Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is an interesting black mirror scifi scenario I thought of and want to hear what you would think if this happens.

I'm sure at some point in the future we will get to a stage where woman no longer need to be pregnant and have the option of raising your child in some pod until they are fully matured.

A good thing about it would be is it would put less of an expiration date for when women can have kids but if you don't carry the baby it will lose connection of your child and I think people would keep doing things for convenience till robots are raising your kids for you. Also I wouldn't be surprised if it's discovered that you cone out with defects if your not within your mother.

If this option was available would you consider it.

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Umm, yes, no, rather depends upon the situation maybe, but I guess bearing a baby in your womb is a very special feeling, then again, the Pain, (I never had one so I don't know,) is something to think about, we can't even bear the period cramps properly and the pain of shitting out an entire baby is idk on which level...

Reactions: Rohan and Sagebee

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No way... :what:

Women had children since the start of this specie and it's natural to carry, give birth, nurture a child and so on. During pregnancy the child hears all noises around him, and mother's voices and heart beatings are for him the first contact with this world, and the mother feels the baby's movements from the 4th month (more or less) and she craves at things she never ate or never liked. The bond between the two are very deep and from this bond the new human being will grow up as a society member.
The problem no 1 in our society is that we are afraid of suffering, of having pain... of living!
So we are searching easy ways for anything. Growing a child in laboratory sound SF and it's a source or weakening the humanity's health.
We are part of the nature and we should stay as we are.

King Kazma

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
1,043💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is an interesting black mirror scifi scenario I thought of and want to hear what you would think if this happens.

I'm sure at some point in the future we will get to a stage where woman no longer need to be pregnant and have the option of raising your child in some pod until they are fully matured.

A good thing about it would be is it would put less of an expiration date for when women can have kids but if you don't carry the baby it will lose connection of your child and I think people would keep doing things for convenience till robots are raising your kids for you. Also I wouldn't be surprised if it's discovered that you cone out with defects if your not within your mother.

If this option was available would you consider it.
Honestly I don't think we would ever reach that stage. There are something's that mankind can only dream about. But to answer your question HECK NO. If I don't want to carry a baby then I'd just adopt one.

Reactions: Sagebee

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I'd welcome the notion. Especially if it becomes the stepping stone to eradicating child or spousal support. Part of nature is to wither and die. Yet, that doesn't stop people from going for medication and surgery should it lengthen their lives.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
most definitely would never be on par to a women being pregnant. they'd try to convince us otherwise, and all the educated people would buy it but i would never trust that.

hypothetically though, if it was on par with natural pregnancy, then i think it would be a good idea to opt in for women. it would hold businesses back less considering that a pregnant employee can put strain on a business when they need to leave. and for obvious reasons, allow the woman more time for herself and avoid the inconveniences.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd welcome the notion. Especially if it becomes the stepping stone to eradicating child or spousal support. Part of nature is to wither and die. Yet, that doesn't stop people from going for medication and surgery should it lengthen their lives.
I dont think it would eradicate child support but I think it does come with pros where a market of people would consider.

I wonder if it would get more popular than natural births.

l Forgotten l

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, because it's THAT unnatural and sick. Humans don't know when there's a limit and having a generation born from pods is too much. You're better off adopting a child. I would never let my kid be "born" from a pod.