Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Who wants to bet we will be in another war in the middle east in next couple of years and haven't they been saying that to other middle eastern countries and we still got troops stationed there.

Reactions: xenonoah

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
That's what Trump said, but I don't know how far he'll get woth all the war hawks.
A large issue is the abundance of pro-war rhetoric from both liberals and staunch conservatives. I believe General Mattis, the previous secretary of war, literally resigned because he was so in-favor of keeping troops in Syria.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
This had already been enacted slowly, with the reductions to deploy into the middle east. Removing central commands from Syria, I am not much surprised by Mad-Dog having fought against it, but having the government officials not listen. *shrug* I think we need to keep an strong presence in the middle east until they fully reform. Not that I mean we should take over, but rather improve their well living like we had been doing. Oh Well...

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
This had already been enacted slowly, with the reductions to deploy into the middle east. Removing central commands from Syria, I am not much surprised by Mad-Dog having fought against it, but having the government officials not listen. *shrug* I think we need to keep an strong presence in the middle east until they fully reform. Not that I mean we should take over, but rather improve their well living like we had been doing. Oh Well...
This attitude is actually what has lead to a lot of issues in the MENA region. Why does the United States treat itself as the world's police force? There's really no reason for it when there are so many domestic issues that should be solved. The United States spend hundreds of billions of dollars yearly on "Defense", and literal billions of dollars are wasted and even 'lost'. Many of the issues in the MENA region are a direct result of decades of western imperialism. In fact, ISIS literally formed out of the vacuum created by the Syrian civil war. ISIS is now basically defunct, they're not a relevant threat, so there is no reason for the United States to be in Syria. People arguing over straggler groups sound as slow as the people who were campaigning for the United States to stay in Japan after the atomic bomb dropped and they surrendered because of the handful of straggler groups that would occasionally come out of the jungle lol.

Ethically, yes, Assad is an ass. No, he shouldn't be in power. But replacing him as a leader would require a literal war against syria on the scale of the one we just had in Iraq. Yes, the one that increased the United States' deficit by literal trillions. Another conflict like this would also inevitably inflict more suffering, pain, and conflict onto the Syrian people. Moreover, the rebel Syrian groups have proven and shown time and time again that even WITH full western support, it is unrealistic and nigh impossible for them to achieve an outright victory over Assad. Imo, the United States should focus on diplomacy with Syria.

By redistributing some of the money that we can save via troop and defense withdrawal, we can start solving the domestic issues that have become increasingly prevalent and problematic in the last few years. Maybe we can even start chipping away at the seemingly insurmountable wall of debt that the US has found under.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The U.S wanted Assad gone because of geopolitics and tried to support any rebels and see what stuck. In the process, groups like ISIS emerged, although I doubt the U.S is really surprised from an outcome like that. I guess the Kurds were doing well which was good for the U.S (not the same as the objective-good) but Erdogan and others have convinced Trump to ditch the Kurds. They're f*cked now that they're left alone against Erdogan and Syria, lol. The war has become even more immoral, at least before, the enemy was senseless but now it's gonna be a people who want their own state for their own people fighting Assad who actually governs Syria. F*cking America manages to f*ck up even things like ending their own interventions.

I wonder how much attention the media will pay on them now.