Ubisoft Presentation 7/12/2020

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As you may or may not know there is an Ubisoft presentation tomorrow, that's going to show some of what they've been working on. For those living under a rock or you know anybody that doesn't really follow video game news the Far Cry 6 teaser already partially was leaked showing to have Giancarlo Esposito in some capacity likely as the main antagonist, but assumptions are always tricky with a Far Cry game especially. If that name looks familiar but you can't quite place it he played Gus Fring in the largely popular drama Breaking Bad.

With Ubisoft having a diverse library of IPs to draw from anything you're hoping they expand upon?
Do you think they will introduce new any IPs for the next generation of consoles?
How many of their in development games do you expect to get free upgrades for the next generation if any?

I'm guessing we're likely to see more details on Far Cry 6 or they wouldn't have leaked the trailer and ofcourse I feel like they'd be a bit foolish not to say anything about Assassin Creed Valhalla since so many are anticipating it and all.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I played Far Cry 5, but not interested in any Far Cry game. Played a few Assassin Creed games, but not interested. I want to see what new IP's they got for the new gens consoles. I have Xbox, but I plan to switch to PS5.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am pumped about valhalla, hope he does enough feats to shut down those kratos bandwagons.

Have you seen hyper scape?
I have seen Hyper Scape, but not being a fan of Battle Royales I'm not too interested add that in with having nobody to play it with it interests me even less. Streamer integration is nice I suppose if you're one of those folks looking to build your channel though.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have seen Hyper Scape, but not being a fan of Battle Royales I'm not too interested add that in with having nobody to play it with it interests me even less. Streamer integration is nice I suppose if you're one of those folks looking to build your channel though.
BRs are the hit now, a gameplay where everyone is equal, you have to depend on your skill, alertness and fps to win lol, I understand playing it with strangers can be tiring esp if they are poor at teamwork and super greedy but you can also make new friends from it.

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BRs are the hit now, a gameplay where everyone is equal, you have to depend on your skill, alertness and fps to win lol, I understand playing it with strangers can be tiring esp if they are poor at teamwork and super greedy but you can also make new friends from it.
They're popular now, but I'd argue it's not because everyone is equal, even a poor player can feel like they're doing well in a Battle Royale as the others eliminate each other it gives a chance for a lesser skilled player to place high simply by avoiding conflict additionally getting even a few kills in such a scenario tend to be more rewarding for the players who are invested in such modes.

To make friends one would have to be social and generally likable, do I really seem the sort that does well with people?

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They're popular now, but I'd argue it's not because everyone is equal, even a poor player can feel like they're doing well in a Battle Royale as the others eliminate each other it gives a chance for a lesser skilled player to place high simply by avoiding conflict additionally getting even a few kills in such a scenario tend to be more rewarding for the players who are invested in such modes.

To make friends one would have to be social and generally likable, do I really seem the sort that does well with people?
I don't know anyone who takes alcohol seriously, not to be social and generally likeable xD
They are the life of the party <__<

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know anyone who takes alcohol seriously, not to be social and generally likeable xD
They are the life of the party <__<
Or mayhaps they're the bitter drunks in the corner of the bar reflecting on missed opportunities that have passed them by looking simply to numb the pain of a wasted life. I'm the guy at the party who tends the bar to avoid talking to people, they get their drinks and leave me alone, that's not the kind of person that's going to randomly make friends especially when these days so few people actually say anything in public chats even fewer are interested in working together.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Or mayhaps they're the bitter drunks in the corner of the bar reflecting on missed opportunities that have passed them by looking simply to numb the pain of a wasted life. I'm the guy at the party who tends the bar to avoid talking to people, they get their drinks and leave me alone, that's not the kind of person that's going to randomly make friends especially when these days so few people actually say anything in public chats even fewer are interested in working together.
So you go to a place filled with people and then want them to leave you alone.. Got it.

Am sure u have your reasons for this, it's cool

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you go to a place filled with people and then want them to leave you alone.. Got it.

Am sure u have your reasons for this, it's cool
Sure why not? Mayhaps you don't keep a stocked cabinet at home, because you're worried that you're going to put the bottle to your head one day and just pull the trigger on a particularly bad night. Maybe the background noise drowns out just a tiny bit of self-pity and lets you make it through the night. Always the possibility of not wanting to go home, maybe you have a family at home that you simply can't face cuz another day searching for a job just didn't go your way and you don't know where that next paycheck is coming from and you may not have food on the table tomorrow and certainly don't know how you're going to help provide a future for the little ones. Plenty of reasons to go out and be around people to simply be alone and plenty of sad stories at the bottom of a shot glass.

My reason for tending bars at parties is just as simple as not wanting to be there As for not making friends it requires a certain level of charisma even online and besides just opens you up to being left abandoned with a knife in your back from your so called friends one day. Et tu, Brute indeed.

Besides looked for somebody for Gears 5 already came up short across numerous searches and matchmaking is abysmal, it'd be silly to assume that it'd be any different with a Battle Royale and besides you have to be careful of who you meet online, a lot of 13 year olds on Call of Duty. (In this sense Call of Duty is a metaphor for games in general that in theory should have an older audience and as an older person on the internet you can get into wildly inappropriate scenarios that could end badly simply by association through no fault of one's own.)

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sure why not? Mayhaps you don't keep a stocked cabinet at home, because you're worried that you're going to put the bottle to your head one day and just pull the trigger on a particularly bad night. Maybe the background noise drowns out just a tiny bit of self-pity and lets you make it through the night. Always the possibility of not wanting to go home, maybe you have a family at home that you simply can't face cuz another day searching for a job just didn't go your way and you don't know where that next paycheck is coming from and you may not have food on the table tomorrow and certainly don't know how you're going to help provide a future for the little ones. Plenty of reasons to go out and be around people to simply be alone and plenty of sad stories at the bottom of a shot glass.

My reason for tending bars at parties is just as simple as not wanting to be there As for not making friends it requires a certain level of charisma even online and besides just opens you up to being left abandoned with a knife in your back from your so called friends one day. Et tu, Brute indeed.

Besides looked for somebody for Gears 5 already came up short across numerous searches and matchmaking is abysmal, it'd be silly to assume that it'd be any different with a Battle Royale and besides you have to be careful of who you meet online, a lot of 13 year olds on Call of Duty. (In this sense Call of Duty is a metaphor for games in general that in theory should have an older audience and as an older person on the internet you can get into wildly inappropriate scenarios that could end badly simply by association through no fault of one's own.)
I take it you hear a lot of depressing story over the bar o_o

I feel running away from your problems is not going to solve it, if anything it will make it worse but that's not what we talking about here, now I think about it those reasons are valid for wanting to be in a crowd and still be left alone.

COD has a larger audience esp on Android and OS, better luck finding someone there also thanks to the lockdown, adults have flooded it tho some of them act like kids esp on search and destroy lol, it's just a game I tell them but then they go cursing, it's not my fault we have noobs and campers in our team even tho I classify as one lol

P. S. No one likes to lose

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel running away from your problems is not going to solve it, if anything it will make it worse but that's not what we talking about here, now I think about it those reasons are valid for wanting to be in a crowd and still be left alone.

COD has a larger audience esp on Android and OS, better luck finding someone there also thanks to the lockdown, adults have flooded it tho some of them act like kids esp on search and destroy lol, it's just a game I tell them but then they go cursing, it's not my fault we have noobs and campers in our team even tho I classify as one lol

P. S. No one likes to lose
Maybe not, but solving one's problems can be easier said than done especially from the depths of despair.

Well like I said Call of Duty didn't really actually mean Call of Duty (I don't play Call of Duty even), just saying that if you're out of a certain age range playing with a 13 year old looks suspect and you never know who you're paired up online. Then that's another even if you're paired with age appropriate teammates your personalities have to mesh. Finding 'friends' isn't as simple as just looking.
-
Having finished the Ubisoft Stream
I'm still waiting patiently for Watchdogs Legion, never been a fan of the series, but I'm hopeful this time around and even though it likely won't matter as much as they claim it will having different abilities on your characters and perma-death is a nice thing to have. State of Decay made similar claims with SoD2 and you can be perfectly fine with any character and the actual differences there are minimal simple state differences they don't really change any gameplay with the loadouts being fixed here they ensure that at the very least they have some tangible gameplay differences even if they can all perform similarly in terms of gunplay as it seems they all have at least a pistol.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla looks more interesting to me than past installments, but I'm still not sold personally. For me the series' gameplay has always felt slow and with a cinematic focus rather than actual reactive gameplay it's more of a dodge this click a button and then your character does this series of cinematic moves on a single press similar to the Arkham Games and the Playstation exclusive Spider-man, they look nice, but ultimately they're largely cinematic.

AI teammates are welcome for Breakpoint, but feel like they need to do more to revitalize the campaign than simply introducing AI for solo players.

Finally Far Cry 6 likely could have been skipped with no real gameplay the trailer could have simply been left as a leak instead of repeated.

Last edited:

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe not, but solving one's problems can be easier said than done especially from the depths of despair.

Well like I said Call of Duty didn't really actually mean Call of Duty (I don't play Call of Duty even), just saying that if you're out of a certain age range playing with a 13 year old looks suspect and you never know who you're paired up online. Then that's another even if you're paired with age appropriate teammates your personalities have to mesh. Finding 'friends' isn't as simple as just looking.
-
Having finished the Ubisoft Stream
I'm still waiting patiently for Watchdogs Legion, never been a fan of the series, but I'm hopeful this time around and even though it likely won't matter as much as they claim it will having different abilities on your characters and perma-death is a nice thing to have. State of Decay made similar claims with SoD2 and you can be perfectly fine with any character and the actual differences there are minimal simple state differences they don't really change any gameplay with the loadouts being fixed here they ensure that at the very least they have some tangible gameplay differences even if they can all perform similarly in terms of gunplay as it seems they all have at least a pistol.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla looks more interesting to me than past installments, but I'm still not sold personally. For me the series' gameplay has always felt slow and with a cinematic focus rather than actual reactive gameplay it's more of a dodge this click a button and then your character does this series of cinematic moves on a single press similar to the Arkham Games and the Playstation exclusive Spider-man, they look nice, but ultimately they're largely cinematic.

AI teammates are welcome for Breakpoint, but feel like they need to do more to revitalize the campaign than simply introducing AI for solo players.

Finally Far Cry 6 likely could have been skipped with no real gameplay the trailer could have simply been left as a leak instead of repeated.
I lol-ed in watchdog legion showcase when they introduced a character that can randomly die on his own... Though for me it was the terrain that wow-ed me, as always they gave rockstar gta a run for their money, I feel you probably play the game for months and still not know everywhere in the terrain, I like how you have a larger pool to pick your team from compare to as the game progress you get provided what you need, the way I see it if you put in the hardwork you would be badass. Seriously tho the terrain is amazing, never been to London but am sure after this it will feel like I have.

AC has always been more cinematic than actually game play, remember jet li "rise of honor" gamers loved that they didn't have to learn loads of combo to beat the bosses (me included) then Prince of Persian came and find tune it (eyeballs tomb raider and shadow of mordor) and it has only gotten better, the game play will definitely stay that way for years to come or so I hope lol.
Imagine those beastly cinematic moves. I wonder if they will remove wall climbing considering vikings don't do that

Edit: when I play codm I play with my mic off, so less drama, no meet ups just pure gaming and whenever I run into love birds in my team, I act as their bodyguard and such; it doesn't usually end well tho, like for instance the Babe had left us to go to the other side of the map for an airdrop and got killed, the dude basically picked the only helicopter in the location, didn't bother to pick us up or care that the blue zone was closing in and when to get her, it was a joy to watch him die too lol, best part we went on to win the game.

Last edited:

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I lol-ed in watchdog legion showcase when they introduced a character that can randomly die on his own... Though for me it was the terrain that wow-ed me, as always they gave rockstar gta a run for their money, I feel you probably play the game for months and still not know everywhere in the terrain, I like how you have a larger pool to pick your team from compare to as the game progress you get provided what you need, the way I see it if you put in the hardwork you would be badass. Seriously tho the terrain is amazing, never been to London but am sure after this it will feel like I have.

AC has always been more cinematic than actually game play, remember jet li "rise of honor" gamers loved that they didn't have to learn loads of combo to beat the bosses (me included) then Prince of Persian came and find tune it (eyeballs tomb raider and shadow of mordor) and it has only gotten better, the game play will definitely stay that way for years to come or so I hope lol.
Imagine those beastly cinematic moves. I wonder if they will remove wall climbing considering vikings don't do that

Edit: when I play codm I play with my mic off, so less drama, no meet ups just pure gaming and whenever I run into love birds in my team, I act as their bodyguard and such; it doesn't usually end well tho, like for instance the Babe had left us to go to the other side of the map for an airdrop and got killed, the dude basically picked the only helicopter in the location, didn't bother to pick us up or care that the blue zone was closing in and when to get her, it was a joy to watch him die too lol, best part we went on to win the game.
I'm not sure he actually died and it could have been put in just for the laughs you can't really go by that. Plus the commentary that they'd check on him later because he passed out heavily suggests he didn't die just fell over at most, maybe some sort of time limited buff that causes him to pass out when it ends or something even if we're trying to decipher potential gameplay mechanics. Ubisoft has a history of getting landmarks right even to a degree the scaling, you can follow the actual streets and end up in the right place in Division 1 and 2, gaming press who have been hands on with Watchdogs says it's very much the same for London in their world just with a few futuristic updates. Major landmarks that wouldn't have been replaced like the Queen's Tower are all right where they should be as well as basic infrastructure like the streets and layout of the town. I remember going through Division and finding a hole in the wall doughnut shoppe that we went to when we were in New York so yeah map building is something Ubisoft is good at.

Yeah I know and those aren't my type of games, they seemed like they added quite a bit of extras for actual combat this round though so it may sway me.
Vikings most assuredly climbed walls, dunno where you're getting your history, but they weren't inept or anything they had siege towers and the like to scale fortresses.

