Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When i read this i was like what the hell don't they need permission from the companies first before even trying to hack :shrug:. Second isn't this illegal

The war on terror has taken an odd -- and kind of fun -- turn.
The U.S. government has hired a white hat hacker collective to dig through used video game systems in an effort to track down bad guys.
The Navy is leading the charge in this hunt, last week hiring California-based Obscure Technologies to head up the "Gaming Systems Monitoring and Analysis" project. The company will be paid just over $177,000 for the job of developing tools to extract sensitive information from six modern gaming systems and examine how it might be exchanged through messaging and chat networks.
Wary of the obvious privacy concerns, the Pentagon says it only plans to use this technology overseas, since it's illegal to do so on American citizens.
Beyond the possibility of terrorists using systems like Xbox Live and Nintendo's 3DS to exchange information about potential targets, the Feds are also looking to hunt down pedophiles, which sometimes use online game systems to find potential victims.
Obscure Technologies certainly has its work cut out for it. The company will be responsible for designing a prototype rig to monitor and capture data from gaming systems. They'll also have to write what sounds like a manual on how best to use it (and why it chose the route it did.)
That's tricky stuff, given how complex encryption technologies have become as developers fight back against video game piracy. But seeing as Obscure Technologies is staffed with a lead scientist who previously reverse engineered the Xbox, the Navy seems confident.
Part of the lure for officials to look closely at monitoring in-game chats and messages is the expanding role of game machines. The Xbox 360 and PS3, for instance, can now access social media sites and offer peer-to-peer messaging systems that have thus far gone largely unmonitored.

Reactions: Cassiopeia

Uchiha Paulsama

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
extremely weird , i was wondering when they would crack down on this, but it is late of them to just realize this could already be going on..

they will go through everyone's ip address, they say they won't bother americans , but i highly doubt that

Universal Enlightenment

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
extremely weird , i was wondering when they would crack down on this, but it is late of them to just realize this could already be going on..

they will go through everyone's ip address, they say they won't bother americans , but i highly doubt that
The funny part is there breaking company law even if it's the U.S or not I highly doubt that micro is given them permission to do that in the first place if it's illegal in america in the first. Sony is another one even after getting hacked already you know there not having that, The worst part is all because it's not in america it's ok to do it too other countries :shrug:. The world is basically over why we spend $200,000 per hacker to break codes for video games while there's foreclosed homes & starving people all over.

Bijuu13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
who cares lol ? the military does wat it wants . if you have a problem with that you can get bombed just like the other countries ..... well i only say this cuz there not doing it on US citizens .. yet . none of it suprises me, i wouldnt expect much less

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
who cares lol ? the military does wat it wants . if you have a problem with that you can get bombed just like the other countries ..... well i only say this cuz there not doing it on US citizens .. yet . none of it suprises me, i wouldnt expect much less
^ Dude, soon we will be walking around with bug devices in our body:shrug:

Universal Enlightenment

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You care if you wasted your time coming in here posting in the first place :rolleyes:, Dude if it's for outside of the country how am i getting bombed if i live in the U.S. :sy: . This is some shady stuff going on, There was codes used to fight against piracy in game systems the same piracy SOPA(S.O.P.A Law) crap they tryed passing in the first place then turn around and try using it them selves wtf .

Ballin Sasuke

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All I can say is shit happens.

America is what it is I mean if u don't like it then move and your not going to stop it by posting a thread on a naruto website. And as long as I'm safe and your safe and we're all safe it doesn't matter. And those companies have more money than they can use so they don't miss it

and people are starving that's how the world works before u say I'm a total insensitive ass think about because are u willing to give these homeless people ur homes and ur food plus if we get kill more animals for food than the animal lover's will get mad and if we take down more of the enviornment for homes than we're going to use up all of our resources

Just something to think about

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
999💸
Kumi
7,554💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You care if you wasted your time coming in here posting in the first place :rolleyes:, Dude if it's for outside of the country how am i getting bombed if i live in the U.S. :sy: . This is some shady stuff going on, There was codes used to fight against piracy in game systems the same piracy SOPA(S.O.P.A Law) crap they tryed passing in the first place then turn around and try using it them selves wtf .
Dude they bomb other countries... they assasinate people like you who dissagree with something....

(no offense i don't know... but it seems you dissagree with this)

Universal Enlightenment

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All I can say is shit happens.

America is what it is I mean if u don't like it then move and your not going to stop it by posting a thread on a naruto website. And as long as I'm safe and your safe and we're all safe it doesn't matter. And those companies have more money than they can use so they don't miss it

and people are starving that's how the world works before u say I'm a total insensitive ass think about because are u willing to give these homeless people ur homes and ur food plus if we get kill more animals for food than the animal lover's will get mad and if we take down more of the enviornment for homes than we're going to use up all of our resources

Just something to think about
That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard if it was really for safety reasons why not spy on people inside of the country causing harm also if it's so call to "keep us safe". what there isn't people in this country who can't cause people harm to??? It's the fact that they started jackin up people for piracy laws (SOPA) claiming it was against the law then now there turning around and doing the samething the hypocritical.

Cenus showed that there's 312 million people living in the US so compared to other countries that's no big deal and because of the recession people are deciding not to have kids so the cutting down on pregnacy rates is at a low. We have alot of natural resources right here in america were do you get your information???

Dude they bomb other countries... they assasinate people like you who dissagree with something....

(no offense i don't know... but it seems you dissagree with this)
Huh can restate that for me please ???

Last edited:

Josh

Legendary
Kin
845💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So what? You don't think China has their own hacker group? You think Israel doesn't have people doing this kind of stuff?

Pull yer head outta ya arse and smell the real world. The United States isn't the only country that does this kind of thing. The U.S. is the only one stupid enough to publicize such acts of espionage. Of course it's "illegal." Since when has spying on other people been legal?

Please, the governments of the world don't care about Joe Blow or Susie Smiles, they want to spy on each other and go for the "Big Fish" and not some teenager who's confused about their sexual orientation and looks up the wrong images...

Universal Enlightenment

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So what? You don't think China has their own hacker group? You think Israel doesn't have people doing this kind of stuff?

Pull yer head outta ya arse and smell the real world. The United States isn't the only country that does this kind of thing. The U.S. is the only one stupid enough to publicize such acts of espionage. Of course it's "illegal." Since when has spying on other people been legal?

Please, the governments of the world don't care about Joe Blow or Susie Smiles, they want to spy on each other and go for the "Big Fish" and not some teenager who's confused about their sexual orientation and looks up the wrong images...
It's Called C.I.A that's there job that's what they do gather information that's what they specialize in, They've always have been like that you want people to follow the law but you got same people creating them breaking them

Example. Same article
That's tricky stuff, given how complex encryption technologies have become as developers fight back against video game piracy.
Weren't they just trying to pass a bill for that just a couple of months ago for the samething ??? It's called being hypocritical I don't have any problem with them doing there job or what not but i've been seeing way to many contradictions lately.

Reactions: -The Agent-

Josh

Legendary
Kin
845💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's Called C.I.A that's there job that's what they do gather information that's what they specialize in, They've always have been like that you want people to follow the law but you got same people creating them breaking them
Did you not read what I wrote or are you just reiterating what I was saying? Or are you trying to state that the C.I.A. is the only agency/organization in the world that commits acts of espionage?

My point was that people get so freaked out because the U.S. admits doing such things while it's well-known among military and law enforcement groups worldwide that most major countries are guilty of similar acts. Like I said, the U.S. is the only one stupid enough to publicly admit some of the things they are doing.