Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
(small spoilers)

The anime is becoming so...mediocre.

It's really a shame that such an original looking anime finally showed up with a new art style, fantastic animation and a unique realistic darker tone and then that potential just ends up being another generic anime by the time of episode 10.

You must be registered for see images

The second Eren was revealed to be the titan the series skidded to a halt. Anyone else feeling how the pace has slowed down so much? Like, whilst years could pass in the first few episodes and huge events in humanity happened, now we just get whole episodes about side characters standing still to join the scouting legion (they were obviously going to do this why a whole episode) and this weeks was them literally just entering a forest with 'big ass trees'.

I really hope the manga gets exciting soon because the anime is starting to suffer and is becoming just another generic anime about teenagers with super abilities and swords defeating monsters.

SpaceTime

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You're one of those guys...

There's nothing wrong with the show bro, at the begginning the show's purpose was to give a back story on Eren's life; the prologue to the amazing-ness ahead. You're just being analytically biased because you wanted to make a thread and get some attention.

The anime is still unique, the whole point of the latest episode was to portray a sense of "togetherness" they need to have TRUST within the whole corps for them to function and gain victory. If you read the manga you can clearly deduce this from Petra's statements to Eren (which will most likely be shown in the forthcoming episodes) about him laying down his impulsive character and letting the corps and the member accomplish their duties, whether they die trying to or not.

It is all a form of idealistic figurative devices within the show to portray a larger, much more grand perspective on the whole cast of characters, namely the recon corps.

You on the other hand just had to nit pick and try and demean an anime that, although not perfect in its own right, has definitely shaken the boundary between "generic" and "innovative".

You piss me off.

Murasame

Elite
Kin
12๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
6๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Lol sure the pace has slowed down but come on you can't expect it to be all action.. I like the way the series is going and its necessary to have character development to feel tied to the characters. Be patient I'm sure the pace will pick up next episode.

Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Simply because things aren't going the way you want to them to go, or at the pace you want them to doesn't necessarily mean the show is becoming mediocre. The reason the beginning covered more ground was because it skipped things that were unnecessary for character progression, and plot development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: reizon

reizon

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
you cant expect eren to titan mode in every single episode.!!

and another thing, you need to develop some story for the anime, not just show titans being slaughtered here and there.!!

i think its going fine, but have to wait for a week for next episode so ends up being a drag.!!

The Western Wheel

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I understand you, but it's not a cool historical series or whatever. It isn't a documentary on the world of Shingeki no Kyoujin. It's a story... the pace changes sometimes.

by the way... I stopped after the sixth episode or so... because the pace dropped... then I read the manga in one week and now I am looking for other stuff...

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The pace slow down? Tell me how so? Lastest episode withe female Titan wasn't cool, you're in for a nice ride just sit back bro , 25 episodes is good.

Warning
the female Titan has a human inside, and all titans were human at some point.

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You're one of those guys...

There's nothing wrong with the show bro, at the begginning the show's purpose was to give a back story on Eren's life; the prologue to the amazing-ness ahead. You're just being analytically biased because you wanted to make a thread and get some attention.

The anime is still unique, the whole point of the latest episode was to portray a sense of "togetherness" they need to have TRUST within the whole corps for them to function and gain victory. If you read the manga you can clearly deduce this from Petra's statements to Eren (which will most likely be shown in the forthcoming episodes) about him laying down his impulsive character and letting the corps and the member accomplish their duties, whether they die trying to or not.

It is all a form of idealistic figurative devices within the show to portray a larger, much more grand perspective on the whole cast of characters, namely the recon corps.

You on the other hand just had to nit pick and try and demean an anime that, although not perfect in its own right, has definitely shaken the boundary between "generic" and "innovative".

You piss me off.
I love how you can just assume I'm this anime critic attention seeker and vent anger at me when really I've watched many anime and this is literally just my opinion. It's tone and pacing is starting to change and it just distracted me is all. Im making my thread because that's what forums are for and I'm asking if the manga picks up soon or whether I should drop it. Don't let me piss you off guy.

The pace slow down? Tell me how so? Lastest episode withe female Titan wasn't cool, you're in for a nice ride just sit back bro , 25 episodes is good.

the female Titan has a human inside, and all titans were human at some point.
Yeah I knew this. Kinda obvious actually. The female Titan gave it away as its so obviously Annie. Yup, seems like I'm dropping it.

And...everybody is being rude to me why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Because your being rude to a great series, putting it down, when really, there isn't anything wrong with it. I guess people will complain no matter what.
No show is beyond criticism. I'm asking if this pace continues or if anything big happens soon. You people get offended so easily. And honestly? My favourite anime are Ano Hana, One Piece and Fma Brotherhood, so trust me- I'm fine with there not being action every episode but the fact is there's not only a lack of action but a decline in character backgrounds, development, pacing AND tension which are what so dynamically attracted everyone to the series in the first place. The stakes don't seem high. It's like starting with the pain invasion arc and then going on a mission to the land of waves. Seems odd.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
265๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Nope , the anime/series is amazing , i like everything they are doing with it , so what if sometimes the anime is slow , they take their time to develop all the important characters & i think they are doing a great job , What!? do you want them to pull a naruto & only develop Eren , Armin & mikasa ? .......i don't , i don't see any rush in the anime & that's what i like about it . , ATO is clrealy not for everyone .

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
27,056๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Now, now... peeps. Everyone is entitled to their own take on a given series.

Also, please refrain from the following:

spam: double-posting
spam: multi-posting
insulting other member(s)

Note: this warning is directed towards all people who have posted in this thread.​