What do you think is the limit in personal information people are willing to be accessed

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tech more and more is getting integrated with our lives and what's private is become close to nonexistant where pretty much openly being monitored in your homes what's your thought on everything going digital say if all your health information was put online would you be comfortable with that.

Or let's say one day it became mandatory for everyone to get chipped maybe next step in communication becomes telepathy.

Do you think people get to a point and feel techs become too intrusive and create a divide or do you think people will passively accept it.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think people would accept EVERY intrusion of privacy BUT only under the assumption that the user can choose who they're communicating with AND that the person they're communicating with can't peer into their life. The internet has made it clear that most personal boundaries exist out of fear. Fear that everyone will look at you differently if those secrets get out. People only let these secrets out when the "everyone" around them is a stranger. There are stronger boundaries such as those around traumatic experiences and criminal secrets though. Both of these are difficult to speak on even around complete strangers, but they're relatively rare. Only, AND, only if boundaries such as those two could be passed, would privacy become a major concern under the conditions that my first sentence set.

If SOO many people can have internet, phones, and credit cards in spite of the Snowden leaks(the fact that not only is EVERYTHING tracked, but that everything can also be pieced together back to you EVEN if your actions took place across dozens of different accounts, emails, addresses, or whatever, THEN further extrapolated on to give your schedule, who you're in personal contact with, and so on), then it's clear that the scariest aspect of intrusions of privacy is truly the backlash. Because, ultimately, who cares? How many people do you know that were jailed due to all this data the government's been harvesting? Odds are zero.

For your scenario, so long as the chips aren't used to aid in the arrest of low-profile citizens, I doubt anyone would care much. To take it further, I doubt any government would just say "these chips are mandatory." They'd probably avoid most of the backlash by getting middle-men to say "these chips are mandatory." For example, they'd incentivize businesses, sites, and internet services to have it as a requirement. Whether that incentive is something positive like putting/leaving money in their pockets, or negative such as taxing them, it doesn't matter. How many people would have these chips if they were practically mandatory to access half of the country's jobs or the next big social media platform? This is part of why phones blew up to extent they have. People that don't have phones are the minority, and people that don't have chips would be one too. Most people would passively accept.

Reactions: Sagebee

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tech more and more is getting integrated with our lives and what's private is become close to nonexistant where pretty much openly being monitored in your homes what's your thought on everything going digital say if all your health information was put online would you be comfortable with that.

Or let's say one day it became mandatory for everyone to get chipped maybe next step in communication becomes telepathy.

Do you think people get to a point and feel techs become too intrusive and create a divide or do you think people will passively accept it.
That's crazy I was just talking about how the future phones would be a chip that relays the words we think to another persons chip directly. Are you alternate me? I wouldn't get one but you know what would be neat is if that's possible they'd probably finally have a way for people to communicate with animals.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's crazy I was just talking about how the future phones would be a chip that relays the words we think to another persons chip directly. Are you alternate me? I wouldn't get one but you know what would be neat is if that's possible they'd probably finally have a way for people to communicate with animals.
You think it could actually help with communication with them?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You think it could actually help with communication with them?
Possibly. They know where thoughts originate in the brain I don't see why they couldn't place the chip on that section receive the thought process it and translate it to our language. It's the same way it'd work for people, I'd think the word water the chip would pick up those impulses convert it the way our body does when sending it to our vocal chords to say and then relay it to a secondary chip allowing the 2nd person to hear the thought so if a dog with the chip thought of the word water it should be able to be processed by the chip in the same manner.

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wouldn't a chip only be a formality at this point?

Like, yeah, we all have phones and tbh, that's a formidable tracking device. The only difference it makes when I'm revoking the location access is that it doesn't outright states my location on Google or some other apps, but it still knows very well what my location is. Not to mention that phones actually record you constantly. (Did it never happen to watch a Chinese movie with your internet on and when you go check some random app you get Chinese ads despite you not even speaking Chinese? Happened to me.) And you can actually download some sort of history from Google on your account and discover recordings you didn't even know about, hear other people talking while they are in the room with your phone. (I downloaded it once, it wasn't much saved since I don't usually save anything and periodically delete my data, but I'm certain I would have found more if I would have dug deeper.)

Not to mention that smart watches (connected to your device, waterproof so you can even shower while wearing them, geolocation etc etc) are getting ever more and more popular now. Here's your chip, only it's not under the skin.

And what about credit cards? They also know one's location and the average person has at least two of them.

But the talking with animals feature would definitely sell it.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
id say its based on the level of freedom the individual is still allotted in their lives. like i know music festivals thought to start having facial recognition technology to get in and tried it out. i thought it was fine, but i check on twitter and a bunch of people are boycotting it and suddenly festivals are making statements that they wont be using facial recognition technology. a lot of people are scared of a George Orwell situation with technology from the comments i read. especially with goverments like China currently, using said facial recognition technology to arrest people and stuff, we see how crazy its gotten over there. they cant even use a lot of websites anymore because the government doesnt want information leaked

so i would say it depends on the freedom people have. like its creepy when im talking about something, then i check instagram and theres an exact add or relevant post immediately or hulu is suggesting me commercials based on what i just said. but its not really taking away any of my freedoms, its marketing, which if you know anything about digital marketing, its creepy to begin with

i feel like again if people were forced to have chips installed in them, that transition period would be chaotic with a lot of people rebelling for the freedom of their own bodies and being able to do what they want, i dont think that would fly and it would be very divisive. i dont think people will ever totally passively accept something like that, rebellion has been proven through mankind to be a consistent characteristic a lot of us have

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think there's no point in even bothering at this point, do you know about the spectre CVE? Legitimately every processor (till now) has a hardware exploit due to speculative instructions. You're even more fucked if you're using intel.

Reactions: Gunjan