rockerstud

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
watch out cci will be interducing a new system that tracks illegal content (ex: bittorrent)

if you download then stop its not worth the risk

im done with torrents

here's the article

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
do i have to uninstall the torrents i downloaded...?
nevermind....i just read the whole thing...so it's only illegal to distribute the torrent...but not to download it right?

Last edited:

Sanguis

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just another way to scare the public (there getting ready for Holloween obviously :p) jk. They will send you letters all they want if they want to punish you they first have to get a court order (which I presume they do that in the United States) this costs them money and my guess they will only do it to people who download tons or people to make an example of (which they do now).

Let me just inform you, you really think your ISP is really going to go big on this? you as the paying customer, do you really think they are going to risk losing you? No because you pay them to stay in business it would be ludicrous to do something like that.

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Meh.

They cannot do much to stop it, With the number of people that download torrents, they havn't the space nor the time to deal with all of us.

fuck em.

AngryRock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

“Importantly, the methodology for identifying infringed content and the IP address from which it has been distributed is based on a review of peer-to-peer networks and publicly available information,” the blog post states. “No personal consumer information will be obtained by MarkMonitor or content owners either in generating the notices or in passing them on to consumers.”

However, armed with an IP address, as we’ve seen many times before, it usually isn’t terribly difficult to get that subscriber information from an ISP.

Finally, Lesser explained to Ars that consumers will have to pay $35 to the CAS to initiate a review procedure, which will be refunded if the consumer wins the review.
So you need to pay $35 to defend themselves against something they might have done. They are marking people as criminals without reviewing and will review for $35. If you win then they give you back the money. They are tracking us like we are already criminals instead of doing the correct thing like waiting for us to do criminal activity THEN track us.