[Discussion] What are the strongest six paths of pain ability?

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have been meaning to make this thread for a while now but I have never really heard anyone discuss this so that's why I'm making it. I was thinking about this today and I talked to my brother about it and he said that it would be an interesting thread so that's why I would love to hear what you guys think about it. I'm just quickly gonna write down their abilities just if you don't know.

The Deva Path
: The Deva Path grants the user the ability to manipulate attractive and repulsive forces with objects and people. These gravity manipulating techniques, however, cannot be performed in rapid succession aka the amount of time required to recharge after use varies depending on the scale of the technique used, five seconds being the basic minimum. The Deva Path also grants another ability: Chibaku Tensei which allows the user to create a huge makeshift terrestrial body from all the surrounding matter that is attracted to a black sphere released by this technique.

The Asura Path: The Asura Path grants the user the ability to augment their own body to summon mechanized armor and various ballistic and mechanical weaponry like rockets, a metal tale, more arms, and various other things.

The Human Path: The Human Path grants a Rinnegan user the ability to read the mind of any target by placing his hand on the target's head or chest and yanking the soul out of the body. Though it provides intel by getting well-guarded secrets, the technique inevitably kills the target.

The Animal Path: The Animal Path grants a Rinnegan user the ability to summon various animals and creatures to aid it in battle. These creatures appear to be immortal, as they were killed and later summoned again. Worthy of note, summoning creatures through the Animal Path requires no blood sacrifice or hand seals. The Animal Path can also summon people using hand signs, such as the case of Nagato's Paths and Konan.

The Petra Path: The Preta Path grants the user the ability to absorb chakra in any form. This ability is primarily defensive in nature as it is capable of absorbing chakra from an individual through physical contact. In addition to this, the Preta Path is able to absorb ninjutsu-based techniques that are pure chakra or chakra based, thereby nullifying their effect. This is done by forming a around the user's entire body, allowing them to absorb attacks from all directions. Although the ability is able to absorb chakra, the user is still vulnerable to the effects of turning into a stone statue from absorbing too much of it.

The Naraka Path: The Naraka Path grants the user two main abilities: interrogation and restoration, by using the King of Hell. The Naraka Path ability makes heavy use of the King of Hell. The King of Hell is a large head that sprouts out of the ground surrounded by purple flames. It also possesses the Rinnegan as well as the shared field of vision along with the other summons. To interrogate, the Naraka Path need only catch hold of a person, causing the King of Hell to appear before them. With the victim seemingly paralyzed, the Naraka Path begins questioning them. After answers are given, the King of Hell will unzip its mouth to release tendril-like arms and would draw out an apparition of the victim's life force energy in the form of an enlarged tongue. The King of Hell would then proceed to pass its judgment. If the person was lying or refused to answer the questions, the King of Hell would remove their tongue and consume it, apparently killing them. However, if they told the truth, they would be spared, although left extremely exhausted.

The second ability the Naraka Path possessed is the ability to repair any damage. To do so the Naraka Path has the King of Hell ingest the damaged body with its tendril-like arms into its mouth, then, after some time, the destroyed body will emerge from its mouth, completely rejuvenated. It did this for example to the Asura Path after it was destroyed by Chōji and Chōza Akimichi. With its restorative abilities, the Naraka Path can easily be regarded as the most valuable body if the Six Paths of Pain are being used through six different bodies.

The Outer Path: The Outer Path is an ability granted to wielders of the Rinnegan, which affords them the power to control life and death. With this power, the user is able to revive the dead, transmit their into black receivers, and manifest chakra chains.

Most of this is taking straight from the wiki because I was too lazy to write it myself and I'm not that good at explaining things. But what are your thoughts? Who are the strongest Path and pls explain why? That's was all folks and thanks for reading. :)

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Asura Path is the strongest. Arms can pretty much be formed spontaneously IN POSITION, so getting near that is like an auto-lose. There's really no bad trade off either, because it also has ranged capabilities. I imagine a user would make a drill if someone tried to trap them into Planetary Devastation.

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Asura Path is the strongest. Arms can pretty much be formed spontaneously IN POSITION, so getting near that is like an auto-lose. There's really no bad trade off either, because it also has ranged capabilities. I imagine a user would make a drill if someone tried to trap them into Planetary Devastation.
Hmmm, interesting. I was not expecting the Asura Path to be the first reply since the others legit gives you the ability to summon giant creatures that fights for you or an ability that allows you to summon the king of hell himself. I personally cant chose between any of them since I like them all so much but I really appreciate you replying.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has to be Animal and at the same can't be

It is because if you know anyone stronger . . .
It can't be because if you don't know anyone . . .

