Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For those in or have been in college what subjects have you majored in and why. And if you could go back would you switch.

Me business administration emphasis on finance. At first was an accountant for the pay but hated it switched to finance because it's more practical knowledge wise and personally was interested.

Reactions: Michelle

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Something similar, too lazy to search english accurate translation. and switched with PR and i feel like a multifunctional worker.
Going back it's not an option but is never to late to re-switch and learn new things.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sunityo

Kin
21💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am studying computer science atm, at my last year and i've started to apply for job. I am quite happy with it since I have a interest in it and in certain fields of the subject, but if i wanted to change I would do law

Reactions: Sagebee

Fuzzy_Pickles

Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was an English major back in college. I finally graduated last December and what a relief it is to be free of the constant worries of class. Since then, I've been working at my part-time job and picking up writing experience online and in real life. Hopefully some day, that will lead to a career.

For prospective students wondering if they should go to college or not, I would only advise going if you know for certain what you want to do with your life. Don't go because "everyone is doing it!" as college is extremely expensive. Unless you are lucky and have your life together, you will end up with tens of thousands of dollars of student loans that will take years, if not decades to pay off. If you absolutely must go regardless, start with a community college to see if post-secondary education is for you. It will not only give you a couple of years to decide on what you want to do with your life, but it will also slash your student debts by a lot. Also be wise about what university you decide to go to; don't go to the super expensive private school because of the elusive prestige of the college. In fact, just outright don't go unless you absolutely need the university for a specific degree or are certain you can pay it back when the government comes collecting on you.

I have read and heard too many horror stories about students' lives being ruined due to student debt. Bottom line, educate yourself on the cost of college before you have to reap the consequences of it.