Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Initially I was shocked why he was so popular that he was considered a serious candidate at this point I really don't care and just become apathetic to politics where I would welcome another celebrity shit show because it's atleast entertaining.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Half of what ETHx said, I don't believe Trump has brought no real change but I agree with him on Congress and the House. Trump getting this far does nothing but highlight what kind of people have been sitting in those positions. My major thought is that state elections should never be ignored as much as they are.

Reactions: Sagebee

ETHx

Kin
47💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean as far as public opinion and media he has changed the world but has he really done anything policy-wise? Honestly presidental elections are just a distraction to what truly matters. No one talks about Secretary Mattis when it comes to war even though he probably makes those decisions and not Trump.

The president is just a media figure with specific powers that can only be used during war or tie breaks.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean as far as public opinion and media he has changed the world but has he really done anything policy-wise? Honestly presidental elections are just a distraction to what truly matters. No one talks about Secretary Mattis when it comes to war even though he probably makes those decisions and not Trump.

The president is just a media figure with specific powers that can only be used during war or tie breaks.
That's an incredibly dumb point because the president appoints secretaries. Just look at EPA. He more or less put people who wanted to gut EPA in charge of it. Saying he brought no changes in regards to policies just shows that you don't pay attention. He's alienated old allies in favor of literal authoritarians both verbally and through policies(throwing tariffs on allies while simultaneously trying to rid of sanctions on Russia).

ETHx

Kin
47💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>That's an incredibly dumb point because the president appoints secretaries. Just look at EPA. He more or less put people who wanted to gut EPA in charge of it. Saying he brought no changes in regards to policies just shows that you don't pay attention. He's alienated old allies in favor of literal authoritarians both verbally and through policies(throwing tariffs on allies while simultaneously trying to rid of sanctions on Russia).

I might be wrong on this but I believe that the president needs approval from someone before appointing. :) Of course he has made a few small changes regarding tariffs... But ultimately can you make a concrete list of things he has actually done to change the globe? Everything he's done has grabbed media's attention but 90% of it never gets done.

He is just a puppet. One man alone doesn't share all those thoughts.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
>That's an incredibly dumb point because the president appoints secretaries. Just look at EPA. He more or less put people who wanted to gut EPA in charge of it. Saying he brought no changes in regards to policies just shows that you don't pay attention. He's alienated old allies in favor of literal authoritarians both verbally and through policies(throwing tariffs on allies while simultaneously trying to rid of sanctions on Russia).

I might be wrong on this but I believe that the president needs approval from someone before appointing. :)Of course he has made a few small changes regarding tariffs... But ultimately can you make a concrete list of things he has actually done to change the globe? Everything he's done has grabbed media's attention but 90% of it never gets done.

He is just a puppet. One man alone doesn't share all those thoughts.
You're asking for a lot of backing to say your position(that Trump has no real global impact, which also implicates that tariffs don't) is far more extreme than my own, and your sentence before the last is analogous with "fake news" so I see where this is going. Red ties into my original point.

ETHx

Kin
47💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>ou're asking for a lot of backing to say your position(that Trump has no real global impact, which also implicates that tariffs don't) is far more extreme than my own, and your sentence before the last is analogous with "fake news" so I see where this is going. Red ties into my original point.

Besides tariffs, what was Trump actually able to put out without approval? If I remember correctly he was able to bypass congress to allow the 10% on certain metals because he felt the the trading of metals is a threat to national security.

It has nothing to do with fake news, Trump talks big all the time but have you ever seen the actual things he's talking about come to fruition? I still don't see a wall on the border. The president is like the student council president at your school who promises things they cant give freely without other people's permission. He can promise everything but not dish it out because there are things called rules + checks & balances.

like I said:

I mean as far as public opinion and media he has changed the world but has he really done anything policy-wise?

The only thing I've seen people talk about is tariffs with him as far as superceding certain groups in positional authority. Trump did not solely create whatever policies he brought up, there had to be groups of people who voted on what goes in and out. Again, house and congress have much more power than the president does as far as policies or bills.

Last edited:

Jerry Berry

Kin
3,505💸
Kumi
9,166💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm glad so many people are either pissed or pleased that a significant amount of voter participation has increased on either side of the party seperation. Other than that its garbage and I'm disgusted by his words and actions on an almost daily basis. Not that I'm surprised.

Eos

Kin
71💸
Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I honestly thought it would be worse by now...like a world war or something. Don't get me wrong, he's total scum and I hate the guy, but if he hasn't caught this country or another then I suppose I'm indifferent. Seems like a game of waiting for it to happen though. Trump is more or less a ticking time bomb.

Amelthea

Kin
9💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought it would be worse, but he is still not that great. He doesn't have people skills, he lacks empathy and compassion and he speaks as if he had zero education. He knows better or well, I hope so but he plays off of the stereotypical ignorant American voter. He won't be reelected. I get this feeling we will have a different out come next time around.

Reactions: Jerry Berry

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He had the funniest wax statue at Mme Toussaud in Berlin this summer. Anyone could put a blonde wig and some memes to make a pic.
OT, creates an insecure feeling at least for me. But I saw much worse politicians in my country so he is very good in comparison u.u

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It felt like watching a new instant hint comedy show that thrives one a unique concept, but consequently it was milked out so much to the point it became repetitive and annoying. Seeing the same predictable gags over and over again is cringeworthy.