[Theory] Violet Bolt>Chidori/Lightning Blade Theory

Kin
117💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys and gals, recently i've had an idea about possible reasons that Kakashi's purple lighting can be about as strong as the chidori or lightning blade without the drawbacks. What if it has to do with the color itself? Hear me out human beings can't see light in the ultraviolet range of the spectrum. What if Kakashi thought of this and decided to exploit it as a means of overcoming the tunnel vision effect of chidori which uses largely blue or white lightening. Whether it's a slight alteration of the chakra nature or shape this would decrease the strain on the user's eyes aswell as the chances of being detected by the enemy since it emits a wavelength simply to short for the human eye to see. Let me know what you all think, any and all feedback is appreciated as always.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it's not even close, more power requires more focus. Kakashi needs to mitigate those side effects and more chakra concentration won't do that if anything it's weaker to decrease focus on the jutsu so he can concentrate on his target. Imo they messed it up a little they should've created a partial frontal shield.

Kin
117💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That’s impossible because people in fact do see it.
im not trying to say it would make it entirely invisible but being closer to that end of the spectrum would reduce the brightness which attributes to the tunnel vision
Post automatically merged:

Interesting theory but Kishimoto probably didn't think it out in detail.
Bummer itd be a solid way to explain it in my opinion...

No it's not even close, more power requires more focus. Kakashi needs to mitigate those side effects and more chakra concentration won't do that if anything it's weaker to decrease focus on the jutsu so he can concentrate on his target. Imo they messed it up a little they should've created a partial frontal shield.
Thats a fair point it just didnt seem weak enough to justify that reasoning to me.

The Paradox

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has nothing to do with the color, but rather how fast his eyes can process movement.

Before sharingan, he had to have people cover him while he used it. That way attacks that he wouldn't be able to dodge could be fended off, and the chances of the target escaping would be lessened. Coverage was needed due to the tunnel effect created when moving at such speeds. Minato told him to not use it as it would put himself and the whole team at risk if he ended up missing the target.

With sharingan he was able to safely use it without the need for any coverage. It eliminated the tunnel vision and also allowed him to know where the target might move to.

This is why Boruto uses Boruto Stream when he knows the target is in a near straight path in front of him. As it also probably creates that same tunnel vision Kakashi had.

Purple Lightning is a totally different tech that doesn't rely on high speed to get the job done. That's why Kakashi created it after he lost the sharingan. He can still use Chidori, but it's just dangerous and he's no longer as reckless as he was at age 12/13. Boruto is still fairly reckless though, which is why he still uses Boruto Stream. I'm sure that will change and he'll adapt it.. or maybe his Jogan will make it easier. Idk.

Kin
117💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The tunnel vision is caused by the movement, not the lightning. .
Really? I could have swore some where I saw that the light and sounds caused it, but thanks for the input

It has nothing to do with the color, but rather how fast his eyes can process movement.

Before sharingan, he had to have people cover him while he used it. That way attacks that he wouldn't be able to dodge could be fended off, and the chances of the target escaping would be lessened. Coverage was needed due to the tunnel effect created when moving at such speeds. Minato told him to not use it as it would put himself and the whole team at risk if he ended up missing the target.

With sharingan he was able to safely use it without the need for any coverage. It eliminated the tunnel vision and also allowed him to know where the target might move to.

This is why Boruto uses Boruto Stream when he knows the target is in a near straight path in front of him. As it also probably creates that same tunnel vision Kakashi had.

Purple Lightning is a totally different tech that doesn't rely on high speed to get the job done. That's why Kakashi created it after he lost the sharingan. He can still use Chidori, but it's just dangerous and he's no longer as reckless as he was at age 12/13. Boruto is still fairly reckless though, which is why he still uses Boruto Stream. I'm sure that will change and he'll adapt it.. or maybe his Jogan will make it easier. Idk.
I figured the sharingan would have a way to block out the intense light being exposed almost directly into his periferals which is where your eyes are most sensitive to light but idk I’m probs overthinking it. Thanks for the clarification

Last edited: