GreenTeaChloe

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An American girl on a shopping trip for her birthday was asked to leave a clothing store by an employee as she was "too big".

You must be registered for see images

Oregon teen Shelby Buster was on her first shopping trip without her mum on Saturday when she and a friend entered a Rue21 fashion store in Eugene only to receive a rude present.

"I walked in and the lady at the front counter said, 'Hey, you're too big to be in this store, I need you to leave'," the 14-year-old told KEZI 9 News.

Shelby and her friend then returned to Shelby's mother in the shopping centre food court and told her what happened.

"My mum came back to talk to them and they're like 'oh we're so sorry'," Shelby said.

"Seriously that's just disrespectful and rude. Just because I'm bigger than you guys are. I'm not a 14 or smaller. It makes no sense why they would do that.

"Shelby later complained about the incident on the company's Facebook page: "Thanks for ruining my birthday rue 21!"

The company's district manager told KEZI 9 News the store would look at surveillance footage as it investigates the incident.

Shelby and her mother are still yet to receive a formal apology.

Tell us when was the last time you were turned away?

Anbu578

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Me- not personally, but stores such as Abercrombie & Fitch don't want "overweight" people shopping at their stores as they say it will chase away skinnier clientele.

The7thHokage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That was f*cking stupid <_>

Seriously, lots of people dont feel bad about their weight, actually proud of it ( unless its health-threatening, only then you're called a dumbass ), so no one should criticize such a life choice.

Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the stores defense she does look pretty big. If I was the cashier I would've been like, "I'm sorry miss, but we don't have anything in Manatee size."

~Hebi Terumi~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She doesn't even look THAT big in my opinion. Yes, she's a big girl, but not so obese that you fear she's going to get a heart attack at any second. I've never personally seen an employee say that to a customer and I hope I never do, I hate that.

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the stores defense she does look pretty big. If I was the cashier I would've been like, "I'm sorry miss, but we don't have anything in Manatee size."
Or she could say Sorry Mam, you're mistaken our store to PRENATAL. U_U

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the Employee is a *****. No explanation for her action.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She doesn't even look THAT big in my opinion. Yes, she's a big girl, but not so obese that you fear she's going to get a heart attack at any second. I've never personally seen an employee say that to a customer and I hope I never do, I hate that.
Pretty much all this + what kind of employee says "Hey, I don't want your money." I mean, that's not good business either. You're then both an ass and an idiot.