Madara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To have transparency on a picture for either an avatar or signature on this site, which format do i have to use.

As i have tried .PNG with transparency on in Photoshop, however when i uploaded to the site for my avatar it did not make the area i wanted be transparent.

Madara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have exported it correctly, and i didnt want it for my profile, mainly for my avatar and signature which i am working on.

I've done loads with transparency creating themes for mobile devices however i cant seem to get it too work on here..

Phobos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's working for me, when does that problem occur? you have it transparent on HDD and when you use it as lets say ava it gets bg?

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,747💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
GIF and PNG support transparency, however I believe that when you upload and save the picture on NB it may transform it to JPG, and remove the transparency from it. Or if it just simply aren't set to accept transparency in the code of the site. Guess you'll just have to try :).

Reactions: Madara Uchiha

kisamexRocks

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
GIF and PNG support transparency, however I believe that when you upload and save the picture on NB it may transform it to JPG, and remove the transparency from it. Or if it just simply aren't set to accept transparency in the code of the site. Guess you'll just have to try :).
I really hope that you have read the post by Zise as it literally SOLVES your problem.

NarutoBase Profiles do NOT support transparency as to why your porifle picture is not transparent. You will have to deal with it like everyone else. But for your avatar and sinature it should work. Just your profile and albums I believe cannot be transparent. So upload from another site, not from Narutobase.

Anduril

Legendary
Kin
42💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have tried uploading it straight and also directly linking it from my Imageshack account however it is still getting a background >.<
Ya now well tell me it has a transparent background on your PC right?
and also it is transparent on the image uploading site right?
and the only place u see it non transparent is in a thread right?

Madara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for the help on this guys, i managed to get a attempt at my signature done today and it all works fine with the transparency.

The problem was if i clicked "save as" it would put a white background when i uploaded on here however i i select "save as for web & devices" it would stay transparent even on here..

kisamexRocks

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for the help on this guys, i managed to get a attempt at my signature done today and it all works fine with the transparency.

The problem was if i clicked "save as" it would put a white background when i uploaded on here however i i select "save as for web & devices" it would stay transparent even on here..
That isn't your problem.

I save my items through "Save As" and .PNG file and I have transparency. If you are uploading through NarutoBase. Don't. That is your problem. Upload from Imageshack or Photobucket. They support Transparency, while uploading directly by Narutobase doesnt give you Transparency.

Madara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That isn't your problem.

I save my items through "Save As" and .PNG file and I have transparency. If you are uploading through NarutoBase. Don't. That is your problem. Upload from Imageshack or Photobucket. They support Transparency, while uploading directly by Narutobase doesnt give you Transparency.
I also did it through image shack when i used "save as" and it gave me a white background that was my problem it only worked after i did "save for web & devices".