We all know about Toriko greatness, but...

sandman20

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What is a negative for you? A weakness in the series basically. For me it has to be the main character, Toriko himself. Now my thing with him is, he's probably the most boring character in the series and it's really nothing interesting about him to me IMO, he's the perfect Goku clone really, loves to eat and is super strong and has no mercy on those who attack his friends and loves fighting, that's all we really get from this dude. I'm caught up with the series and that's all I really have a problem with. Does this series has any other weaknesses you wanna point out? :hmm:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He reminds me more of kenshiro than Goku. I don't find Toriko boring at all though.

My problem with the series is the lack of character development with the other heavenly kings. Like, we got no backstory on them at all or any development on them character wise. I am glad that Mitsutoshi is giving development with the human world chefs with the recent arc. Hopefully with the upcoming arcs that focus on the heavenly kings individually, we can get some sort of character development or backstory. (specifically with Zebra and Coco)

Reactions: V h o

sandman20

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He reminds me more of kenshiro than Goku. I don't find Toriko boring at all though.

My problem with the series is the lack of character development with the other heavenly kings. Like, we got no backstory on them at all or any development on them character wise. I am glad that Mitsutoshi is giving development with the human world chefs with the recent arc. Hopefully with the upcoming arcs that focus on the heavenly kings individually, we can get some sort of character development or backstory. (specifically with Zebra and Coco)
I agree, the lack of character development is a issue, but that is something Mitsutoshi still has enough time to cover, hope we get it though.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldn't say Toriko is a Goku clone, he's far more intelligent and mature. If he was really in love with fighting, he would of attacked Midora easily for killing Ichiryu. What I like about Toriko is how respectful he is and always gives respect to everything, even his opponents. Toriko doesn't aspire to become the ultimate fighter in his verse, he just wants to build a full course menu to share with the entire world.

You must be registered for see images

Nope. Luffy is a loser just like Goku, Gon and Naruto.
How is Luffy, Goku, Naruto and Gon a loser?

Last edited:

Fireplay

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like Toriko. Precisely because he doesn't show any mercy and is brutal. Imo he's a mix of Goku and Kenshiro but not in a bad way.

The only thing i don't like in Toriko is...well, i guess i love it.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I like Toriko. Precisely because he doesn't show any mercy and is brutal. Imo he's a mix of Goku and Kenshiro but not in a bad way.

The only thing i don't like in Toriko is...well, i guess i love it.
I'm guessing you're referring to this? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You must be registered for see images