Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Sasuke was dying against Madara, Tobirama said he could save his body with a technique.

Putting things together, Tobirama was probably thinking of using the Impure World Reanimation technique on Sasuke. This would have given us a reanimated EMS Sasuke.

That raises some questions and ideas.

1) Can a reanimation grow?
Either actual physical growth or growth in power and strength. Would Sasuke have been limited to that power level if he was reanimated? If he would be limited, could he have cheated by eating Senju DNA to awaken a Rinnegan, or trained in some sealing techniques to become a beast host or to absorb superior energies and thus improved his power level?

2) Would he have been stronger?
He would have the classic undead benefits (mutual death strike), essentially making him a Sasuke+Hidan mix who does not need a partner to sew him together. He would have been able to sustain his MS powers much longer (infinitely, actually) and probably use them at a higher level since he could spend more energy on them at any single time (basically, bigger flames and armour). His non-Uchiha powers would also be stronger. He would be able make bigger lightning spears, use Thunder Giraffe more frequently, summon more shadow snakes and copy many techniques that he could afford to use at a good level. So, would he be stronger as a reanimation than he was against Kaguya or Kinshiki or now (lost eye)?

3) Would he have been useful?
The reanimation state restores the body. Would he have been able to copy techniques, since those techniques are probably stored in the physical brain? Could he have taken the Moon Seal from Hagaromo, assuming thay conversation could even have happened? Could he have received Six Paths Energy to evolve Rinne-Sharingan?

4) How would the story have gone?
If EMS Sasuke was a reanimation from that point onwards, how would the story have gone? Would he have been a main character as he has been or would others (Golden Generation) have been made to step up? How do you think things would have been? Who would Sakura have married?

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I think that Tobirama's forbidden jutsu was like something between Dan's ghost jutsu and Chiyo's chakra transfer.

You must be registered for see images

But the translation is unclear, there another translations :

I think that Tobirama, like Darth Plagueis in Star Wars, can save people from death, but the counterpart is that the user die, this is why it is forbidden.

As Tobirama created the Edo Tensei, he knows a lot about how the soul works, so maybe, he deviced a jutsu that can stop a soul to go in the afterlife, maybe by transfering his vital essence to the dying person.

Or maybe, it is a ghost jutsu like Dan's jutsu, and what Tobirama wanted to do, is to use his soul in order to teleport Sasuke in a safe place in which he could be healed.

In any case, it's not Edo Tensei, because Tobirama would have clearly mention it. Like he clearly mentionned Edo Tensei when he wanted to revive Madara in order to ask him some answers. He didn't say " I will use my forbidden jutsu".

Kishimoto never answered about this question, I hope in Boruto they will develop this. I am sure Orochimaru know something about it. Maybe, Orochimaru's soul transfer jutsu is based on Tobirama's forbidden jutsu, Orochimaru deviced his own soul transfer thank to Tobirama's studies about the soul functioning.

Maybe Dan's ghost jutsu was also based on this Tobirama's forbidden jutsu, but Dan made a lighter version which would explain what it isn't stated as a forbidden jutsu.

• Love
Reactions: Infant