Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Western Ocean (A)

The Western Ocean is a titanic body of water that separates the Mainland from Kamiyasumi. It is divided into three sub-landmarks: the Shallows, Icy Floes, and the Outer Reef. Its waters are generally calm as it leads toward the Beachhead and other coastal landmarks along the eastern shore of Kamiyasumi.​

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from #254, Aisu Bay.

After leaving the revelry in the galley, and the improvised meal the crew were still sharing, Emiya returned to his quarters to find them empty thankfully. Most of the crew were enjoying their meal, while the few that were left were maintaining their course, watching for hazards, and other boring jobs. They had either finished their meal, or were soon to be relieved to have their share, providing Emiya a precious moment to steal himself into the captains quarters, curious as to the nature of his company's exact business in the Outer Lands. The captain was quick to stash her seemingly valuable documents after all... That, combined with the nimble class of vessel they ran, and the rather slapdash attire of the crew, he held his tongue but feared they were pirates. He hoped they weren't as corrupt as the blatant red flags were indicating.

Without leaving the privacy of his quarters, Emiya calculated the rough distance to the captain's quarters, and attempted to teleport directly into the room. It was tricky as his target destination was in motion, though not impossible. The worst he could manage was bumping into the furniture upon arrival, but that was the issue, as it would result in immediate detection if anyone was nearby. Bracing himself against any unforeseen issues he might encounter, he vanished in a wave of Prana, appearing within the captain's room, far enough away from the furnishings to not cause issue, though as expected going from being in motion aboard the ship, to stationary within the Throne even for only a moment, to being in motion once again caused him to lose balance, though that was easily rectified. He'd done it. Alone with the captains secrets. Concluding he shouldn't loiter any longer than necessary to confirm his suspicions, he made his way to the back end of the room, and began rummaging around in various drawers and compartments of the desks and units that made up the area behind the captain's desk. Only one was locked, meaning it was the only one of interest. Not wishing to test his skills at lock picking, for he had none to speak of really, Emiya instead opted to send the entire drawer to the Throne with his Prana, causing the entire thing to vanish, documents and all. Retrieving them was a simple matter, but he would first call forth the contents. In a flash of blue Prana, the stack of papers he'd seen previously appeared in his hand, and he began to swiftly flick through them for anything of immediate import. Among the contents were various official documents including the Mistakæ's previous tenure within Blaubaume, the "pink slip" for the ship made out to one "Mistress Takæ", and a number of documents that were at a glance pure gibberish. It's clear they were written in code, and seeing as he didn't have all night to try and crack the cipher, he skipped them. Tightly bound were a series of hand-written letters to the captain, no doubt from her sister back in Veskals. As he'd intruded enough, he left those alone. The only remaining item was a scrunched note that almost read like a shopping list. It was so generic, and commonplace that it couldn't have been put here by mere coincidence. If he were to guess, this seemingly useless scrap of paper could very well hold the cipher to the coded missives, though once again seeing as this act was time sensitive, he wouldn't have time to figure it out. As he was beginning to arrange the papers to a state similar to how he'd found them, a loud click echoed throughout the room.

"You know... If you had asked me I could have saved you all the cloak and dagger."

He'd been found out. As the captain confidently strode across the room, the audacity of her gait intent on displaying a confidence she'd been lacking previously, the captain continued.

"I do hope you're going to fix that. It's a precious family heirloom. Not my own family of course, priceless antiques are so hard to come by when you grew up unsure of where your next meal will come from, but I enjoy them just as much as their original owners. What's the matter dear, has a feline filched your tongue?"

Emiya watched her every action intent on not being caught off-guard, especially given how their first interaction alone turned out. Despite claiming he'd had her beat, she was no slouch. Perhaps not on the level as a Shinobi, but she possessed a strength of her own. Despite having numerous advantages, he wasn't untouchable, and the captain seemed very intent on pushing him. With a wave of his hand, Emiya returned the stack of documents to the Throne, and returned the drawer to it's rightful place. If he hadn't been caught red handed in the act, it would have been the perfect crime.

"Well isn't that a neat trick. I don't suppose you could teach me how to do that?"

"Not a chance."

"Shame. It would be so handy in my line of work."

"Smuggling, right?"

"Well now, how do you figure that? I know you didn't have enough time to crack those documents."

"Educated guess. The shopping list was odd, but specific. First thing that struck me was to think it's a key to a cipher, but it's not, is it? You're transporting whatever flora and fauna you can get your hands on in the Outer Lands, right?"

"So what if we are? Nobody is being hurt, least of all the 'cargo'. In fact most of our clientèle wish to study these new discoveries, if not preserve them. The bookish types get to study new and interesting species, and I get to keep myself and my men in business, and legitimate business at that, funded by a wealthy benefactor who is overseeing all aspects of our operation to ensure there's no foul play. It's quite elegant, wouldn't you agree?"

"I guess. If you don't do it, someone else will, yeah?"

Seeing the tension leave the air, the captain moved closer, placing her rapier on the table as she passed, and leaned against the desk next to Emiya.

"Answer me this; Would it have been easier for you? If we were pirates? Would you have felt better about this if we were all criminals who were preying on every ship trying to make some coin in this little endeavor? Taking advantage of those taking advantage so to speak? What if we were? Would you have felt justified enough to cut us down? Would you have hesitated? Or would you perhaps try to convince us that our actions were wrong, and that we should change our ways? Because I'll save you the breath, we don't have many options open to us."

"I don't know. Maybe. I guess I can get preachy, but I understand desperation.
I just didn't know what to expect, and now I don't know what to do."

"We were once you know. Pirates that is. Previous captain was a bull headed, ignorant, sexist piece of shit.
Ran this ship like a tyrant, worked us to the bone. Grew fat from our hard work, and we saw none of it."

"Is that why you killed him?"

"Kill him? Why what an imaginative world you live in. I wish I had killed him, but no. I was robbed of that honor by the tides. Stubborn bastard decided sailing through that cesspool in the East, the Hokubu, was preferable to subjecting to inspections and authorities at Innovus or the Bastion. We got hit by something big, and his fat ass fell overboard. And don't get me started on his disagreement with Veskals. Spider wanted his head."

"Disagreement? Over what?"

"Whether or not he deserved a cut of the Mist's 'privateering profits'. Despite what you hear, we have a code. Only kill if you have to, and don't take more than you need.Most importantly, you always honor your word, otherwise you're nothing more than a common criminal."

"So what happened after he fell in?"

"If the bastard turned, we never saw hide nor hair of him. We all figured whatever hit us ate like a king, and fucked off more than satisfied. Turned out to be the best thing to happen to us truth be told. While we weren't exactly innocent, none of us really enjoyed piracy. We simply never had a better option. But that all changed, and us with it. The Mist learned from it's greatest mistake."

Unlike their earlier conversation, this time the mysterious femme fatale held little back. It was a more honest moment where, for no apparent reason, she began to talk about what could very well be her most vulnerable moments. From her rise to captain, and the trials the crew of the Mist went through to get to this point, it certainly wasn't what Shirō was expecting when he was found rummaging through the captain's quarters. The pair continued to speak until the Outer Lands were within sight. The hat stayed on the entire time.

Leaving Landmark. Heading to #264, the Beachhead.

Python

Elite
Kin
2,287💸
Kumi
2,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from 94

This start of a normal mission
with the following storyboard elements: (Custom) Scout the surrounding area (C rank)

Angel was on his passage to the outer lands while his geographical knowledge was narrow and only pretty much explored various surrounding land close to his home he didn't know what to expect when he arrived. he knew he would need to do some recon of the area to get a layout of the land, The ship would near the landmass and would eventually dock at the beachhead. Angel would thank the sailors for sharing the stories so the trip wasnt as boring as it could of been. Giving them the nod to indicate he was parting ways Angels golden locks would flourish in the wind as he began to sprint around the ground to head across the land.

As his begins he swift depart he notice the beach was very barren wasnt much but there was other locations that the waterbed seemed to split off too After running for a long peroid and basically still on the large land mass Angel felt like this way would take awhile, "Hmph this will allow me to scout for resources for the base that ive been hired to build.." Angel would gather his earth charka and release it into the ground below him. this would cause the ground for 20 meters all around him to swiftly raise up this would give him a bird eye view of the surrounding's. Angel would begin to think on about the person who hired his services it was weird being approached from the badlands by the mysterious merchant who wanted a home base set up for a community though with the wandering bandits and rogue ninja this could prove difficult at the best of times. His focus would shift back onto his task at hand which would begin surveying the area for resources beside the big bed of water there wasnt much in the way of resources naturally but he would notice the expansive land that would be far away from inwards of the outer lands.

(Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: Moving Earth Core
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

Angel would activate his MPM mode and an array of feathers would emerge behind like a majestic display he would then manipulate these into wings which would allow him flight and to keep his bird eye view while he moved inwards on the landmass marking all noteworthy locations on the beachhead incase he has to retreat back to the areas later down the line.

( Kujaku Myōhō ) - Mysterious Peacock Method
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20 - 30 ( -5 per turn )
Damage: N/A ( -10 per turn )
Description: The user will make the Bird hand seal and spill their Star Chakra behind them. The technique itself manifests in the form of a feather-shaped array behind them and spreads out a peacock's tail feathers, giving it it's name. This array of chakra allows various applications with their chakra through shape manipulation. As long as the technique is active the user can make full use of the star chakra. However, the longer the technique is active, the more detrimental it is to the user's health. The user's body takes increasing damage for keeping the technique active and for using its techniques. Prolonged use of the technique is incredibly difficult, with low ranking users only being able to sustain this technique for 6 turns at a time. The user is capable of deactivating and re-activating the technique at will. However, after two usages of the technique, the user will be unable to use the technique for the rest of the match.
Note: Genin and Chunin ranked members can only use for 6 turns at a time. Jounins can use for up to 8 turns at a time.
Note: Can only be activated if the user has more than 100 health but lasts as long as the user has health.

( Kujaku Myōhō: Yoku ) - Mysterious Peacock Method: Wings
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 15 ( -5 per turn )
Damage: N/A
Description: With their Mysterious Peacock Method activated, the user will transform the array of feathers into a pair of large wings making them capable of flight. The chakra can support the user enough to allow them to move at their speed while in the air. Should they be carrying another body or object of similar weight, their flight speed will decrease by 1/4.

As he was gliding he noticed a narrow passage near a section mid way in the land it looked like it lead to somewhere into the earth an underneath passage something of a hidden sanctuary or catacombs deep down he would mark down the location for further investigation after he has found a suitable place to set up this expitionary mission he had been sent on. Angel would glide at full pace further into the depths.

-Mission end-
LLM

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Coming from: https://animebase.me/threads/aisu-bay-254.757187/post-22104126

As the trio continued to travel, Mirabelle turned back to realize that the mainland was far behind them. “I never imagined…there’s a whole other continent this far out…” she mused for a moment, realizing how little she actually knew about the world around them. Never the less, the trio continued to fly, with the goal of touching down on land coming soon.

LLM

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

Musashi's vessel ventured into uncharted waters, far to the west of the main continent - and even more for Tobusekai. She could see a landmass in the distance, and anticipation filled her breast, and several of the others on the boat seemed of the same disposition.

A grand adventure awaited Musashi, and she could not wait to see it.

Leaving Landmark for The Beachhead (264).