical power enhanced by Natural Energies. That being said, it doesn't even make for a reasonable thing to talk about in this specific scenario as no one is debating whenever or not Naruto can destroy the rods as we've already seen him do so against Jigen. He simply cannot avoid them because he cannot see them and was only able to avoid them after learning of the shrinking ability, opting to dodge based on the way Jigen moves his hands rather than the attack itself.

Edit: Almost forgot. When Sasuke attacked Naruto during their final battle, he didn't aim to pierce him, he aimed to punch him with the Chidori or Naruto half-way avoided the attack. Exactly what lead to the Chidori hitting side-ways as opposed to straight on isn't known. Black Rods also holds power to counter Truth-Seeker Orbs, thus it stands to reason that they hold power to pierce things that not even a Chidori can pierce.

I disagree with the thought that Sasuke is under the impression that S/t would be ineffective against Jigen since he also possess such ability. Reason why is Sasuke’s S/T is used and works differently so I don’t think the Kamui comparison is valid.
I would understand this, had it not been for a few reasons. We know that Kamui was able to link up and work in tandem with Kaguya's own Yomotsu Hirasaka technique. Thus we have proof that even completely different Time-Space/Dimensional techniques can affect each other. We also know from Obito use of it that Kamui can be used to cancel Kamui. Furthermore we can judge Jigen's technique by how it looks as we know nothing else off it's characteristics. Based on how it looks it appears to be an almost identical technique to that of Sasuke in terms of appearance.

However as shown with Obito and Yomotsu Hirasaka, even if they are different then it is entirely possible that they can affect each other and logically they should as they exist within the same Time-Space if used on top of each other. You can argue that Sasuke should at least try to use it, but for all we know he concluded that they can affect each other based on logic and the chakra pattern of the techniques that he can see with his Rinnegan.

I agree with most of your second reply but question since Lava release is a KKG would it be absorbed?
If I recall correctly then Madara used Preta Path to absorb Mei's Lava Release when they fought him. Karma seems to work exactly like Preta Path in the sense that it requires close proximity to the target you want to absorb and that it can absorb any technique based in chakra. Preta Path was also able to absorb chakra directly from someone's body as seen with Pain and Sasuke's use of it. Hence it doesn't absorb Ninjutsu, but chakra and there is nothing to indicate that Karma can only absorb specific low level techniques.

And also what gives you the impression that absorbing a planet size RS is possible? The biggest attack that’s been shown absorbed is Naruto’s Oodama Rasengan and Momoshiki absorbing Killer Bee’s standard Bijuudama and Momoshiki is the only user with the feat of absorb something of that level so it’s pretty clear his absorption is absorption power is above the rest so far.
There exists no hard proof that absorption techniques have a limit, but likewise there is no proof that it has one either. What we do know is that said chakra has to be stored somewhere and if the target is unable to control that chakra, it will go out of control. This was the case when Black Zetsu forced Madara to absorbed more chakra than he could contain, making him blow up like a balloon and lose control over it, allowing Kaguya to take over the body. This was also shown when Pain absorbed chakra he couldn't control, resulting in a Path turning into a stone toad. We also see this rule applied to Delta's ability. That being said though... For this argument to work as a solution to Jigen, it would require Jigen to be unable to control same amount of chakra as Naruto has, which I find unlikely.

2) Uchiha were stated to have enormous amounts of chakra. Part One Sasuke was able to use Chidori twice on top of the Fire Ball technique, plus chakra enhanced speed and strength before running out. Gai said Chidori uses a massive amount of chakra.

3) Sasuke has godly amounts given he recieved half the Sage's chakra
These are irrelevant to the conversation at hand. We are not discussing whenever or not Sasuke has a crazy amount of chakra compared to the average person. We are discussing whenever or not he has anywhere near the chakra reserves of Naruto and Jigen. We know he has less than Naruto and we don't know how much Jigen has.

