What Ichigo really is?

Locke Shaydow

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So just exactly how special is Ichigo? when Ichigo and his dad were fighting Aizen on top of that building in Karakura town (manga reference btw) and it was when Aizen was telling Ichigo about how he's been watching him the entire time he's been in Soul Society and how everything he's encountered was because Aizen put that task in front of him? Well at the end of his speech he's saying how Ichigo is special and mentions that he's different from everyone else, he's about to tell him something but before he can, Ichigo's dad shows up and stops him.

Anyway Aizen was saying that he's "Human and....." "Human and....."

We can assume he's going to say Human and Shinigami, but what does it really mean? We know that he's a Human, Shinigami and part hollow. In this new saga we aren't sure whether or not he still has his hollow powers, but since he does have his shinigami powers again I'm almost HIV positive that his hollow side will comeback.

My main point is, what make Ichigo different from the visoreds? he's actually alive! everyone at the soul society was killed off from the real world and thats how they entered the soul society. Ichigo on the other hand, go his powers from a fluke accident from Rukia. So he's still alive, but a shinigami as well and hollow. I'm not sure what it all adds up to, but Aizen had his eyes set on him for reasons that weren't fully told because of his unexpected death. And more proof that he's something that is unseen, is at the beginning of this new Qunicy arc and one of the rogue Quincy's attacks Ichigo from his house, he tries to use that technique that won't let him go Bankai but it won't work on him. Just as Buckbeard expected apparently, so he must know something about it as well.

Here's the link to the manga of where Aizen is talking to Ichigo,

Hopefully the link shows up, if not its at the very beginning of manga chapter 398

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah... I've been thinking about thesame thing... But this is what i noticed in bleach...... Whoever ichigo mingles with, he becomes like them....... E.g. Ichigo met rukia, he became like her, a shimigami, he net the hollows, he has hollow powers, now he met the fullbringers, he's now a fullbringer... Now its about quincy...... Lol

Flame Alchemist

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I checked this before and aizen actually says "you are half shinigami and..." but isshin butts in and stops aizen.

ichigo remembers it in the flashback as "you're half human and..."
this is how it was in the original script of the manga. in other words what aizen was going to say about the other half is the actual surprise

Vasto Lordé

Elite
Kin
260💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Quincy my friend , Quincy U_U ( or that's what I think for now :p )

It was never stated how Ichi's father Isshin met his mother as far as I can remeber or at least it was a cover up story .-., I believe they met each other when they were both on the battlefield, since both Shinigami and Quincy have a history of fighting each other BUT very unlikely since the war stopped ages ago, so they probably met while killing a hollow or something. So I'm saying Ichigo got Quincy DNA from his mother, which kinda explains why he used to see ghosts as a normal person before Rukia giving him his Shinihami powers, but this can be also due to his father being a Shinigami, so I'm not so sure on my theory 0_0

Last edited:

Locke Shaydow

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I've been wondering about him being part Quincy too! I was unsure about mentioning it though because I didnt have anything to back it up and its something I pondered on just a little. That'd be insane if he was a human/shinigami/hollow/quincy x.X; I wonder what his quincy powers would be?

mas129

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually, there is a difference in translation in places.

You must be registered for see images

From what I have posted it doesn't mention it but I have read other scan saying half Shinigami and ...

I believe your scan is wrong (I could be wrong) because we all know Issin is a shinigami making Ichigo half shinigami, then the other half represents his mother which holds significant information. She is either Human (doubt it), quincy (possibly) or hollow (ties in nicely) but she is definitely not shinigami otherwise Ichigo is full shinigami.

edit: this is more accurate I feel
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This has been brought up before and it's caused confusion.

• Some translations say "because you're a human and..."
  • Some translations say "because you're a Shinigami and..."
Unless we can actually get a native Japanese speaker to clear up the translation once and for all, this is just going to go around in circles.

Anyways, back on topic, I would hate for Ichigo to be some half Quincy. It's not going to be cool and it's not going to be exciting. It's going to be boring and predictable.

I mean, if that happens then what? He'd be a Human/Shinigami/Fullbringer/Quincy? Just stupid.

Whatever secrets his mom's side holds, I hope Kubo makes it creative and fresh

Flame Alchemist

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This has been brought up before and it's caused confusion.

• Some translations say "because you're a human and..."
  • Some translations say "because you're a Shinigami and..."
Unless we can actually get a native Japanese speaker to clear up the translation once and for all, this is just going to go around in circles.

Anyways, back on topic, I would hate for Ichigo to be some half Quincy. It's not going to be cool and it's not going to be exciting. It's going to be boring and predictable.

I mean, if that happens then what? He'd be a Human/Shinigami/Fullbringer/Quincy? Just stupid.

Whatever secrets his mom's side holds, I hope Kubo makes it creative and fresh
I want her to be a vasto lorde :|

that would explain why ichigo turned into hollow too while becoming a shinigami. (the time when urahara trained him)

dbzfreak

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought the same thing, what would make him so special if he was human and shinigami? I hate to agree with NLee but if he was part Quincy that would just be downright stupid.

lubricati0n

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So just exactly how special is Ichigo? when Ichigo and his dad were fighting Aizen on top of that building in Karakura town (manga reference btw) and it was when Aizen was telling Ichigo about how he's been watching him the entire time he's been in Soul Society and how everything he's encountered was because Aizen put that task in front of him? Well at the end of his speech he's saying how Ichigo is special and mentions that he's different from everyone else, he's about to tell him something but before he can, Ichigo's dad shows up and stops him.

Anyway Aizen was saying that he's "Human and....." "Human and....."

We can assume he's going to say Human and Shinigami, but what does it really mean? We know that he's a Human, Shinigami and part hollow. In this new saga we aren't sure whether or not he still has his hollow powers, but since he does have his shinigami powers again I'm almost HIV positive that his hollow side will comeback.

My main point is, what make Ichigo different from the visoreds? he's actually alive! everyone at the soul society was killed off from the real world and thats how they entered the soul society. Ichigo on the other hand, go his powers from a fluke accident from Rukia. So he's still alive, but a shinigami as well and hollow. I'm not sure what it all adds up to, but Aizen had his eyes set on him for reasons that weren't fully told because of his unexpected death. And more proof that he's something that is unseen, is at the beginning of this new Qunicy arc and one of the rogue Quincy's attacks Ichigo from his house, he tries to use that technique that won't let him go Bankai but it won't work on him. Just as Buckbeard expected apparently, so he must know something about it as well.

Here's the link to the manga of where Aizen is talking to Ichigo,

Hopefully the link shows up, if not its at the very beginning of manga chapter 398
It should be the other way around. Aizen said he's half shinigami and then Isshin interrupted him.

And obviously Ichigo is different from other Visored's. He's the only human out of all of them. I don't see how that is any special compared to the Visored's and/or Shinigami.

Oh and Ichigo is no hollow. His hollow is technically something within him and possibly part of Zangetsu.

2myname1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ichigos mother is a REGULAR human, and probably met Issun the same way Ichigos friends can see shinigami. No need to make it any more complicated. Kubo said the answer appeared right in front of him. he meant no more than Ichigo being half shinigami at birth. he's shinigami and human

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ichigo is vizarod, soul reaper, and hollow. And he will be soon to be quincy, just watch.
He is not a hollow. There's a difference between having an inner hollow and being one himself.

He is classified as a Vizard which in itself already implies Shinigami/Hollow powers

palmer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well i had to go look the anime episode since mangas r giving diff translation,and in episode 296 azien said u r human n, b4 his father bustd in,so its uncertain,xcpt the anime is correct than the manga