[Spoilers] Vasto Lorde

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The hollow we saw in the latest chapter was a Vasto Lorde. It had the right appearance and everything and appears to be a pure hollow. We can assume that that is the hollow inside Ichigo, and it wiped the floor with Ulquiorra, who was also a vasto lorde (albeit a weaker one). Kubo himself said that MOST of the Espada were Vasto Lorde.

Can people stop overestimating the power of a vasto lorde? Yes, Hitsugaya claimed that the battle capabilities of a Vasto Lorde are greater than that of a Captain's, but in all honestly, power means **** all in a fight between a Captain and a Vasto Lorde (assuming the difference isn't too great - see Aizen/Yamamoto vs every Captain). As we saw in the battle between Hallibel vs Hitsugaya, she got outsmarted, even though her power and skill was greater than Hitsugaya's (don't deny this; she had the upper hand the entire fight till the very end). Barragan got outsmarted (his powers dwarfed pretty much every other Espada, even Starrk). Starrk lost the will to fight. Besides, what did those skeptics think would happen? That 3 vasto lorde can overcome 6 captains and the Vizard? Don't make me laugh.

I know this has been discussed a ton of times, and people who actually read Bleach would agree with me, but I saw that other thread which got closed and I saw some skeptics there, so I just wanted to make it clear that the hollow shown is very likely a vasto lorde.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Too bad 4th espada wasn't a vasta lorde... or ever will be, because vasto lorde are stronger than the espada's
Erm, no they aren't. Kubo sad most of the Espada were Vasto Lordes. Please don't pretend otherwise. Halibel was shown in her hollow state prior to becoming an Arrancar and she was clearly a Vasto Lorde. Barragan was the king of Hueco Mundo - he was in no way below Vasto Lorde level. Starrk was so powerful that other Hollows died just by being around him; you can't do that if you're an adjuchas.

Summer

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well after the last chapter we know that ichigo's mother was attack by this VL and that ichigo's hollow ability's reside from this opponent.
The matter that needs addressed is did this hollow come back for vengeance or was it Aizen luring the VL to the real world

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well after the last chapter we know that ichigo's mother was attack by this VL and that ichigo's hollow ability's reside from this opponent.
The matter that needs addressed is did this hollow come back for vengeance or was it Aizen luring the VL to the real world
Aizen really is a sneaky bastard...

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Erm, no they aren't. Kubo sad most of the Espada were Vasto Lordes. Please don't pretend otherwise. Halibel was shown in her hollow state prior to becoming an Arrancar and she was clearly a Vasto Lorde. Barragan was the king of Hueco Mundo - he was in no way below Vasto Lorde level. Starrk was so powerful that other Hollows died just by being around him; you can't do that if you're an adjuchas.
I would like a manga scan that shows that one espada claimed to be a vasto lorde....can't?
Yep, speculations don't count.

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, in mentioning the other thread, here is an adjusted take from it.​
Proof? All we, the readers, can go by until Kubo decides to state it explicitly is what is inferred from the manga.
Chapter 530's hollow is likely a Vasto Lorde and the notion can easily be supported with clear evidence from the manga.

A nice, succinct description of what their appearance should look like was reported by Tōshirō Hitsugaya:
You must be registered for see images
Now, in retrospect of the manga, you'll notice that both Ulquiorra Clifer and chapter 530's hollow fall into that category.

Going beyond just appearance though, there is the obvious power that both hollow certainly possess.
Please remember that the latter hollow was able to leave Isshin Shiba, a captain, critically wounded.

The following scan also reinforces the notion of the hollow being categorized as, yes, a Vasto Lorde.
From the scans, it becomes evident that the hollow fits in the parameters established for identifying a Vasto Lorde.

Now, as for the claim that almost all of the Espada were of the Vasto Lorde class, that is simply not a true statement:
  • it was stated that the ninth member, Aaroniero Arruruerie, was of the Gillian class
  • at least Grimmjow, a middle-ranked Espada was in fact an Adjuchas
  • no Vasto Lorde would be placed below an Adjuchas in terms of power capacity
Keep in mind two more things:
  • Grimmjow and his crew were attempting to reach the Vasto Lorde class, they failed
  • Grimmjow did not possess the traits assosciated with that of the Vasto Lorde class
Upon understanding the above information, it becomes clear as to what category most Espada would fall in.
Clearly most Espada, likely 5 through 8, would fall into the former category. They would in fact be Adjuchas.

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's a thread where we discussed this ''first 3 espadas we're VastoLorde'' why make a new thread!?

*but could you provide proof of Kubo saying it? I'm just curious what else did he say ''most espadas = Vasto Lorde'' no f way

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like a manga scan that shows that one espada claimed to be a vasto lorde....can't?
Yep, speculations don't count.
So deductions that are backed up by manga facts and evidence don't factor in for you? Are you really that naive to blindly deny everything until it's shown in your face in the manga? How pitiful.
  • Isshin being the Shiba "uncle" was already figured out the week that chapter came out. How? Because of the manga thus far combined with Kubo's interview Q&A sessions made for reasonable assumptions.
  • The mysterious figure who saved Urahara and Co from Kirge was predicted to be Grimmjow by the swarm. How? Because he was amongst the obvious choices of those residing in Hueco Mundo.
Speculations are a natural part of reading mangas as long as their backed up by necessary evidence. That's how you read mangas. It's perfectly natural to correctly speculate something in any manga and just merely wait for confirmation. That doesn't mean we can't figure things out before it's explicitly stated in the manga. You mean to tell me that 100% of everything that happens in the manga is a total surprise for you? Have you never read a chapter and thought to yourself "I knew it"? Cause if that's what you're saying then you really are a lost cause.

If you knew anything about Bleach then you'd have already come to the notion that Ulquiorra was a Vasto Lorde based on his mask appearance and the descriptions given by Hitsugaya. Don't go demanding manga scans for things you apparently aren't smart enough to deduce on your own even when half the people here have manga facts and are telling you otherwise. The absolute least you could do is present counter-evidence to back yourself up. But you can't even do that. All you can do is spout "show me manga scans".

Obviously we can't say with 100% certainty that anything is anything until it's shown by Kubo, but that doesn't mean everything that's speculated, predicted, or theorized based on evidence and facts has no chance of being right.

Last edited: