[Discussion] Was Gohan Robbed of New or Upgraded Transformations in Battle of Gods?

Kin
117💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know i do alot of Gohan threads but it's only because he got the short end of the stick in terms of development post DBZ in my opinion. Personally i think Gohan should have been the one to gain SSG for the simple reason that he was still technically the strongest character at that point, so it stands to reason that the power up would most likely be more beneficial for him than Goku. However let's put a pin in that for now. I recently came across some info on the Dragon Ball wiki that stated that during the fight with Beerus and the Z fighters Gohan used SSJ on top of his ultimate form when he fought Beerus, but this got cut from the movie. I'll paste the article below for reference. Could you imagine between him that powered up and Vegeta's rage I think realistically they could have bought a decent amount of time fighting Beerus. So what do you think? Personally i think Gohan was unjustifiably nerfed and as the title suggest robbed of appropriate and logical power ups.

"While rarely doing so, Gohan can utilize his Super Saiyan forms on top of his Potential Unleashed state. In the original release of Gohan transformed into Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan to fight Beerus, though this was removed from the final movie. Later, in both for Battle of Gods, Gohan transformed into Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan in order to help his father Goku reach the Super Saiyan God state. In the anime, as Gohan noted to Goku, he made a conscious choice to avoid using Super Saiyan forms as he is aiming for a different ultimate form. In the manga, he notes that he chose not to use Super Saiyan forms as he wishes to grow more from his human side."