What are your top 3 most overrated and underrated characters?

Luminousi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Overated:
✦Obito. While he's inarguably one of the most powerful characters defensively, he really isn't all too powerful offensively. His main trump card is Kamui which seems really OP at first glance, being able to warp someone away just by touching them, but you need to remember that anyone who has even the slightest knowledge on Obito will know to stay away from him and launch ranged attacks on him, or paper bombs or whatever. It's not like Obito is just going to be able to walk right up to people, and his teleportation is pretty slow. Obito mostly relies on stealth and trickery to win his fights really, like what he did against Konan. And whenever he's not using stealth and trickery, he relies on summonings to do the work for him, like the Nine-Tails, the Gedo statue, his edo jinchuuriki etc. And this is the entire reason he formed the Akatsuki in the first place, because he himself wasn't strong enough to collect the tailed beasts. Obito even admitted to the five kage at the summit that he had little power but he did have the power of 7 tailed beasts. So this is Obito pretty much acknowledging that he's really not that great as an individual combatant, instead relying on outside power. And the thing is really Obito's track record isn't that great. How many really powerful characters has he ever defeated 1v1? He nearly died fighting against Konan, and would have too if not for Izanagi. He wasn't even able to take care of Danzo's fodder bodyguards without losing an arm.

✦Gaara. I think he gets a little too much credit because of his sand shield. But the thing is the shield has been bypassed by plenty of characters just by using raw speed alone like Rock Lee, Sasuke, etc. It can also be overpowered with brute force. And as far as his sand attacks are concerned they can also be evaded with speed or brute force. I also think he gets too much credit as a jinchuuriki. I mean yeah he has a tailed beast, but does that put him anywhere near the level of Naruto and Bee? Not even close, even if Gaara had control over his tailed beast, Shukaku is several times weaker than the 8 tails, and especially the 9 tails.

✦Minato. (When he was alive anyway, not edo Minato with the 9 tails.) He's definately not weak by anymeans but alot of people seem to put him on the same level as Pain, Itachi, SM Jiraiya, SM Naruto etc. I just haven't seen anything from him that would put him on that level. He had sage mode but he couldn't even use it really. I'd say he's closer to being on the same level as Orochimaru and Hiruzen. He and Orochimaru even competed over the title of Fourth Hokage.

Underated:

✦Kabuto. First off there's Part I Kabuto. He seems to get a bad rap, but he was stated word for word as being just as strong as Kakashi, and was even able to go toe to toe with Tsunade, the soon-to-be hokage. And before you say it was just her fear of blood, go back and watch the fight. Kabuto was completely holding his own against her, even before her fear kicked in. And when he and Orochimaru (who was weak and couldn't use his arms at the time) were on their way to meet with Tsunade and Shizune, Kabuto asked Orochimaru what they would do if Tsunade betrayed them, Orochimaru said "that's what you're here for". So this goes to show that Orochimaru was completely confident that Kabuto could take Tsunade. Second there's Part II Kabuto, who is also sold a little short. He had Sage Mode, insane healing, OP genjutsu, and a whole arsenal of really impressive jutsu. He was even able to go toe to toe with Itachi and Sasuke both at once. Many seem to believe that Itachi would've stomped him if he were actually trying to kill him rather than trying to undo edo tensei, but I don't think so. I think he'd even beat Itachi really. I'd even honestly say that SM Kabuto could at least do as well against Pain as SM Naruto had.

✦Mei Terumi. Many seem to think she's one of the weaker kage, but I actually think she's one of the strongest. That acid mist is something else.

✦Sasori. He gets a bad rap for "losing" to Sakura. But I really don't think he was at his best during the fight, being really emotionally conflicted and stuff. And there's little doubt he threw the fight at the end. He has third kazekage puppet, Iron Sand, 100 puppets, those water beams and flame throwers etc. You also can't ignore that he killed the Third Kazekage (hailed as the most powerful kazekage ever) when he was still just a kid.

Who's you're top 3 overrated/underrated?

Reactions: BLAZE

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I never understood the point of this kind of thread. Look.

Fanboys will claim that their favorite characters are highly underrated while Haters will say that certain characters are highly overrated.

So let this topic please just die.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Agree with Minato, don't agree with Gaara. I think he is perfect as he is.

Sasori is underrated true, Mei not really. She doesn't get enough playtime to be put there.

-----------

Anyway, I think characters like Deidara, Jiraiya, Kisame, Kakuzu, Sasori and Orochimaru are underrated.

People like Minato, Kakashi, and Itachi are overrated imo

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought you were going to talk about characterization and writing and got excited.

Instead it's just a regular fav circle jerk/bash.

Underrated:

Kakashi

Tsunade

Gaara

All three were written well and have came into their own. Overcame things about them and showed rather than told their story.

Overrated:

Sasuke

Naruto

Itachi

Obito

A tragic backstory isn't an excuse for subar writing and characterization.

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hinata is the single most overrated character in this manga.

Underrated are characters like Choji, Suigetsu, Kabuto, Orochimaru and Might Gai.
Aren't there threads about Sasuke taming black holes and Itachi totska blading the planet?

Hell there's worse threads about Naruto and Sakura doing stupid shit.

You're a 2014 member and you think some shitty female is overrated because she's put on a pedestal?

:lmao:

She's been wanked for like a year.

Itachi Sasuke and Naruto have had day 1 overrating fans. That legit shitting on their hard work.

Amaterasu GG and Prime Hiruzen will always be GOAT of overrated characters.

Last edited:

Megax Rocker7

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aren't there threads about Sasuke taming black holes and Itachi totska blading the planet?

Hell there's worse threads about Naruto and Sakura doing stupid shit.

You're a 2014 member and you think some shitty female is overrated because she's put on a pedestal?

:lmao:

She's been wanked for like a year.

Itachi Sasuke and Naruto have had day 1 overrating fans. That legit shitting on their hard work.

Amaterasu GG and Prime Hiruzen will always be GOAT of overrated characters.
#Triggered

Hinata was once wanked to be stronger than Naruto and Sasuke because "she gained all of Hamura's power" that alone is enough for me to say that.:lol

You negged me but I'mma be the better person and not do the same.:bdpf:

Reactions: salamander uchiha

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#Triggered

Hinata was once wanked to be stronger than Naruto and Sasuke because "she gained all of Hamura's power" that alone is enough for me to say that.:lol

What does being stronger than Naruto and Sasuke compare to the 20 page long fights over Itachi totals blading Madara/the planet or Prime Hiruzen threads.

Those are hall of fame wank threads. Where the hell do you think ___ GG or Prime ___ came from? Hinata wank was a fart in the wind compared to that.

You sound like a 2017 user saying that shit. But I guess 2014 all the quality wank threads went away. So I apologize for the neg.

I guess you 2014 users are too young to know about Itachi and Hiruzen wars :elmo::elmo::elmo:

Last edited:

Megax Rocker7

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What does being stronger than Naruto and Sasuke compare to the 20 page long fights over Itachi totals blading Madara/the planet or Prime Hiruzen threads.

You sound like a 2017 user saying that shit. But I guess 2014 all the quality wank threads went away.
The difference is:

1-The Itachi fanboys were mostly trolls who were just baiting fools into said long ass debates, and I'm guessing you were one of said fools, can't blame you cause I was one of those people who were baited, same for prime hiruzen.

2-Hinata's wankers were dead serious with their BS.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference is:

1-The Itachi fanboys were mostly trolls who were just baiting fools into said long ass debates, and I'm guessing you were one of said fools, can't blame you cause I was one of those people who were baited, same for prime hiruzen.

2-Hinata's wankers were dead serious with their BS.
I already apologized in a pm.

1. "Mostly" smh... fkin casual. My alt waged war on non believing Itachi haters. Been at it since NB started.

2. You're green if you think they believed it. Smh..

Let's drop it.

Hinata is your Hiruzen/Itachi. :lmao:

Sucks to be from that era, brother.

Reactions: Megax Rocker7

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#Triggered

Don't let him bother you he probably faps off to Hinata hentai. He can't take anybody criticising Hinata for some reason even legit criticism or pointing out of character flaws.

His hatred for Itachi's solo is on another level.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't let him bother you he probably faps off to Hinata hentai. He can't take anybody criticising Hinata for some reason even legit criticism or pointing out of character flaws.

His hatred for Itachi's solo is on another level.
I stated multiple times that Hinata was trash.

And hatred for Itachi solo? This is a alt turned main. Back before you even signed up I was on the front lines with Itachi wank.

sayian

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
2012 and no Itachi Hiruzen?

Smh. My alt didn't do enough to leave a mark.
In nds yes but who isnt in that forum. However in versus not really which is where i spend most of my time. Itachi is kinda unique, he can be overrated due to yata but surprisingly most of his value in versus is due to clone feints with his default basic ms techs where he can grab wins that normally ms even ems sasuke would fail at. Especially if it's edo itachi. Minato on the other hand is just the worst. Infact i don't even engage in any of his threads anymore unless he's edo while using kurama. Not dealing with that DRS GG or run away until they're tired GG crap.

Last edited: