Was Itachi killed by his own Susanoo?

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It just occurred to me that Itachi's health seemed totally fine at first (aside from near blindness). That didn't change until he started using Susanoo. Only then he started coughing blood and his health deteriorated until he died.

You must be registered to see images

You must be registered for see images

And connected it with the fact that Sasuke was also continuously coughing blood and suffering internal damage while Susanoo was activated.

Despite not suffering from any illnesses. So, the idea that there was no illness, but the side-effects of Susanoo, which non-Susanoo users don't know about. Itachi's body just couldn't adapt to the toll of using it, and that's what led to his death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel90 and Troi

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,467💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it’s more of a general reason. I think he already had health issues and the susano, consuming chakra which is your life force, of course, just further made whatever sickness he was dealing with worse. Same instance with Kimimaro. He didn’t show any real signs of passing away until he was consuming a mass amount of chakra he otherwise would have been fine using. If your body is sick and you’re exerting what little life force you have left, you can expect your body to stunt recovery until you end up like they did. I don’t think it was directly related to the susano however it is a nice catch.

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it’s more of a general reason. I think he already had health issues and the susano, consuming chakra which is your life force, of course, just further made whatever sickness he was dealing with worse. Same instance with Kimimaro. He didn’t show any real signs of passing away until he was consuming a mass amount of chakra he otherwise would have been fine using. If your body is sick and you’re exerting what little life force you have left, you can expect your body to stunt recovery until you end up like they did. I don’t think it was directly related to the susano however it is a nice catch.
It's possible. But I meant it as something like this:

That there were no illnesses, Susanoo was too much for his body and he couldn't adapt to it and was going to die whenever he started relying on it at any point, just like with Orochimaru and Jigen where their hosts were decaying because they were too much for their bodies, and that non-Susanoo users, including Black Zetsu and Obito, didn't know about that and are unreliable narrators, and making their assumptions just like with the Mizukage in that scan.

Last edited:
Kin
49💸
Kumi
28💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean according to your brilliant research that I have intelligently decided to look into to better understand my broad knowledge. I would actually note that this thread does give high key information and points on how Susanoo affects the user. Although this is likely a contribute some people will factor in on his sickness. However how did Itachi get sick?

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean according to your brilliant research that I have intelligently decided to look into to better understand my broad knowledge. I would actually note that this thread does give high key information and points on how Susanoo affects the user. Although this is likely a contribute some people will factor in on his sickness. However how did Itachi get sick?
My point is that Obito is an unreliable narrator and has never used Susanoo and doesn't know how it works. There was no sickness, the side-effects of Susanoo is what got him.
To prove further that Obito is an unreliable narrator, he told Sasuke that Madara stole Izuna's Mangekyou because he was going blind. That turned out to be false. Izuna willingly gave his eyes to Madara on his death bed.
So, Obito doesn't actually know what he's talking about and making up stuff.

Last edited:
Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well he was sick. Im not saying Susanoo didnt have any effect
Well, the problem is that Obito, who is not trustworthy, is the one who claimed Itachi was sick. Nobody else did. Obito also told Sasuke he had no hand in the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha or the Uchiha's massacre and that Itachi single handedly slaughtered the Uchiha on his own. He lies when it's convenient. No reliable sources confirmed or mentioned Itachi's sickness. Sasuke has also had the same effects that Itachi had when he was using Susanoo and Mangekyou. And Karin stated that his chakra was weakening which is also arguably a sign of dying, which resulted from using Susanoo. Then we have the databook stating that it consumes the life force of the user.

Take away Obito and there is really no evidence Itachi was sick. There isn't even a mention of it. Susanoo would be the only explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel90

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,426💸
Kumi
666💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
Well, the problem is that Obito, who is not trustworthy, is the one who claimed Itachi was sick. Nobody else did. Obito also told Sasuke he had no hand in the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha or the Uchiha's massacre and that Itachi single handedly slaughtered the Uchiha on his own. He lies when it's convenient. No reliable sources confirmed or mentioned Itachi's sickness. Sasuke has also had the same effects that Itachi had when he was using Susanoo and Mangekyou. And Karin stated that his chakra was weakening which is also arguably a sign of dying, which resulted from using Susanoo. Then we have the databook stating that it consumes the life force of the user.

Take away Obito and there is really no evidence Itachi was sick. There isn't even a mention of it. Susanoo would be the only explanation.
Sasuke wasnt coughing blood