Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've been thinking about about the significance of the shell on the juubi and what it might be inspired by.

I'm thinking it might be inspired by the mythical world turtle mixed in with other japanese yokai based on its monikers.

Scroll down to the trivia section and see the other yokai its inspired from.

You think the shells significance to the juubi relates to the world tree or you think it has some other significance?

Also heres the spiritual significance for the conch in Hinduism and Buddhism that might also play into it.

• Wow
Reactions: Infant and minamoto

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Huh? Exactly how do you think Jubbi is related to conch or that turtle?
Well the god tree is obviously based on the world tree in various cultures.

The shell on it's back must take inspiration from something the only shelled mythical creature that makes sense is the world turtle. It obviously doesnt look like one but I'm saying it took inspiration to have a shell based on it.

Also the conch might be related since the shell on it's back looks like one and only thing of significance I can pull on shells and mythology. We also know kishi pulls from hindu lore.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the god tree is obviously based on the world tree in various cultures.

The shell on it's back must take inspiration from something the only shelled mythical creature that makes sense is the world turtle. It obviously doesnt look like one but I'm saying it took inspiration to have a shell based on it.

Also the conch might be related since the shell on it's back looks like one and only thing of significance I can pull on shells and mythology. We also know kishi pulls from hindu lore.

Oh... I don't think the Jubbi fruit tree in Naruto has anything to do with world tree. It's been years but I had posted about it some older threads some years ago. In Japanese yokai folklore there is a such a vampire tree myth. The 'Jubokko' is a Vampire Tree that grows on an old battlefield, where many people have died and blood has soaked the ground. It captures passerby with its branches .. Sometimes it's said that it lures them to it and whoever eats it's fruit becomes it's servant doing it's bidding. When a Jubokko is cut, blood trickles out etc..

Link:

It seems oldest modern reference who collected a lot of Japanese yuokai stories in their folk culture in some manga. There seem to be a debate about source of this one particular yuokai. Some have speculated that Shigure Mizuki might have been the original writer of this folklore as they couldn't find any other record of it. But that's that. Sometimes the stories are not recorded or older records are gone but survive in some family traditions and resurface so at this point all theories regarding it are speculation.

As for shell.... I can not recall what you are referring to as it's conch or tortoise shaped shell. Can you link me an image or panel to give me an idea what did you mean?

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh... I don't think the Jubbi fruit tree in Naruto has anything to do with world tree. It's been years but I had posted about it some older threads some years ago. In Japanese yokai folklore there is a such a vampire tree myth. The 'Jubokko' is a Vampire Tree that grows on an old battlefield, where many people have died and blood has soaked the ground. It captures passerby with its branches .. Sometimes it's said that it lures them to it and whoever eats it's fruit becomes it's servant doing it's bidding. When a Jubokko is cut, blood trickles out etc..

Link:

It seems oldest modern reference who collected a lot of Japanese yuokai stories in their folk culture in some manga. There seem to be a debate about source of this one particular yuokai. Some have speculated that Shigure Mizuki might have been the original writer of this folklore as they couldn't find any other record of it. But that's that. Sometimes the stories are not recorded or older records are gone but survive in some family traditions and resurface so at this point all theories regarding it are speculation.

As for shell.... I can not recall what you are referring to as it's conch or tortoise shaped shell. Can you link me an image or panel to give me an idea what did you mean?
Heres the shell of the juubi and a conch which look similar.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

As for the tree you mention its likely inspired by that but like the juubi mode is inspired by many myths I think so does the tree.

Chinese mythology has trees that produce fruits of immortality, hindu religion has a wish fullying tree. And even the world tree is a tree that connects to the realm of gods and shinju might connect to other realms as we see with the rinnegan it produces and see in boruto space time disturbance is being caused alerting the otsutsuki that the fruits are ready.

Reactions: Infant

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be an unblocked flower but has spikes on it like a conch shell.

And kara means shell thinking partially referencing the juubi.
Hmm it can be said so... I hadn't really paid Jubbi design much attention but it's most likely nothing more than an artistic choice, either way. Conch is considered auspicious and associated with a number of deities, but there is no particular story going about it comes to mind. Of course, I am not saying connection may not exist unless I can see it. But I am drawing a blank on that.

Kara means empty, if I remember correctly...

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm it can be said so... I hadn't really paid Jubbi design much attention but it's most likely nothing more than an artistic choice, either way. Conch is considered auspicious and associated with a number of deities, but there is no particular story going about it comes to mind. Of course, I am not saying connection may not exist unless I can see it. But I am drawing a blank on that.

Kara means empty, if I remember correctly...
The viz translation has it meaning shell or husk

Look at the top on the opening lines for the description.

Reactions: Avani