Yoshikawa, Eiji , Inoue, Takehiko

~Aritst(s)~

Inoue, Takehiko

~Genre~

Action, Adventure, Drama, Historical, Samurai, Seinen

~Current Status~

Ongoing

~Moment of Reviewing~

All the chapters that have been published .

~Other Formats~

N/A

~Series Summary~

Growing up in 17th century Sengoku era Japan, Shinmen Takezou is shunned by the local villagers as a devil child due to his wild and violent nature. Running away from home with a fellow boy at age 17, Takezou joins the Toyotomi army to fight the Tokugawa clan at the battle of Sekigahara. However, the Tokugawa win a crushing victory, leading to nearly three hundred years of Shogunate rule. Takezou and his friend manage to survive the battle, and afterwards swear to do great things with their lives. But after their paths separate, Takezou becomes a wanted criminal, and must change his name and his nature in order to escape an ignoble death. Based on the book "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa, Vagabond is a fictional retelling of the life of Miyamoto Mushashi, often referred to as the "Sword Saint" - perhaps the most famous and successful of Japan's sword fighters.

~Critical Review~

Vagabond is a masterpiece and incredibile , a manga that cannot be replaced on its own style .

This manga is based on the novel of Yoshikawa Eiji , which is real-life based . Vagabond is incredibile in every aspect . The art is amazing , it gives characters a depth that I have not seen in any other manga . The plot is very good too , and the fights are the best I've seen in any manga .

This story starts in the very end of the battle of Sekigahara . Two friends , Shinmen Takezo and Matahachi Hon'iden , since they were young , decided to make a name for themselves . These two are the main characters . Mostly , the character in Vagabond have good development , but the development of these two is beyond good ; it's amazing . This manga nicely brings the feeling of Sengoku Era of Japan , where Samurai made the rule back then .

This manga is a perfect example on what envy and power does to you . Even if you're born with an inevitable inability , you will find your light .

You must be registered for see images

Later on , Shinmen Takezo changes his name to Miyamoto Musashi , which there begins the real plot of the series . This manga mostly is focused on the psycholgical life of Miyamoto Musashi , who is hailed to be the strongest Samurai who lived in Sengoku Era . Also , the concept of "evil" and "good" doesn't exist in this series , every character is what he thinks is .

There will be moments that will shock you , will amaze you and will sadden you . Also the fact that supernatural powers do not exist , make this manga amazing .

(This is my very first review I've made , hence the reason why it is short :p)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Osmon

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This manga is making the old samurai our contemporary. It's so unlikely that he looked so modern and handsome but i admire Inoue Sensei for the ability to put on Musashi's face all kind of expressions and emotions. He drew with so much passion and self consuming determination than now he cannot be pleased with half of measure when it's about this masterpiece.
The manga is 18+ from many reasons but first from the bloody content.. It helped me imagine the violent life of the Middle Age and it's the first one I was happy to be black and white.
You must be registered for see medias