Was making a new Naruto series about the next gen immediately a good move?

solo king

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like what if instead of making boruto or a series that immediatly spot lights the millennials,instead they kept focusing on Naruto's gen.

They could give closure to his class then slowly work boruto into the series

I think the main reason people hate on B:NNG is because it sidelines the characters they've been invested in for years while throwing new ones in we haven't gotten a chance to know

Also the first line of boruto saying it's his story and not Naruto's probably makes a lot of us mad, whether we admit it or not ?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes and No. Yes to milk it and no because they used the wrong character. The best thing was to have a proper layout, have a different MC and depower Naruto and Sasuke somehow. Other than that they could've done an adventures of Sasuke series that would've been pretty cool or do back stories for major Naruro characters Danzo, Young Sannin, Madara, Hashirama anf other characters etc.

Pappasaur

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t think it was a good idea, no. There was still a lot leftover in naruto and a bunch of side characters that still needed development. I think there should’ve been a series that focused on narutos development into the hokage from a powerhouse knuckle head teen, sasukes journey for redemption, Sakuras advancement into her career, how shikamaru and ino picked up the pieces and filled in for their late fathers, etc etc all in the era of “The Last”. Boruto should have been postponed until after those arcs and we could soundly lay the old gen to rest, or maybe even set boruto farther ahead to where the old gen wasn’t even in the picture anymore. Like the legend of korra did for avatar

solo king

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes and No. Yes to milk it and no because they used the wrong character. The best thing was to have a proper layout, have a different MC and depower Naruto and Sasuke somehow. Other than that they could've done an adventures of Sasuke series that would've been pretty cool or do back stories for major Naruro characters Danzo, Young Sannin, Madara, Hashirama anf other characters etc.
I totally agree.an anthology series would have been much better than what we got.

Is the anime ever going to be relevant? It's not that I don't like the background it's giving the characters it's just there's no real plot or anything

The manga story wise is fine but the drawing is crap and waiting a month + for a new chapter makes it difficult to stay invested.

MomoSaka

Elite
Kin
106💸
Kumi
573💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly, when I saw Oro standing over the building watching over team 7 at the end of the movie, I got pretty hyped and thought that kishi was foreshadowing that Oro would be IMPORTANT if a Boruto series ever happens....but little did I know...T_T

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I totally agree.an anthology series would have been much better than what we got.

Is the anime ever going to be relevant? It's not that I don't like the background it's giving the characters it's just there's no real plot or anything
I think the anime will give some development to other characters for future use. The manga's doing a terrible Job it's all about Borat and he's pulling shit out of his ass left, right and center. With the anime I think they will try and explain away some power ups others may demonstrate in the future. It can't really have a direction with how the manga's going anyway so they're filling.

As for an anthology it would definitely be a hit they could've done a season per character. If they were to do 10 characters that could potentially be 20-30 episodes per character or a group of characters.

The manga story wise is fine but the drawing is crap and waiting a month + for a new chapter makes it difficult to stay invested.
I don't know what you're seeing as OK with the manga story but it's nonsense und it's all over the place. Most of what's happening is random and inconsistent even character behaviours are random.

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly, when I saw Oro standing over the building watching over team 7 at the end of the movie, I got pretty hyped and thought that kishi was foreshadowing that Oro would be IMPORTANT if a Boruto series ever happens....but little did I know...T_T
are u dumb? oro appeared quite alot in boruto anime. in sarada arc. in mitsuki gaiden in grad arc in chunin exams arc and in chocho arc.

solo king

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the anime will give some development to other characters for future use. The manga's doing a terrible Job it's all about Borat and he's pulling shit out of his ass left, right and center. With the anime I think they will try and explain away some power ups others may demonstrate in the future. It can't really have a direction with how the manga's going anyway so they're filling.

As for an anthology it would definitely be a hit they could've done a season per character. If they were to do 10 characters that could potentially be 20-30 episodes per character or a group of characters.

I don't know what you're seeing as OK with the manga story but it's nonsense und it's all over the place. Most of what's happening is random and inconsistent even character behaviours are random.
What do you mean by that last sentence I might have missed something

Also 123fire are you 12 or something fr

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you mean by that last sentence I might have missed something
The shit show that takes place each chapter and things that're pulled from the rear end. Behaviour of KK etc I've addressed it in the chapter threads. Go over th posts and you'll see what I'm getting at. Even Borat magically figuring out how to use the seal, and being unaffected by it etc.

Also 123fire are you 12 or something fr
He comes across that way:lol

Last edited:

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea it a good move since they just rushed the last 25 chapters of naruto... like the end of the war into the kaguya fight to vote2 was so rushed i dont even know how they can develop the other ninjas(like the kages) to even compete with these gods... the story would have just been just naruto and sasuke vs aliens after that... so instead they introduced a whole new cast in order to milk whatever they can.

If they wanted to stick with naruto they wouldve done the war arc better , i mean it was a great opportunity to introduce ninjas from other villiages but instead everyone(rubber guy) and kages was fodder to madara.

They couldve went the dbz route but instead they just forced us a unwanted series to lure in a new generation of kids... bourto is for kids... naruto was og...

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absolutely not, Naruto’s generation had a lot more story to tell. The war aftermath, as well as everyone growing still. Should of been a arc of Sasuke’s travels, Toneri should of been a arc, k11 could of made like 2 or 3 different arcs.

& also Naruto should of ended with Naruto becoming Hokage.

davidou

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes it was a good move.
The bad moves are:
1/Let Kishi go away
2/Let Ike draw
3/Monthly releases
4/Make a manga remake of the movie, although the manga was already slow, boring, with no new enigma.

I was a hardcore Naruto fan and I dropped the manga although I was hyped as hell.