[Suggestion] Way´s to help AB :)

Ninjaibis

Kin
256💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good evening well it is for me, I´m Ninjaibis as some of you know and some of you don´t know me but it´s very nice to meet you. I do have a couple suggestions I am doing for AB. The forum is great already again shout out to the admins and all the Vet´s out there who made this forum possible! But I am listing my suggestions all on here because I do not want to spam post all my suggestions:). Again these are just thoughts, implementation of my thoughts would be wonderful if the community see´s fit.

Sincerely Ninjaibis:th-tha-asuma:

Suggestion 1:
Positive rep + and Negative rep -
So I have noticed that AB has the like button for people who like what another person is sharing. That´s wonderful I like that like button alot. It´s a way to express yourself in the fact that you like the content of the post the user displays. But I feel like their should be a reputation button that premium user´s should be able to give out to those who show devotion to the forum and just display a positive attitude. Or those who do not display a positive attitude and who are spammer´s,trolls or bullies and they have not been dealt with or banned yet. ( I apologize if ya´ll already have this enforced and I´m just seriously trippin. Like I said I´m new so ya!

Suggestion 2:
AB needs a Milestone/ Achievement thread where user´s can express an achievement that means a lot to them. Like if they got upgraded to premium or they reached x amount of likes. Or if someone wants to shout out someone else for them being a great user in the community. Something of that nature would be really cool . The main reason of this forum is to gain respect, show your achievement and congratulate your fellow member. Spamming or making a crap thread about how your achievement was pooping for the day is considered inappropriate and senseless to the forum. If this where to be implemented maybe @Rei can add something to the rules.

Suggestion 3:
I notice in the there is not a huge variety when it comes to talking about different types of Anime´s and manga´s. Sure you have Attack on Titan or DBZ or some off the other´s but I feel like AB just needs a designated forum for all the manga and Anime fans who want to talk about something more than just the few titles you ave listed. Like if a user wanted to talk about Shirobako where would they go? Not the chatbox because that´s for off topic discussion.

Note: Again just suggestions I am a new member started today in-fact. Please if you have any questions or want to talk about how we can make AB better as a whole community don´t be afraid to ask.:hint::hooray:
Post automatically merged:

Good evening well it is for me, I´m Ninjaibis as some of you know and some of you don´t know me but it´s very nice to meet you. I do have a couple suggestions I am going for AB. The forum is great already again shout out to the admins and all the Vet´s out there who made this forum possible! But I am listing my suggestions all on here because I do not want to spam post all my suggestions:). Again these are just thoughts implementation of my thoughts would be wonderful if the community see´s fit.

Suggestion 1:
So I have noticed that AB has the like button for people who like what another person is sharing. That´s wonderful I like that like button alot. It´s a way to express yourself in the fact that you like the content of the post the user displays. But I feel like their should be a reputation button that premium user´s should be able to give out to those who show devotion to the forum and just display a positive attitude. Or those who do not display a positive attitude and who are spammer´s,trolls or bullies and they have not been dealt with or banned yet. ( I apologize if ya´ll already have this enforced and I´m just seriously trippin. Like I said I´m new so ya!

Suggestion 2:
AB needs a Milestone/ Achievement thread where user´s can express an achievement that means a lot to them. Like if they got upgraded to premium or they reached x amount of likes. Or if someone wants to shout out someone else for them being a great user in the community. Something of that nature would be really cool . The main reason of this forum is to gain respect, show your achievement and congratulate your fellow member. Spamming or making a crap thread about how your achievement was pooping for the day is considered inappropriate and senseless to the forum. If this where to be implemented maybe @Rei can add something to the rules.

Suggestion 3:
I notice in the there is not a huge variety when it comes to talking about different types of Anime´s and manga´s. Sure you have Attack on Titan or DBZ or some off the other´s but I feel like AB just needs a designated forum for all the manga and Anime fans who want to talk about something more than just the few titles you ave listed. Like if a user wanted to talk about Shirobako where would they go? Not the chatbox because that´s for off topic discussion.

I know there is an Anime and Manga discussion thread but what I am trying to say is maybe broaden the thread out more. Gosh I feel idiotic with my third Suggestion but O well!:onion-msn-smileys-21:

Note: Again just suggestions I am a new member started today in-fact. Please if you have any questions or want to talk about how we can make AB better as a whole community don´t be afraid to ask.:hint::hooray:

One last thing the Shop that you can use your Kin to get stuff from is looking pretty dry. Maybe have monthly awards user´s can buy on like special occasions. Like easter is comming up to maybe one like a limited time only award shaped like an Easter-Bunny for like x amount of Kin or Kumi. It would make AB for interesting!

Ok no more suggestions I´m leaving....... :)

Last edited:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good evening well it is for me, I´m Ninjaibis as some of you know and some of you don´t know me but it´s very nice to meet you. I do have a couple suggestions I am doing for AB. The forum is great already again shout out to the admins and all the Vet´s out there who made this forum possible! But I am listing my suggestions all on here because I do not want to spam post all my suggestions:). Again these are just thoughts, implementation of my thoughts would be wonderful if the community see´s fit.

Suggestion 1:

Suggestion 2:

Suggestion 3:

Suggestion 1:-

I think an expansion of the rating system is enough. The addition of Sad, Angry, Happy, Artistic, etc would increase the number of interactions among users. Negative ratings are an issue though as a prior implementation of the Dislike rating on NB caused fights among users and was used to silence opposing opinions. Hence I think there should be either no negative ratings or weak negative ratings which need to be properly regulated.

If there is a rating system, then a reputation system is useless as they both are near about the same thing. The difference between both is that Rep is more prone to abuse than ratings and hence ratings is a superior option. For example, in the last stages of NB; Users with high rep will only rep other high rep users, making them go even higher in the rep system. On the other hand, one neg rep from these high rep users can send a newbie members's rep to the negatives. Newbie users can be discriminated very easily by high rep users and they would be forced to support the opinions of these high users to keep on getting rep. This does not happen with ratings as one negative rating does not mean you are a bad user. The swing that rep brings in to user interactions is greater than a rating. In summary,

Rep- High Reward, High Penalty, High negative impact on user interactions.
Ratings- Low Reward, Low Penalty, Low negative impact on user interactions.

Hence ratings are superior because it has a less negative impact on user interaction.

Suggestion -2:-

The Trophy system should be expanded for the achievements. Maybe more post ranks can be added to increase the achievements. Member of the Month can be a contest which should will be held monthly to recognise good members with an award.

Suggestions - 3:-

This can be done by having sections on different formats rather than just throwing them all in one section called the mac base. Like there can be individual sections on:-

Manga
Manhua
Manhwa
Webtoon
Anime
Light Novel
Comics
Visual Novel

and more.

Where each series under a category will have one or multiple threads dedicated to it.

This has been done on another forum on a smaller scale by creating multiple thread prefixes with different colours. Each prefix denoted a particular series format and it was applied to a series thread which followed that format. This was all done in their series discussion section.

I think the latter is a better option and could be implemented in the MAC Base. Depending on activity levels of the series format, a forum section can be made on that format. Even further, high activity levels concentrated in one series thread will lead to the establishment of a series section.

There can also be a Series of the Month contest, where different mangas which do not have a dedicated section compete against each other. The winning series gets a dedicated section either temporarily or permanently.

Reactions: Rei and Hei

AlphaTheCat

Kin
289💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know it's a small thing, but when I was in college I was the VP of it's Japan Club and we had a magazine each month. In the magazine, certain people were assigned to release articles depending on their category. Whether it be games, anime and manga, or japanese culture. Maybe we can have something like that published here? We don't need physical copies because that would require funds but if it's a digital copy it wouldn't be that much of a problem. Just an idea to increase activity and make us look more legit!

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know it's a small thing, but when I was in college I was the VP of it's Japan Club and we had a magazine each month. In the magazine, certain people were assigned to release articles depending on their category. Whether it be games, anime and manga, or japanese culture. Maybe we can have something like that published here? We don't need physical copies because that would require funds but if it's a digital copy it wouldn't be that much of a problem. Just an idea to increase activity and make us look more legit!
There used to be a NB magazine but it stopped for some reason. This is a good idea!

