Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We know that when Obito saw Rin die, the mist called themselves the village of the bloody mist or whatever.

So the exams where students were pittet against each other was done during Yagura's time and not Obito's.

I assume Zabuza thought Yagura and not Obito also, but does this mean that little kid created that system that was probably worse than the chuunin exams? He looked so innocent.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is likely just a plot hole or a inconsistency as a result of Kishimoto altering his ideas for the village some point. We know that Madara had his filthy hands in the Hidden Mist before he recruited Obito. This is likely a remnant of a previous story idea that was scrapped and as a result it doesn't really make much sense. Though one thing that does fit into the current timeline, yet was never outright stated is that Madara was in total control over the Hidden Mist and Obito effectively took that over when Madara died.

Reactions: Chikombo

Char Aznable

Elite
Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a real shame Kishi dedicated so much time to developing the Uchiha and left other people in the NV without.

Remember, Zabuza and Kakashi were the same age. So the Mist academy students killing one another something established before either of them were born. Also, remember that the Mist village hates people with KKG. Yagura oversaw the eradication of the Yuki clan (Haku with Ice release) and Kaguya (Kimimaro - Shikotsumyaku). Kaguya clan pulled an Uchiha clan coup and died for it. The Yuki Clan was wiped out just because. Suigetsu was also one of the last members of the Hozuki clan. A clan that had produced the second Mizukage. Even during the war, random Mist ninjas react to KKG shinobi as cursed. Meaning worthy of extermination.

Mei had said during the Gokage summit she was working hard to change her village's reputation. How much you can attribute to the Madara or Obito's influence is debatable. Considering the ninja the village produced, it seems like a raw and frightening place to be from.

Reactions: Infant and Chikombo

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a real shame Kishi dedicated so much time to developing the Uchiha and left other people in the NV without.

Remember, Zabuza and Kakashi were the same age. So the Mist academy students killing one another something established before either of them were born. Also, remember that the Mist village hates people with KKG. Yagura oversaw the eradication of the Yuki clan (Haku with Ice release) and Kaguya (Kimimaro - Shikotsumyaku). Kaguya clan pulled an Uchiha clan coup and died for it. The Yuki Clan was wiped out just because. Suigetsu was also one of the last members of the Hozuki clan. A clan that had produced the second Mizukage. Even during the war, random Mist ninjas react to KKG shinobi as cursed. Meaning worthy of extermination.

Mei had said during the Gokage summit she was working hard to change her village's reputation. How much you can attribute to the Madara or Obito's influence is debatable. Considering the ninja the village produced, it seems like a raw and frightening place to be from.
He did not for a reason and that reason is it was not necessary

They were corrupt not evil @Demon

Reactions: Chikombo

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Considering the ninja the village produced, it seems like a raw and frightening place to be from.
Well the thing is, by the time Rin dies and Obito turns we know that Madara is in control of at least some portion of the Hidden Mist. We don't know how many he controls or if its just a single squad. We don't know if the history of the "Bloody Mist" goes back all the way back to when the village was formed or not. Though I'd say its safe to assume that it started at some point following the death of Gengetsu, the Second Mizukage. Reasoning for this is mainly that Gengetsu was a member of a clan known for using rather exotic techniques that while they've never been referred to as Kekkai Genkai, but rather "unique" to them it speaks somewhat volumes.

Another reason is Gengetsu's early death and personality by itself as we saw during the Fourth Great Ninja War. While a man of pride, he wasn't above praising other people and helping them grow as people and in fighting ability. He truly was what a Kage should strive to be in almost every regard and I find it hard to believe that such a person would inn act a system where people slaughtered their friends on command. His early death might also explained why and how the village changed so quickly as he didn't have much of an effect on the village that we know of, much like Minato.

Another thing about Gengetsu's personality that makes me seriously doubt he ruled during the time it was called the "Bloody Mist" is how he talks to Mu. He clearly doesn't get along with Mu on a personal level or a professional level and what we see of Mu is a man who is willing to stoop to just about any low to protect his village and people, refusing to work with other people over the risk that might betray him at some point. That is the exact thinking the Bloody Mist incorporates and Gengetsu seems extremely opposed to it.

Kisameeeeee

Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the thing is, by the time Rin dies and Obito turns we know that Madara is in control of at least some portion of the Hidden Mist. We don't know how many he controls or if its just a single squad. We don't know if the history of the "Bloody Mist" goes back all the way back to when the village was formed or not. Though I'd say its safe to assume that it started at some point following the death of Gengetsu, the Second Mizukage. Reasoning for this is mainly that Gengetsu was a member of a clan known for using rather exotic techniques that while they've never been referred to as Kekkai Genkai, but rather "unique" to them it speaks somewhat volumes.

Another reason is Gengetsu's early death and personality by itself as we saw during the Fourth Great Ninja War. While a man of pride, he wasn't above praising other people and helping them grow as people and in fighting ability. He truly was what a Kage should strive to be in almost every regard and I find it hard to believe that such a person would inn act a system where people slaughtered their friends on command. His early death might also explained why and how the village changed so quickly as he didn't have much of an effect on the village that we know of, much like Minato.

Another thing about Gengetsu's personality that makes me seriously doubt he ruled during the time it was called the "Bloody Mist" is how he talks to Mu. He clearly doesn't get along with Mu on a personal level or a professional level and what we see of Mu is a man who is willing to stoop to just about any low to protect his village and people, refusing to work with other people over the risk that might betray him at some point. That is the exact thinking the Bloody Mist incorporates and Gengetsu seems extremely opposed to it.
Yeah, oddly enough, it might be the Third Mizukage who began the Blood Mist and sadly we don't know much about him. Not even his name. Although, at least in my opinion, He does look pretty shady and I doubt Madara controlled him because no one really even mentioned the third, probably because Obito made Yagura much more brutal. And because it'd be pretty stupid to just have a pawn in the mist die and take over the next Mizukage.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, oddly enough, it might be the Third Mizukage who began the Blood Mist and sadly we don't know much about him. Not even his name. Although, at least in my opinion, He does look pretty shady and I doubt Madara controlled him because no one really even mentioned the third, probably because Obito made Yagura much more brutal. And because it'd be pretty stupid to just have a pawn in the mist die and take over the next Mizukage.
madara was one who planned and made bloody era began in mist village even befor yagura reign...

madara wearing tobi mask later contolled mizukage yagura and met kisame too..