Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was just wondering how many from NB actually likes/appreciates KPop. I am curious to know what people from an anime forum site think of this genre of music from South Korea.

Kindly express your thoughts and mention any KPop group you have heard of or seen, whatever. Maybe include where you're from and the snack you eating at the moment.

EDIT: Here's a helpful link for in case you guys want to check it out.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Trash. I feel like the only people that like it are those guys who'll always be under the impression that sub is always better than dub regardless if true and the slim odds of them even understanding the nuance they hear in a foreign language.

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Trash. I feel like the only people that like it are those guys who'll always be under the impression that sub is always better than dub regardless if true and the slim odds of them even understanding the nuance they hear in a foreign language.
Point taken. Apparently, I am one of those people :D

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think I like you anymore, but I admit that response was entirely out of salt for the hate of dubs.
Their songs don't break eardrums or anything. I just can't get behind the image it'd give me lol.
I actually didn't expect to like and invest so much of me into liking KPop. It's like a phase I won't be coming out from anytime soon, I think.

To explain this thread better, I'm kind of curious about how the western media handles this phenomenon and how it actually translates to their audience. Does Kpop really reach a sheer amount of non-fans? I am just wondering because petty fandom wars are getting ugly each day and the notion of "western validation" is just one of the many arguments that is (ab)used regularly.

Last edited:

Markovko

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most K-pop is not even "K", it is just same Western pop music made more specifically to appeal for Korean auditory using theme in music with stuff, that most people of that nation will understand, same as J-pop.
I overall heavily dislike pop music nowadays. There are some great songs but most unfortunately are about "muh lifestyle", "muh hard school life" or some other subjects like singing about mediocre love.

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most K-pop is not even "K", it is just same Western pop music made more specifically to appeal for Korean auditory using theme in music with stuff, that most people of that nation will understand, same as J-pop.
I overall heavily dislike pop music nowadays. There are some great songs but most unfortunately are about "muh lifestyle", "muh hard school life" or some other subjects like singing about mediocre love.
I agree. KPop really borrowed from the West. Seo Taiji & Boys brought styles of popular Western music to Korea and helped shape what KPop is today. Also, same with pop music nowadays.I think that is why I favor the Korea's music lately. I don't particularly feel like absorbing the english lyrics. Listening to Kpop, I kind of appreciated the music more. Bonus: performance.

Last edited: