[Discussion] What became of Naruto and Sasuke?

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

The scan above raises a few questions, all of which are interesting if you ask me. However, the destruction of Konoha is something we've seen before, so its not the most interesting question to ask. However, I have one for you all; What became of Naruto and Sasuke? Now, before you go crazy on me for asking about both of them. Kawaki states that he has sent Naruto to some place, and aims to get Boruto there as well. That may imply a few things, a prison, another dimension or even death. Exactly where is unknown and will remain that until the manga shows it to us. But where is Sasuke right now?

Sasuke should have been able to help with something, sure? But two things that caught my eye;

1. Boruto is trained in Kenjutsu, most likely by Sasuke.
  2. Boruto is holding Sasuke's sword.
If this is the case, then the blade was most likely left by Sasuke for Boruto upon his death or if he was severely injured. So just what happened to them? Are they both dead, and if so who killed them? Kawaki? If Kawaki was able to over-power both Naruto and Sasuke, then Boruto must also be capable of doing that, but just how? This is more of a discussion thread than anything btw.

Reactions: Conspirator.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I will quote one of my earlier replies.

There is no proof to suggest that Sasuke is dead. The sword is not a hint as even if it is Sasuke's sword, he might have given it to Boruto at the conclusion of thier training which would have happened before the event.

Ironically though, Sasuke being alive is crucial to Naruto's re-entry into the plot because of his revival (Rinne Tensei) and dimension jumping techniques of the Rinnegan (Think the Boruto movie all over again, to penetrate the dimension where Naruto is imprisoned).

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I will quote one of my earlier replies.
If Naruto was sent to another dimension, then that means Kawaki gained access to that without the Rinnegan. If that is the case, then Rinnegan is no longer needed for that. Boruto holds "trinkets" from people that are important to him. The title of Ninja (headband) from Naruto, the sword of Sasuke and the Byakuga of what I'd say is either his sister or mother. If that is true, then all those close to him may be dead. Proving that he is a ninja at the core, as a ninja are those that endure until they can move on. Furthermore, if they were all dead then it would open the chance for him becoming a Hokage or a leader next to Sarada (if the seat was shared publicly).

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Naruto was sent to another dimension, then that means Kawaki gained access to that without the Rinnegan. If that is the case, then Rinnegan is no longer needed for that. Boruto holds "trinkets" from people that are important to him. The title of Ninja (headband) from Naruto, the sword of Sasuke and the Byakuga of what I'd say is either his sister or mother. If that is true, then all those close to him may be dead. Proving that he is a ninja at the core, as a ninja are those that endure until they can move on. Furthermore, if they were all dead then it would open the chance for him becoming a Hokage or a leader next to Sarada (if the seat was shared publicly).
Do you actually think Kawaki is the main villain? There is the possibility of a greater villain who has Rinnegan and is manipulating everything from behind the scenes. :th:

Reactions: Conspirator.

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you actually think Kawaki is the main villain? There is the possibility of a greater villain who has Rinnegan and is manipulating everything from behind the scenes. :th:
No, I said that Kawaki had access to something that out-classed the Rinnegan or allowed inter-dimensional travel. "Access" could also refer to being on the same team as someone holding said ability. Also, how would someone gain Rinnegan? Steal it from Sasuke? Because only Sasuke can have it until the moment of his death, at that time Indra will (most likely) move on and then whomever he reincarnate into can gain the Rinnegan. Either way, Sasuke has to either be dead or have lost his Rinnegan for someone else to have it.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I said that Kawaki had access to something that out-classed the Rinnegan or allowed inter-dimensional travel. "Access" could also refer to being on the same team as someone holding said ability. Also, how would someone gain Rinnegan? Steal it from Sasuke? Because only Sasuke can have it until the moment of his death, at that time Indra will (most likely) move on and then whomever he reincarnate into can gain the Rinnegan. Either way, Sasuke has to either be dead or have lost his Rinnegan for someone else to have it.

I can see another method of dimension travelling being introduced.

Then how did Momoshinki have Rinnegan ? There could be many Ootsutsukis out there who have Rinnegan.

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can see another method of dimension travelling being introduced.

Then how did Momoshinki have Rinnegan ? There could be many Ootsutsukis out there who have Rinnegan.
Well, until the manga states otherwise (which it may do) then his Rinnegan seemed to be special and not the same Hagoromo or Sasuke's. Furthermore, it was displayed that this was Momoshiki's means of inter-dimensional travel. (In-fact we still don't know Kinshiki and Momoshiki traveled around.) As for alternate methods of dimensional travel. I'd say that it is something that is strictly a "Jutsu" or something used by Ninja. Already in the Boruto movie, and in the new Boruto manga we've see something alike this.

The tool that allows someone to store jutsu to use it later, allows the user to use jutsu without chakra. So that even non-shinobi can use it. Technology plays a bigger role in Boruto than it did in Naruto. As Naruto implied, he doesn't view the use of technology as the "true shinobi" way. This may be what Kawaki refers to as "The end of age of Shinobi".

Yen466

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually, you don't need the rinnegan in order to hop dimensions. For example, Obito jumped through Kagyua's dimensions without the rinnegan using his space time ninjutsu.
You must be registered for see images

It is completely possible that he has a sharingan since you can activate it and deactivate it, and nothing states otherwise.

Last edited: