What does having a good sense of balance in combat mean?

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was reading Temari's 2nd databook entry and it states that Temari most likely has a better sense of balance in combat than her siblings.

Page 110-111 Temari

Writing beside face:
私の力を見誤るんじゃないよ・・・
Don’t misjudge my strength…

Top info box:
忍者登録番号 63-004
Ninja number 63-004

誕生日 8月23日 (16歳・おとめ座)
Birthday 23rd of August (Age 16 || Virgo)

身長 159.3cm 体重 44.9kg 血液型 O型
Height 159.3cm Weight 44.9kg Blood type O

性格 大胆、思慮深い
Character Bold, deep thinking

好きな食べ物 甘栗、けんちん汁
Favourite foods Sweet roasted chestnuts, kenchin soup (?)

嫌いな食べ物 イカ、タコ
Hated foods Squid, octopus

戦ってみたい相手 奈良シカマル
Desired opponent Nara Shikamaru

好きな言葉 一望千里
Favourite phrase A wide open landscape

趣味 植物鑑賞
Hobby Plant observing .. plant watching?

Bottom info box:
忍者学校卒業年齢 12歳 中忍昇格年齢 -
Age at graduation 12 Age at promotion to Chuunin –

任務経験
Missions

D rank - ? C rank – 9
B rank – 1 A rank – 1
S rank – 1

Top left picture, speech:
私は来たばかりだ
I just got here.

奴の能力と戦闘スタイルに分析を加えて || 今の状況を簡潔に説明しろ
Give me a brief description of the current situation || and an analysis of her abilities and fighting style.

Top left picture, caption:
危機的状況下でも、決して慌てることのないテマリ。綿密な分析が、勝利への礎となる。
Even in a crisis, Temari never panics. A detailed analysis is the keystone to victory.

Big heading:
砂の轟風 大胆華麗に吹き荒れん!!
A fearless and glorious thundering tempest of sand!!

2nd paragraph:
あの我愛羅とカンクロウの姉だけあって、風を操るその実力は相当なもの。状況を冷静に観察しながらも、ここぞと見れば一気に動く。戦闘におけるバランス感覚は、姉弟中一番だろう。
Being the older sister of Gaara and Kankurō, her own ability of wind control is formidable. She surveys the situation calmly, and moves the instant she spots an opening. Her sense of balance in combat is probably the best out of her siblings.

2nd picture, caption:
←巨大扇子から巻き起こる風は、戦況に応じ様々な効果を発揮。攻防自在の、テマリの得意忍術。
The wind blown up by her giant fan controls various effects depending on the situation. It is Temari’s speciality ninjutsu, combining attack and defense.

3rd picture, speech:
どんなもんだ?
How was that?

3rd picture, caption:
音忍を倒し得意気なテマリ。この笑顔もまた彼女の一面なのだ。
Temari, glowing proudly after defeating a Sound shinobi. This smile is another side of her.

3rd paragraph:
好戦的で残虐性ばかりが目立つテマリだが、時折、子供のような無邪気な表情を見せることもある。また、弟二人を持つ姉の立場からか、他人を気遣う優しい一面も持ち合わせている。
Temari’s cruel and warlike nature stands out. However, at times, she has an innocent childlike expression. Also, perhaps because she has two younger brothers, a part of her is kind and considerate of others.

In this context, it can't be referring to power as Gaara is clearly stronger. It can't be referring to versatility either because Gaara's sand usage is more versatile. I think it is referring to observation/analytical capability as Temari's ability to observe and analyse the situation was being hyped before this statement.

Sir Blades

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes it has to do with her analytical skills, balance in the sense that she can come up with possible counters or measures for unfavorable scenarios and how to avoid them. Level headed.

Reactions: Icelerate

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She has more balanced stats.

Gaara has more power but she has more balanced stats relative to one another while in Gaara's case his ninjutsu is far greater than his other skills.

Last edited: