[Discussion] Toyotaro Under Fire (Super Illustrator)

00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well guys an gals.. DBS illustrator/Author is under fire for "tracing/coping" an image of Captain America for Son in the V-Jump art an lots of folks are in an uproar over it..

You must be registered for see images

Toyotaro posted this

Toyo-San stated:

The hand shape and whatnot are slightly different between the rough draft and finished cover. Indeed, the right hand is pretty clearly traced in the rough draft, but is pretty different in the finished version (well, except for the thumb)

I for1 don't think it's a big deal cause in some way, lots of artist of any forum copy/trace in their respected fields but usually not to a T..
In this case I would call it a form of flattering Cap, Marvel & the artist responsible for the art rather then taking his form or style for Son..
The body is difficult to draw in many angles an when some artist are better than others, it's not that uncommon for1 to trace it to only add their own mix to it.

I'd like to hear what you all think of the coping or tracing when it comes to anime/manga or any entertainment forum..

Carpchonay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well guys an gals.. DBS illustrator/Author is under fire for "tracing/coping" an image of Captain America for Son in the V-Jump art an lots of folks are in an uproar over it..

Toyotaro posted this

Toyo-San stated:

The hand shape and whatnot are slightly different between the rough draft and finished cover. Indeed, the right hand is pretty clearly traced in the rough draft, but is pretty different in the finished version (well, except for the thumb)

I for1 don't think it's a big deal cause in some way, lots of artist of any forum copy/trace in their respected fields but usually not to a T..
In this case I would call it a form of flattering Cap, Marvel & the artist responsible for the art rather then taking his form or style for Son..
The body is difficult to draw in many angles an when some artist are better than others, it's not that uncommon for1 to trace it to only add their own mix to it.

I'd like to hear what you all think of the coping or tracing when it comes to anime/manga or any entertainment forum..
Screw what they think. Thats like copywriting movement in real life.