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I think an expansion of the rating system is enough. The addition of Sad, Angry, Happy, Artistic, etc would increase the number of interactions among users. Negative ratings are an issue though as a prior implementation of the Dislike rating on NB caused fights among users and was used to silence opposing opinions. Hence I think there should be either no negative ratings or weak negative ratings which need to be properly regulated.

If there is a rating system, then a reputation system is useless as they both are near about the same thing. The difference between both is that Rep is more prone to abuse than ratings and hence ratings is a superior option. For example, in the last stages of NB; Users with high rep will only rep other high rep users, making them go even higher in the rep system. On the other hand, one neg rep from these high rep users can send a newbie members's rep to the negatives. Newbie users can be discriminated very easily by high rep users and they would be forced to support the opinions of these high users to keep on getting rep. This does not happen with ratings as one negative rating does not mean you are a bad user. The swing that rep brings in to user interactions is greater than a rating. In summary,

Hence ratings are superior because it has a less negative impact on user interaction.

The Trophy system should be expanded for the achievements. Maybe more post ranks can be added to increase the achievements. Member of the Month can be a contest which should will be held monthly to recognise good members with an award.

This can be done by having sections on different formats rather than just throwing them all in one section called the mac base. Like there can be individual sections on:-

Manga
Manhua
Manhwa
Webtoon
Anime
Light Novel
Comics
Visual Novel

and more.

Where each series under a category will have one or multiple threads dedicated to it.

This has been done on another forum on a smaller scale by creating multiple thread prefixes with different colours. Each prefix denoted a particular series format and it was applied to a series thread which followed that format. This was all done in their series discussion section.

I think the latter is a better option and could be implemented in the MAC Base. Depending on activity levels of the series format, a forum section can be made on that format. Even further, high activity levels concentrated in one series thread will lead to the establishment of a series section.

There can also be a Series of the Month contest, where different mangas which do not have a dedicated section compete against each other. The winning series gets a dedicated section either temporarily or permanently.
This is a wonderful design. The web ui looks pretty nice with the tags as well.

Reactions: Ninjaibis and Rohan

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Suggestion 3 = https://animebase.me/threads/anime-manga-chatroom.768058/#post-21925672

Honestly, the best way to help AB is to just post. If there is activity there will be interesting subjects to talk about and there will be people who want to join. It does not matter how good of a system of you have, awards, trophies, reputation posts, contests or whatever, it all comes down to activity.

Ninjaibis

Kin
256💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Manga
Manhua
Manhwa
Webtoon
Anime
Light Novel
Comics
Visual Novel

and more.

Much agreed Rohan! That´s what I was trying to say but in so many words.

This is a wonderful design. The web ui looks pretty nice with the tags as well.
Thank you My lady means alot:LOL:(y)

Suggestion 3 = https://animebase.me/threads/anime-manga-chatroom.768058/#post-21925672

Honestly, the best way to help AB is to just post. If there is activity there will be interesting subjects to talk about and there will be people who want to join. It does not matter how good of a system of you have, awards, trophies, reputation posts, contests or whatever, it all comes down to activity.
I agree with you Azu but it´s nice to be presentable to the public eye. When you go to work, you don´t where your PJ´s and some slipper´s. No you dress up with suite and Tie. If you have like an office Job. Anyway´s what I am trying to get at these are just idea´s.

Sorta like a weekly comic in a way?

Reactions: Rohan

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Much agreed Rohan! That´s what I was trying to say but in so many words.

Thank you My lady means alot:LOL:(y)

I agree with you Azu but it´s nice to be presentable to the public eye. When you go to work, you don´t where your PJ´s and some slipper´s. No you dress up with suite and Tie. If you have like an office Job. Anyway´s what I am trying to get at these are just idea´s.

Sorta like a weekly comic in a way?
Something like this: https://animebase.me/threads/the-narutobase-magazine.613316/.

Jin

Supreme
Kin
2,211💸
Kumi
568💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want to do it again with a new team?

I already know answer but...
Sure, why not ?
Hopefully it's the answer you expected

It was a great idea. I enjoyed reading it.

We could maybe implement this again. Would you be interested in working on it again?
Glad you liked it.
Yeah, sure, sounds good.