salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bored out of my head at the moment. Anyway, so I decided to give my room a thorough spring clean and my goodness, the room had a ton of hidden dust balls. Now that that's done, I can carry on looking for a motorbike.

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nothing, this quarantine sucks. I’ve been trying to enjoy my time home but I had plans to go and do stuff so that went out the window :( . My wife had a job interview and got postponed as well, so yeah. Only thing differently I’m doing is working out at home and running outside

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are you doing differently and are you worried going outside.

Have you hoarded supplies and for what.
No offense to anyone and it's a sad situation but when I have to sit in one room for a long time I start to wonder what kind of genius people encourage "hug a chinese" in Italy and "Defy a virus by gathering in close vicinity of Wuhan returnees in larger number" in New York. It's not like these countries have an excuse of being illiterate ignorants.

( China should have warned rest of the people faster but seriously the actions I mentioned above are all cannot be blamed on China)

We have such a long border with China. Thousands of miles. And yet we got only a handful of patients from China and knew to quarantine them. However the illness spread here through tourists(tourists coming from these countries or Indians having visited there) from Europe and middle east etc. Basically from countries which didn't act timely.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ignorance, the feeling of safety because of the distance and the mistrust of people for the official advices are all humanly mistakes unfortunately.

OT: we are staying home, buy food 2-3 times per week instead 1-5 times daily, if we forget to buy something we don't go back in the store, we bought 2 weeks ago some basic supplies and we wait for the isolation measures to pay off.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No offense to anyone and it's a sad situation but when I have to sit in one room for a long time I start to wonder what kind of genius people encourage "hug a chinese" in Italy and "Defy a virus by gathering in close vicinity of Wuhan returnees in larger number" in New York. It's not like these countries have an excuse of being illiterate ignorants.

( China should have warned rest of the people faster but seriously the actions I mentioned above are all cannot be blamed on China)

We have such a long border with China. Thousands of miles. And yet we got onl a handful of patients from China and knew to quarantine them. However the illness spread here through tourists(tourists coming from these countries or Indans having visited there) from Europe and middle east etc. Basically from countries which didn't act timely.
Well I'm more so reaffirmed my negative views with the dumb things people are doing over hear in the states to defy whars being said about the village like people licking toilets for attention. :cautious:

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

We have such a long border with China. Thousands of miles. And yet we got onl a handful of patients from China and knew to quarantine them. However the illness spread here through tourists(tourists coming from these countries or Indans having visited there) from Europe and middle east etc. Basically from countries which didn't act timely.
Tbh, here because of the lockdown people will die of hunger more than the virus, the hospitals can't provide enough beds or med support, i heard 2 people from dharavi got affected, i don't know if it is wrong or right but if that's the case, with literally no sanitization in a place like dharavi it is going to spread like forest fire, india is doomed probably going to get into the third stage.

• Sad
Reactions: Michelle

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tbh, here because of the lockdown people will die of hunger more than the virus, the hospitals can't provide enough beds or med support, i heard 2 people from dharavi got affected, i don't know if it is wrong or right but if that's the case, with literally no sanitization in a place like dharavi it is going to spread like forest fire, india is doomed probably going to get into the third stage.
Do we have any study and research paper on it to make such proclamations? Or Have you seen the people who are giving speeches about poor have any alternative viable solutions to offer with ideas how to go about it? Don't get me wrong. I have similar concerns but, looking at it practically. It's a serious situation for sure and something that much be dealt with.

Rich countries with a lot more resources and money but a lot less population are facing problems. Even if they have money, there are not enough supplies or facilities and there will never be plenty of it. Because sudden demand of doctors and medicines or equipment, won't magically produce it at global level over night. It takes years to create a doctor and pay him worth the efforts s/he has to put in for this particular education. Even the test kits India developed, will take a few weeks before it's available to use because the production is sanctioned only now. ( I hope they will be effective enough but we will see)

We have highest population density in the world. It will spread like wildfire if we are not careful and world doesn't have enough to help us. Even government has it's limits, so all these complaints lead us to no where.

From what I see to help the poor and needy local communities will have to step up. I have told my maid to stay at her home but I paid her full wages. One of my aunt's families runs a small business. Her son and daughters( both physiotherapists) have volunteered to arrange and distribute food packets for daily wage laborers on streets in their city. They are young and have infant and toddler kids of their own. So when they are out on the streets with bare minimum protection it gives me tensions. I am not sure how long they can carry it out and how many they can help. But every bit counts so I just message them " stay safe".

I read RSS is set to get it's volunteers in motion to help with awareness as well as essential jobs. Some have even taken to cleaning jobs in hospitals to keep up extra workload. Sikh communities have offered their gurudwara and community kitchens. Those who are concerned about poor should contact and help with money, food supplies or with work ( as a cook, or help in pacing and distribution). I read someone suggested to use Railway train compartments as make shift hospital and isolation wards- not sure how practical it is. CRPf has donated in emergency relief fund. It's being treated as a natural disaster which pretty much it is.

If masks are short in supply and good ones are better left for hospital workers. But we can make some with tea towels or old t-shirts at home for ourselves. It's easy to stitch and you can make few extras for family or to give out. It may not be as good as the store ones but they are still effective up to 50-70% depending upon the material. some people are making them with pockets for air filters.. (frankly if nothing else, it would some sense of doing something more useful and help with normal dust pollution and other random issues.)

We should also be more worried about idiots who keep avoiding tests, hiding their travel history and mngling with others despite being potential carriers.