Sounds like a bad habit of projecting stories if you have the mic off and don't know they're actually a couple.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not sure he actually died and it could have been put in just for the laughs you can't really go by that. Plus the commentary that they'd check on him later because he passed out heavily suggests he didn't die just fell over at most, maybe some sort of time limited buff that causes him to pass out when it ends or something even if we're trying to decipher potential gameplay mechanics. Ubisoft has a history of getting landmarks right even to a degree the scaling, you can follow the actual streets and end up in the right place in Division 1 and 2, gaming press who have been hands on with Watchdogs says it's very much the same for London in their world just with a few futuristic updates. Major landmarks that wouldn't have been replaced like the Queen's Tower are all right where they should be as well as basic infrastructure like the streets and layout of the town. I remember going through Division and finding a hole in the wall doughnut shoppe that we went to when we were in New York so yeah map building is something Ubisoft is good at.

Yeah I know and those aren't my type of games, they seemed like they added quite a bit of extras for actual combat this round though so it may sway me.
Vikings most assuredly climbed walls, dunno where you're getting your history, but they weren't inept or anything they had siege towers and the like to scale fortresses.

Sounds like a bad habit of projecting stories if you have the mic off and don't know they're actually a couple.
Here I was thinking there will be enough old men to pick up when you need one.

Lol don't mind me, am basing my facts of the series "vikings", I haven't read a book on them yet, maybe I should. The wall climbing am referring to is the acrobatics that usually comes with it. Unlike for the females, again drawing my facts from the series, their fighting style is more of kratos (God of war) and less of an actual assassin; brute force. In the intro video, it clearly indicate there will be less sneaking and hiding lol and more head on fighting, the main character didn't even conceal his identity Hmmmm now am worried they would go off the rails with valhalla; even less cinematics O_O!

After she died from her solo act, she went nuts and started calling him by his actual name to come revive her, my mic is off but not my speaker, am like snake eyes in G. I. Joes, I get the job done with no talking

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here I was thinking there will be enough old men to pick up when you need one.

Lol don't mind me, am basing my facts of the series "vikings", I haven't read a book on them yet, maybe I should. The wall climbing am referring to is the acrobatics that usually comes with it. Unlike for the females, again drawing my facts from the series, their fighting style is more of kratos (God of war) and less of an actual assassin; brute force. In the intro video, it clearly indicate there will be less sneaking and hiding lol and more head on fighting, the main character didn't even conceal his identity Hmmmm now am worried they would go off the rails with valhalla; even less cinematics O_O!

After she died from her solo act, she went nuts and started calling him by his actual name to come revive her, my mic is off but not my speaker, am like snake eyes in G. I. Joes, I get the job done with no talking
Viking isn't a people, to be a viking is a profession just like there are warriors or farmers in Norse culture. The misconception is that Vikings are soldiers, they're not, they're raiders or adventurers. Either way fighting in that era was pretty much the same for all cultures because it's what worked. Kratos is a terrible example his fighting style is horrible inaccurate with an ax like that you'd be doing figure 8 swings to conserve momentum and the ax itself is inaccurate too short for a great ax much too large for a hand ax and the head is off, you'd need to be super human to wield that thing which yes I get that he is a god and all that, but even then you don't get benefit from wielding a sword like Cloud's even if you in theory could you're better off making the weapon longer or even using a standard weapon and being able to swing it more effectively than adding pointless weight that doesn't get you anything. The back holstering wasn't a thing either for axes, though that actually should have been not much reason not to aside from it being hard to put away and may not always stay put so you'd need some engineering to really get it right and more thought than I'm willing to put into a design for it that it wouldn't fall out but drawing an ax from your back is much quicker than a hip holster which was the standard. Going to stop myself before I go on an even larger tangent and rant about how they screwed up Vikings and Valhalla.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Viking isn't a people, to be a viking is a profession just like there are warriors or farmers in Norse culture. The misconception is that Vikings are soldiers, they're not, they're raiders or adventurers. Either way fighting in that era was pretty much the same for all cultures because it's what worked. Kratos is a terrible example his fighting style is horrible inaccurate with an ax like that you'd be doing figure 8 swings to conserve momentum and the ax itself is inaccurate too short for a great ax much too large for a hand ax and the head is off, you'd need to be super human to wield that thing which yes I get that he is a god and all that, but even then you don't get benefit from wielding a sword like Cloud's even if you in theory could you're better off making the weapon longer or even using a standard weapon and being able to swing it more effectively than adding pointless weight that doesn't get you anything. The back holstering wasn't a thing either for axes, though that actually should have been not much reason not to aside from it being hard to put away and may not always stay put so you'd need some engineering to really get it right and more thought than I'm willing to put into a design for it that it wouldn't fall out but drawing an ax from your back is much quicker than a hip holster which was the standard. Going to stop myself before I go on an even larger tangent and rant about how they screwed up Vikings and Valhalla.
Lol yeah let's stop here. Thanks for the education, I really should read a book on viking.