Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I. my favorite scene was when he stabbed his coworker in his apartment. soley because of the little dude

but when he was like in the corner after he killed him, how he was shaking and freaking out was hilarious. then when he tried to leave but couldnt reach the lock on the door, little people are funny

II. was when he was dancing at the childrens hospital and the gun fell out of his pocket, that was funny as shit

III. that last talk show scene was good. but also that train scene that ended with him dancing was really good, either of those

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I. my favorite scene was when he stabbed his coworker in his apartment. soley because of the little dude

but when he was like in the corner after he killed him, how he was shaking and freaking out was hilarious. then when he tried to leave but couldnt reach the lock on the door, little people are funny

II. was when he was dancing at the childrens hospital and the gun fell out of his pocket, that was funny as shit

III. that last talk show scene was good. but also that train scene that ended with him dancing was really good, either of those
Also the moment when we find out that the times Arthur and Sophie were spending together were all in his head was pretty good too!

And that Batman origin at the end was nicely done!

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I agree these were some of the best moments, shame 2 of them didn't come until almost the very end.

I'm so happy the movie didn't actually inspire mass murderers like people assumed it was gonna do.

They should have ended the movie when he was on top of the car imo.
Of course it didn't, the people who thought it would are almost as insane as the people who would have been inspired to do so.

OT: Your scene 2 was one of my least favorite parts of this movie. I understand the undertone to the scene but it didn't need to happen at such a slow pace. That 1 1/2 minute felt like I was stuck in the bathroom with him gently twirling for hours.

Also can we stop praising the reasoning behind his laugh. Yes as a human it's a good cause but for the Joker it's not. Making his laugh a mental condition and not his enjoyment of pain, chaos and despair detract from the villainy of The Joker.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Also can we stop praising the reasoning behind his laugh. Yes as a human it's a good cause but for the Joker it's not. Making his laugh a mental condition and not his enjoyment of pain, chaos and despair detract from the villainy of The Joker.
do we know it wasnt his enjoyment of pain as well? that last scene it seemed like he laughed at the thought of the lady he was about to kill

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree these were some of the best moments, shame 2 of them didn't come until almost the very end.

Of course it didn't, the people who thought it would are almost as insane as the people who would have been inspired to do so.

OT: Your scene 2 was one of my least favorite parts of this movie. I understand the undertone to the scene but it didn't need to happen at such a slow pace. That 1 1/2 minute felt like I was stuck in the bathroom with him gently twirling for hours.

The laugh was a little off.
Doesn't fit the joker, would have made more sense if it wasn't the Joker, I think they tried to spin the concept of a laughnig clownish person literally.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The main difference between Joker 2019 and his other movie counterparts is that this movie gave Joker a "realistic" reason as to why he finally snapped and its understable why comic readers may have issues with it. In the other movies Joker is either a criminal who becomes crazy due to an accident (Nicholson) or he is introduced as a criminal mastermind without any backstory (Ledger) or he is already pre-established as Batman's villain (Leto)

Joaquin's Joker is somewhat of a fan service catered towards our generation where society or parents are to be blamed for the psychopaths created and only the rich can afford a place in this world.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The main difference between Joker 2019 and his other movie counterparts is that this movie gave Joker a "realistic" reason as to why he finally snapped and its understable why comic readers may have issues with it. In the other movies Joker is either a criminal who becomes crazy due to an accident (Nicholson) or he is introduced as a criminal mastermind without any backstory (Ledger) or he is already pre-established as Batman's villain (Leto)

Joaquin's Joker is somewhat of a fan service catered towards our generation where society or parents are to be blamed for the psychopaths created and only the rich can afford a place in this world.
I get it's a different take, I just didn't like the take. If it had just been a movie about a guy it would have been way more enjoyable for me because my brain wouldn't have kept chiming in about how it's not like the Joker at all.

That said I don't get the praise it's been getting either and the more I hear people say it was amazing the more I dislike it, and yes I know how crazy that is, but it was a bad Joker story and just an ok movie movie imo I don't get what people saw that was so mesmerizing.

Movie wise: The cinematography and scenery was standard nothing unique or exceptional, the acting was good but again nothing particularly exceptional.

Joker wise: He's about 30 years older than Bruce. He's existing before Bruce is Batman. He doesn't fall into ACE chemicals. Those are just what's off with his history, his appearance is a pretty big departure from anything Joker as well. As for performance I still think Ledger did better and Nicholson even had a better(more accurate and enjoyable) outing to me.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get it's a different take, I just didn't like the take. If it had just been a movie about a guy it would have been way more enjoyable for me because my brain wouldn't have kept chiming in about how it's not like the Joker at all.

That said I don't get the praise it's been getting either and the more I hear people say it was amazing the more I dislike it, and yes I know how crazy that is, but it was a bad Joker story and just an ok movie movie imo I don't get what people saw that was so mesmerizing.

Movie wise: The cinematography and scenery was standard nothing unique or exceptional, the acting was good but again nothing particularly exceptional.

Joker wise: He's about 30 years older than Bruce. He's existing before Bruce is Batman. He doesn't fall into ACE chemicals. Those are just what's off with his history, his appearance is a pretty big departure from anything Joker as well. As for performance I still think Ledger did better and Nicholson even had a better(more accurate and enjoyable) outing to me.
I think you have the same problem people are having with Watchmen.

They are not being faitful to the comics but taking the comics and making something that feels real from that.

It's similar to Batman Begins where you barely knew it was a Batman movie cus they tried so hard to place it in "our world", twisting it up and given some mysticisim and elements from the comicbooks.

This movie was like Joker begins.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think you have the same problem people are having with Watchmen.

They are not being faitful to the comics but taking the comics and making something that feels real from that.

It's similar to Batman Begins where you barely knew it was a Batman movie cus they tried so hard to place it in "our world", twisting it up and given some mysticisim and elements from the comicbooks.

This movie was like Joker begins.
Yeah I mean I know it's crazy but when I watch a movie that's "based" on characters I know and read then I want to see that represented in the film.

TBH the only Nolan Batman I really liked was Dark Knight. BB was good but it and DKR don't get rewatched too often. I really don't think Nolan had that good of a grasp on the character of Batman. He's supposed to be the greatest detective and master of 100's of martial arts right but his detective skills in the movie extended to "Where's the _____" and his martial arts.....Batman didn't throw a single head kick in 3 movies.

I'm fine with Watchmen HBO series because they've said leading in it would be a continuation of the story we got in the books/movie. Also not as familiar with it. Familiarity is connected to the level of acceptable deviations. The more I'm familiar with and like something the more accurate I want to see it.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah I mean I know it's crazy but when I watch a movie that's "based" on characters I know and read then I want to see that represented in the film.

TBH the only Nolan Batman I really liked was Dark Knight. BB was good but it and DKR don't get rewatched too often. I really don't think Nolan had that good of a grasp on the character of Batman. He's supposed to be the greatest detective and master of 100's of martial arts right but his detective skills in the movie extended to "Where's the _____" and his martial arts.....Batman didn't throw a single head kick in 3 movies.

I'm fine with Watchmen HBO series because they've said leading in it would be a continuation of the story we got in the books/movie. Also not as familiar with it. Familiarity is connected to the level of acceptable deviations. The more I'm familiar with and like something the more accurate I want to see it.
You are obviously not crazy it's a valid criticism, I don't know what route I would take if I was in charge of adapting something, I would probably want to respect the source material as much as possible.

I liked the movie but I'm not that invested in comics with Joker, or other adaptations so I guess it was made more for me than for those who are.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are obviously not crazy it's a valid criticism, I don't know what route I would take if I was in charge of adapting something, I would probably want to respect the source material as much as possible.

I liked the movie but I'm not that invested in comics with Joker, or other adaptations so I guess it was made more for me than for those who are.
I was being sarcastic lol. Not gonna lie it kinda sucks going into things with expectations because they rarely match up. I grew up watching Batman Animated series so just seeing Joker generally invokes Hamill's voice and laugh. I'm used to seeing the short slicked back hair rather than the Ledger/Phoenix hair. Ledgers performance has definitely altered the tone moving forward but sometimes I miss The Clown Prince of Crime version but gone are the days of overpowered joy buzzers and poison flowers and bang guns I suppose.

It's better to go in knowing less I feel.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was being sarcastic lol. Not gonna lie it kinda sucks going into things with expectations because they rarely match up. I grew up watching Batman Animated series so just seeing Joker generally invokes Hamill's voice and laugh. I'm used to seeing the short slicked back hair rather than the Ledger/Phoenix hair. Ledgers performance has definitely altered the tone moving forward but sometimes I miss The Clown Prince of Crime version but gone are the days of overpowered joy buzzers and poison flowers and bang guns I suppose.

It's better to go in knowing less I feel.
Mark Hamill is my fav joker, this made me change my impressions of Joker lol cus this was so much darker xD.