What anime movies did you get the most emotional with

Fuzzy_Pickles

Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone who wants an emotional anime has to check out Grave of the Fireflies. It's about two orphans trying to survive a war-torn Japan made by Studio Ghilbi. Rest assured that you will feel emotions, perhaps even cry, by the time the ending credits roll.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wolf Children is a good one and the animation is beautiful. Garden of Words too.
Anyone who wants an emotional anime has to check out Grave of the Fireflies. It's about two orphans trying to survive a war-torn Japan made by Studio Ghilbi. Rest assured that you will feel emotions, perhaps even cry, by the time the ending credits roll.
Studio ghibli also produces good solid emotional flicks

Poison

Veteran
Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well I'm connected with Kimi no Nawa. That's a really special one for me.

About getting emotional,
No one can beat Grave of the fireflies, into this corner of the world, Hotarubi no mori e.

Kin
54💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wolf Children, Your Name, & A Silent Voice.

Wolf Children tugged at my heart strings because it gave me a perspective of how truly difficult the life of a mother is and I felt overwhelmed by the idea of how much I placed upon my mom's shoulders while she was going through many difficult processes.

Your Name was emotional to me because I was very attached to the characters and it was one of the first anime films (aside from Ponyo and Arrietty) that I had seen in theaters. A lot of my friends find the plot confusing so if you aren't used to time travel and jumping I would spare yourself the humility or pain of watching it. However, I highly suggest it otherwise.

A Silent Voice yanked at my past because I was bullied as a young child when I was even younger than the girl pictured in the film. I placed myself directly in her shoes, remembering how painful each word or strike was, and I could not help but cry during her entire story because it felt like I was watching my own life. Except, I didn't have the hot young boy and I was bullied because of my height and not because I was deaf. Overall, I think my enjoyment came from the ending and having been able to relate so deeply. I cannot say how I would have liked it had that emotional connection not been there.

Please do check out all three of these films if you get the chance if nothing other than to bask in the aesthetic artwork that captures these pictures so gorgeously.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your Name, A Silent Voice, and I Want to Eat Your Pancreas. The name of the last one may seem misleading, but it's got a fairly heartfelt meaning behind the title.

Toujo

Regular
Kin
1,313💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was about to say this, then noticed someone else mentioned it. Very much this.
It feels like one those films that typically gets overlooked, but in terms of raw emotion I can't remember seeing another film (anime) like it.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A silent voice, but what made me the saddest was the fact that she kept giving others chances. By the time the movie ended, I hated her almost as much as the girl that bullied her just because of how tolerating she was.