4) Path abilities obviously aren't taxing for him given Nagato could use them all simultaneously.
Nagato was also an Uzumaki and to this date every single Uzumaki we've seen have had abnormally large chakra reserves and life forces. He is hardly a good candidate to make a point like this. Not to mention that we know the more you train an ability the less chakra you can use on said ability as you learn to refine it further, as laid out by Ebisu in Part 1. Nagato had decades to train, he was likely extremely good at refining his chakra, as is likely Sasuke, yet their starting points were likely different.

5) Naruto lasted as long as him because he received all the nature energy aboveground.
I've seen people use this point more than once and it always confuses me how no one seems to understand how Natural Energies work. They aren't a power on their own unless specifically used as a replacement of your own chakra pool. Part of the training to master this power is to learn how to balance the two out. To be specific, this is the quote from the manga regarding how to use Sage Techniques and Natural Energy:

Sage Jutsu involves takin' that internally generated chakra... n' addin' to it nature energy from the outside... resultin' in an even more powerful chakra.
Gathering Natural Energy doesn't give you more chakra, it gives you stronger chakra. In other words you enhance the chakra you already have. If you have zero chakra left and take in Natural Energy, you will still have zero chakra. This in turn allows the user to create more powerful techniques with the amounts of chakra.

Reactions: Blackzoro

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) You need to learn how to be concise and precise. 2) Uchiha were stated to have enormous amounts of chakra. Part One Sasuke was able to use Chidori twice on top of the Fire Ball technique, plus chakra enhanced speed and strength before running out. Gai said Chidori uses a massive amount of chakra.

3) Sasuke has godly amounts given he recieved half the Sage's chakra 4) Path abilities obviously aren't taxing for him given Nagato could use them all simultaneously. 5) Naruto lasted as long as him because he received all the nature energy aboveground.

Lmfao nice solo

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Naruto shattered Pain's Rods he did it through the use Frog Fu from what I can remember. Physical power enhanced by Natural Energies. That being said, it doesn't even make for a reasonable thing to talk about in this specific scenario as no one is debating whenever or not Naruto can destroy the rods as we've already seen him do so against Jigen. He simply cannot avoid them because he cannot see them and was only able to avoid them after learning of the shrinking ability, opting to dodge based on the way Jigen moves his hands rather than the attack itself.

Edit: Almost forgot. When Sasuke attacked Naruto during their final battle, he didn't aim to pierce him, he aimed to punch him with the Chidori or Naruto half-way avoided the attack. Exactly what lead to the Chidori hitting side-ways as opposed to straight on isn't known. Black Rods also holds power to counter Truth-Seeker Orbs, thus it stands to reason that they hold power to pierce things that not even a Chidori can pierce.

I would understand this, had it not been for a few reasons. We know that Kamui was able to link up and work in tandem with Kaguya's own Yomotsu Hirasaka technique. Thus we have proof that even completely different Time-Space/Dimensional techniques can affect each other. We also know from Obito use of it that Kamui can be used to cancel Kamui. Furthermore we can judge Jigen's technique by how it looks as we know nothing else off it's characteristics. Based on how it looks it appears to be an almost identical technique to that of Sasuke in terms of appearance.
You right I actually forgot about that fighting style he learned.

And actually I went to double check the chapter and rewatched that scene. I am certain he actually aimed at him with a Chidori attempting to pierce him. You can see his hand formed like a spear like how he normally uses his Chidori both in the manga and the anime. In the manga it wasn’t clear if Naruto dodged the attack in the last moment but the anime made it clear it actually hit him. One last thing where was it stated Black rods holds the power to counter Truth Seeker Orbs? I don’t remember that at all.

You make valid points with Kamui being effective with Kaguya’s own technique so I guess that is one proof that the techniques might affect each other even if they’re different. But hopefully this is wrong and he uses it next chapter when the fight gets a bit more serious.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the manga it wasn’t clear if Naruto dodged the attack in the last moment but the anime made it clear it actually hit him.
This was the point I was trying to make. The manga doesn't make it clear if Sasuke tried to pierce Naruto and missed, or if Naruto managed to dodge or if Sasuke never tried to actually pierce him or just slap him with it. The anime crew clearly believed that Sasuke hit, but not spot on and that it was more of a partial dodge from Naruto rendering the attack more of a "slap" than a stab.

Though in the manga, Naruto is left with lightning coming out his body as he was hit, yet he seems to have blocked and jumped somewhat away. Hence the theory that Sasuke did actually miss the attack, albeit only partially missed it.

One last thing where was it stated Black rods holds the power to counter Truth Seeker Orbs? I don’t remember that at all.
"Counter" might be overestimating it a bit, and we don't know specifically what the Rods are made of. However Madara imply that the rod he gives Obito before he dies and Black Zetsu are made of the same material. There is also no visually information to counter this implication and I doubt Madara would get that part wrong, even if he got the part about Black Zetsu being "his" wrong. When Obito attacks Madara, he creates a staff off the material of Black Zetsu. This staff is powerful enough to block a Truth Seeker Orb attack and deflect the Orbs.

That proves that at least Obito's staff at this point wasn't standard chakra or was built up of the same releases releases as the Orbs, otherwise the Orbs would just have "erased" the staff like it did with other Ninjutsu like the Edo Tensei. Now there is nothing to dispute the theory that the rods and Black Zetsu are the same material, and Naruto being able to break one with Sage Mode actually makes sense. Even if these Rods were built strong enough to sustain Truth-Seeker Orbs, then they don't have to have the same "Chakra Erase" ability as them as we still don't know what causes that effect as Black Zetsu didn't have this ability.

Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was the point I was trying to make. The manga doesn't make it clear if Sasuke tried to pierce Naruto and missed, or if Naruto managed to dodge or if Sasuke never tried to actually pierce him or just slap him with it. The anime crew clearly believed that Sasuke hit, but not spot on and that it was more of a partial dodge from Naruto rendering the attack more of a "slap" than a stab.

Though in the manga, Naruto is left with lightning coming out his body as he was hit, yet he seems to have blocked and jumped somewhat away. Hence the theory that Sasuke did actually miss the attack, albeit only partially missed it.

"Counter" might be overestimating it a bit, and we don't know specifically what the Rods are made of. However Madara imply that the rod he gives Obito before he dies and Black Zetsu are made of the same material. There is also no visually information to counter this implication and I doubt Madara would get that part wrong, even if he got the part about Black Zetsu being "his" wrong. When Obito attacks Madara, he creates a staff off the material of Black Zetsu. This staff is powerful enough to block a Truth Seeker Orb attack and deflect the Orbs.

That proves that at least Obito's staff at this point wasn't standard chakra or was built up of the same releases releases as the Orbs, otherwise the Orbs would just have "erased" the staff like it did with other Ninjutsu like the Edo Tensei. Now there is nothing to dispute the theory that the rods and Black Zetsu are the same material, and Naruto being able to break one with Sage Mode actually makes sense. Even if these Rods were built strong enough to sustain Truth-Seeker Orbs, then they don't have to have the same "Chakra Erase" ability as them as we still don't know what causes that effect as Black Zetsu didn't have this ability.
In the manga Sasuke is using a chidori right after teleporting behind Naruto. That panel is visible to see his hand was formed like a spear so it is obvious his intent was to pierce him. I can’t assume his intention was anything other than piercing him when it’s so obvious from the art work. The only thing that wasn’t clear was it he landed the attack fully but we know he tagged him since like you stated Naruto had lightning sparks on him. The anime crew did believe he was hit and it was a clean hit. It did not even look like Naruto even dodged the attack compared to the manga. That scene in the anime is more visible that he attempted to pierce him. I recommend you rewatch that scene and pause it by frame you can see his hand and from the angle that it was a pierce.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You handed out a solo for once, instead of take an L. Well done, you're learning.

Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I see your point about the rod. I will look into that to find more information. Do you remember the chapter?

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the manga Sasuke is using a chidori right after teleporting behind Naruto. That panel is visible to see his hand was formed like a spear so it is obvious his intent was to pierce him. I can’t assume his intention was anything other than piercing him when it’s so obvious from the art work. The only thing that wasn’t clear was it he landed the attack fully but we know he tagged him since like you stated Naruto had lightning sparks on him. The anime crew did believe he was hit and it was a clean hit. It did not even look like Naruto even dodged the attack compared to the manga. That scene in the anime is more visible that he attempted to pierce him. I recommend you rewatch that scene and pause it by frame you can see his hand and from the angle that it was a pierce.
You’re really debating one trivial point? Yes Sasuke’s chidori attack landed in the manga, but it only hit Naruto’s arm. Naruto blocked it with his left arm. It’s not that hard to decipher.

Reactions: DHOH and Ansatsuken

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My point was exactly how it hits or even if it hits isn't specifically clear. We don't know if Naruto blocked it, redirected it, avoided most of it or was directly hit by it and for some reason didn't take damage. The anime seems to insist that Naruto was entirely unable to dodge or avoid the attack and was just "slapped" by it. As in the pierce wasn't directed head on, but rather sideways. If we say that the green spots are the points of impact, then the top one is what Sasuke would be trying to do if he went for a kill and aimed to pierce his targets. The bottom one would be what he would do if the goal was to knock away the target and not pierce them.

You must be registered to see images

The anime seems to insist that the bottom one is what occurred. The anime even animates Sasuke slightly different and has him stepping to the side before delivering the attack, hence he isn't trying to pierce Naruto, he is trying to "slap" him with it. The manga also somewhat supports this with Sasuke punching Naruto across the battlefield after Naruto partly manages to block the attack. What isn't obvious in the manga is the place of impact, whenever it was a pierce or a "slap". If it was a head on pierce then it should've injured Naruto even if he blocked it, which it didn't do, further adding to the idea that the anime is correct in how they portrayed the attack.

I see your point about the rod. I will look into that to find more information. Do you remember the chapter?
In Chapter 606, Madara comments that Black Zetsu and the Black Rod he gives Obito where both created using "Shadow and Light", otherwise known as "Yin-Yang release" which is what these Rods are. In Chapter 666 Obito uses Black Zetsu to form a staff out of akin to the one he had when he was still in the position of the Juubi. Moments later Madara fires his Truth-Seeker Orbs at him to stop him, these Orbs are blocked and deflected by Obito's staff.

When Hiruzen fought Obito he theorized that the Truth-Seeker Orbs were a combination of several Elemental Releases and Yin-Yang Release, yet at this point they didn't have the ability to cancel Ninjutsu. Obito's Staff also lacked this ability entirely, yet was able to block the Orbs. This proves that whatever Black Zetsu is made off if able to survive this unique ability to erase chakra. There is no indication that Madara was inaccurate in his statement when he claimed that Black Zetsu and the Rods were made of the same materials either.

What this means is that the near indestructible material that make up the Rods and Orbs are created using Yin-Yang Release, but their ability to erase Chakra comes from somewhere else. Whatever gives the Orbs these abilities there are a couple of things that can overcome the ability such as Senjutsu or Yin-Yang Release. Yet we know that Senjutsu and enough physical force can shatter a Rod and Orbs as we see Naruto shatter Pain's Rods and Gai shattering Madara's Orb.

DHOH

Elite
Kin
886💸
Kumi
425💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You’re really debating one trivial point? Yes Sasuke’s chidori attack landed in the manga, but it only hit Naruto’s arm. Naruto blocked it with his left arm. It’s not that hard to decipher.
And if he’s really trying to defend Naruto’s cloak armor, it was pierced in Gadien by Sasuke sword.

Reactions: Animegoin