[Discussion] What’s the point of anything if we’re all going to be dead someday?

Draekon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to find a cure to death? xD

but really this is quite a nihilistic view. unless you've lost the will to live entirely (major depression), you can still enjoy life and all it has to offer

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you need a purpose to live life and enjoy the time you have?
I think so in the long term, when you look back at your life in old age and realized you've lived for nothing and achieved nothing, you will feel immense regret. Plus I think everyone experiences existential crisis at least once in their life, so I don't see how you can enjoy life unless you fulfill a sort of purpose. Whatever that purpose maybe is up to you.

@OP To make the best of life despite your facticity. Live for the ones you love, live life with meaning, and pursue anything that means a damn to you.

Reactions: Our Lord Sasuke

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly, that's a good ass question.

But, living too long, would be torment and too much emotional mileage(it has to end at some point). People who wanna live longer than 100 or forever, simply fear death.Why would you wanna live handicapped for such a long time, being treated like baby?

Then you have people who feel super unfulfilled throughout there entire lives, and those are pretty sad pathetic deaths too.

So many bad connotations when it comes to death, making it hard for those who are alive to deal with it.Sure, untimely/tragic/unjust deaths are traumatizing, losing someone you're so use to living with, you go through this "mourning" stage, getting use to the drastic life change of no longer having that person around. Especially when you were attached to that person, makes it even difficult...emotionally.My god.

But I will say this...besides those who suffer tragic deaths or death of old age...you have a lot of people with hypochondria or people with what I call "you're gonna miss me when I'm gone" syndrome...those narcissistic self-centered people who wish death upon themselves, CONCOCT/DEVISE or subconsciously walk towards situations that could lead them into death.If it isn't plain, straight up suicide, it's done with reverse psychology.Having everyone convinced and appearing in the news...grand plan achieved...that sense of self-importancy and victim mentality.You have people out there like that...

obsessed with the idea of being in a casket, at a funeral, being surrounded with attention.Blame death culture...people seem to get the most acknowledgement when they're dead.When you die, you're just gone...

You'd be surprised...

Last edited:

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I realised this when I was 12/13 and got really depressed about it. Now even though I agree that it's pointless/there's nothing to it, my mentality is "I'll enjoy the time that I am here because even though when I die i won't be to remember/feel the good or the bad, I still feel it currently. So it's better to feel happiness currently than pain. "

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To enjoy life itself, to find your own point for yourself.
Between birth and death we grow up, love, desire, learn, travel, work, have fun, laugh, despair, cry, envy, search happiness, etc, in a storm of feelings and thoughts.
Between the mountain's feet and peak it's a long climbing. It's the climbing that matters and it should offer you the point, sooner or later...

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you believe in the afterlife,then it all makes sense
Nope, if you believe in the afterlife then this life here is just something you need to endure, suffer true to get to the life that matters, Life is just a Demo of whats to come after it's over.

Beliving in the afterlife is like treating real life like Goldshire...