Can't be Preta because Jirobo will throw a boulder on you
Can't be Naraka because it needs to tag and also needs allies to work best
Human suffers just like Preta

That leaves Deva and Asura
Deva is as powerful as the environment around him and can levitate
Asura is as powerful as his chakra and well rounded

Because it is concentrated, Asura is better for weaker individuals. Because it has a wider reach, Deva is better for stronger individuals

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because it is concentrated, Asura is better for weaker individuals. Because it has a wider reach, Deva is better for stronger individuals
I had the opposite conclusion. The stronger you are, the more that 5-second timeout matters. Eventually, those 5 seconds become akin to DBZ time. Probably not relevant enough to matter though when you consider Sasuke's timeout on Ameno and that no one really spams so heavily. Only relevant if you depend on Deva Path as Obito depends on Kamui.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had the opposite conclusion. The stronger you are, the more that 5-second timeout matters. Eventually, those 5 seconds become akin to DBZ time. Probably not relevant enough to matter though when you consider Sasuke's timeout on Ameno and that no one really spams so heavily. Only relevant if you depend on Deva Path as Obito depends on Kamui.
Did 5-second rule also apply to Nagato or only Deva?

I figure it scales out.
Like, a stronger guy will use ST to push you further away, nullifying the speed of higher level characters

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did 5-second rule also apply to Nagato or only Deva?

I figure it scales out.
Like, a stronger guy will use ST to push you further away, nullifying the speed of higher level characters
It should logically scale down or disappear, but I haven't seen anything to imply that it does. Maybe Sasuke being(I think he can) able to use Ameno more frequently is proof? Maybe the fact that Ameno had a timeout despite Sasuke being so powerful during VoTe 2 is proof that it wouldn't scale down much? Maybe it's an experience thing? But Nagato has had decades(?) of experience. Likely a mix of all things mentioned.
I agree with you overall though. A strong char is prolly stronger with Deva Path than with Ashura, because Deva is essentially hax in a stronger person's hands. Shit repelled Amateratsu, thus it can expel force from the body as Rotation does. Practically taijutsu immunity and ranged hax.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It should logically scale down or disappear, but I haven't seen anything to imply that it does. Maybe Sasuke being(I think he can) able to use Ameno more frequently is proof? Maybe the fact that Ameno had a timeout despite Sasuke being so powerful during VoTe 2 is proof that it wouldn't scale down much? Maybe it's an experience thing? But Nagato has had decades(?) of experience. Likely a mix of all things mentioned.
I agree with you overall though. A strong char is prolly stronger with Deva Path than with Ashura, because Deva is essentially hax in a stronger person's hands. Shit repelled Amateratsu, thus it can expel force from the body as Rotation does. Practically taijutsu immunity and ranged hax.
Perhaps its possible that there exists some mechanism about ST that forces a 5 second interval, but until we're told about I'm against it. Reason being any thing that can be scaled has to scale up and down with power levels. So I thnk you're right about the mixture.

Wait . . . Could Asura create bombs?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Perhaps its possible that there exists some mechanism about ST that forces a 5 second interval, but until we're told about I'm against it. Reason being any thing that can be scaled has to scale up and down with power levels. So I thnk you're right about the mixture.

Wait . . . Could Asura create bombs?
Asura path can create remote-controlled detached pieces, and can fire rays. Maybe it can detach a ball of metal that fires a ray upon itself to create a shrapnel explosion like a grenade. I really don't understand the limits of Asura.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Asura path can create remote-controlled detached pieces, and can fire rays. Maybe it can detach a ball of metal that fires a ray upon itself to create a shrapnel explosion like a grenade. I really don't understand the limits of Asura.
They represent heavenly beings and hellish beings, Deva and Asura.

Now with demons generally seeking self-empowerment (hence their grotesque forms) while angels generally have power over external forces, I saw it as Asura being a self-empowerment (armour and weapons) while Deva is about environmental control (gravity . . ). But if Asura can create bombs, then it could have an environmental destruction capability similar to Deva, while Deva can match the self-protection with continuous ST (using the enemy as the anti-gravity centre) that moves the caster away from enemy attacks.

But still, a single ST from Deva scales far higher in damage than a missile from Asura despite the same chakra pool.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They represent heavenly beings and hellish beings, Deva and Asura.

Now with demons generally seeking self-empowerment (hence their grotesque forms) while angels generally have power over external forces, I saw it as Asura being a self-empowerment (armour and weapons) while Deva is about environmental control (gravity . . ). But if Asura can create bombs, then it could have an environmental destruction capability similar to Deva, while Deva can match the self-protection with continuous ST (using the enemy as the anti-gravity centre) that moves the caster away from enemy attacks.

But still, a single ST from Deva scales far higher in damage than a missile from Asura despite the same chakra pool.
Yea. Bombs from Asura path would probably be double-edged too, so there's that.

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
why didnt u mention shinra tensei punch......

• Haha
Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem