~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Officers responded to a false report of a gunman holding his family hostage after shooting his father Thursday night.

A feud between two Call of Duty game players sparked the hoax call. However, the address given to police led them to the doorstep of 28-year-old Andrew Finch, who was not part of the online gaming community, police say.

"Due to the actions of a prankster, we have an innocent victim," Wichita police Deputy Chief Troy Livingston said during a press conference Friday.

Officers responded to a report of a gunman holding his mother, brother and sister hostage after shooting his father in the head Thursday night, Livingston said.

"That was the information we were working off of," he told the Wichita Eagle.

Livingston added that authorities "got into position" when they arrived at the home, ready for a hostage situation.

The 28-year-old, identified by his family as Andrew Finch, went to the door to see what was going on, the Eagle reported.

"As he came to the door, one of our officers discharged his weapon," Livingston said.

Officers had instructed Finch to put his hands up, but he lowered them several times, Livingston said. One officer then took a shot because he "feared for officer's safety," Livingston said.

The father of two was taken to a hospital. He later died.

Police said he was unarmed.

Several social media users placed blame on one gamer, who tweeted about the incident.

"I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION," the gamer tweeted. The account was suspended overnight.

Read the rest by clicking on the link below:

People seriously needs to stop acting like a bunch of salty morons,making false calls to get someone swatted is not funny. Hopefully the person responsible for the false report gets caught.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's be straight up,

the guy got killed because the cop was a self-entitled idiot.He made an excuse, and he had the intentions of shooting him, from the very start.You can never be an armed cop scared of an unarmed man.So you, a well armed cop were "scared" because a guy who wasn't armed put his hand down several times...how SELF-IMPORTANT AND INCONSIDERATE.

When you've come across a cop that enters a situation and makes the situation about himself, you KNOW you have a problem. Self centered, self-important cops.

See the picture here people, things ESCALATE and become worst than what it is because these cops jump to conclusions about things, and WE have to suffer because of it.They need to get checked for PTSD, or something, cause they over react.

I don't have time for peoples imagined issues.

Bottom line is,

who EVER that guy was who set up the prank, it was "cause & effect"...stupid is, stupid does. These cops need to know better, because they make a mistake, and now someone has to deal with GUNS, COURT, ETC...who has time for that?Who has time to entertain someone elses sense of entitlement.My god...

Last edited:

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some cops just become killers. Constantly killing under false pretenses and using their title as a cop as their clever disguise.

You have "cleverly hidden criminals". They just think they're so clever, but once you operate from a place of logic or instinct, you just figure them out, anyways.

The things they do typically don't add up, but they have tons of excuses just to cover up their true intentions.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't shoot an UNARMED man whose hands you can see (to be empty) while having your squad surround a house with armoured clothing. This is clearly an example of a trigger happy officer looking to kill. I understand shooting to kill when someone is pointing a gun at you, but until you see a weapon on them you don't have to shoot at all. If you must it should be to the legs or the shoulder which won't pierce organs.This isn't the wild west where most criminals can draw a weapon from their clothing and one shot 7 armed officers from the hip. If there was any danger everyone would see him reaching for the gun and be able to react.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There was a man that threatened a police officer with a spade and so he shot him in the leg and the man ran into the woods.
Don't mess with the police I guess.
To percieve people as threats so easily, it's the same as when people evacutated a school cus some kid had some star wars costume on or something and they all blamed the kid afterwards too for being a "threat".
People are so sensitive about certain things. If something is percieved as a threat then all bets are off.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The guys now arrested and seems before he did an interview with a YouTube sounding completely unapologetic

The dude definitely didn't sound right in the head and says he didn't have parents so the dudes definitely screwed up besides the fact he's 25

Everyone else in the incident need to be arrested as well

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The guys now arrested and seems before he did an interview with a YouTube sounding completely unapologetic

The dude definitely didn't sound right in the head and says he didn't have parents so the dudes definitely screwed up besides the fact he's 25

Everyone else in the incident need to be arrested as well
Good,hopefully he ends up serving time for a long time.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There was a man that threatened a police officer with a spade and so he shot him in the leg and the man ran into the woods.
Don't mess with the police I guess.
To percieve people as threats so easily, it's the same as when people evacutated a school cus some kid had some star wars costume on or something and they all blamed the kid afterwards too for being a "threat".
People are so sensitive about certain things. If something is percieved as a threat then all bets are off.
Why should I hate all of humanity just because the United States can't hire qualified police officers? Lmao get out of your own way.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why not hate all of humanity? If your going to overreact and be dramatic, why limit yourself? Its not like hating a country populated by 300+ million people over a single incident was reasonable to begin with.
Nothing really new when a person states they hate a certain country,even if most of their reasoning for it is a bit idiotic.

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is the interview with the swatter before he was arrested

[video=youtube;cCHOI39nJPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCHOI39nJPM[/video]
I'd say they were all equally envolved in the murder, and not only the swatter. The one sending the text with the address, daring the swatter to do it, the swatter who called the SWATS and the SWATS who did a POOR job. I don't think SWAT has shoot to kill permission (their first objective is to defuse the situation without anyone getting harmed), but based on the interview with the family, their son was killed without any warnings (just like that).

Some of you might disagree with me saying that the swatter alone was to be blamed for the murder because he made the phone call, and I'd honestly agree, but we also get to know that the SWAT team didn't give any warnings to the kid who got shot and killed, so they're also equally a part of the murder, why? Because it's not allowed to shoot a person if the person is not showing signs of threat to the officers, SWAT members and etc involved.