0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"White Rainbow"

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga Chapter 86 Discussion and 87 Predictions

Discuss Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 86 here and predict the next chapter, Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 87

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 86 Discussion and 87 Predicitons

Holy ****, is Eto going to die? What an anticlimactic and sad end to her character, fodderized by Furuta.

I think you called it on Ken being the OEK, Ciao.

So they now have squad 0, :re and presumably what's left of Aogiri too assuming Ken takes over from Eto. V's got to have some broken fighters if they're going to take them on. I really hope Furuta isn't all there is to it.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

And with 1 chapter Ishida set in stone why he is the king of all Mangaka.
Makes you jaw drop when you think about that masterpiece we call part one was just a huge ****ing set up for all this.
Now get ready to wet yourself people, the real shit is starting now. RIP to the people who can't handle the mind blowing that will come.

Tension boogie woogie was made for this chapter. Seing Eto (one of my favorite baddies) like that was sad af..
I do not think that she's dead though. Eto is a very well written and complex character and with Ishida's writing skills he can get even more out of her.
Oh Arima.. every panel you pop up makes it harder for me accept you're death... but you had a wonderful ending and we'll never forget that.

Look at my boy Kaneki. Showing why he's the true OEK and ready to be the symbol of hope for both Ghouls and Human.
Let the Washuu slaughter fest start!
Do i have to say something about Hirako? Nah... came in like a boss and wrecked them all with a letter.

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

this was disappointing honestly, I had predicted chapters ago that eto was reffering arima as the OEK, and that Kaneki would take up the mantle.

but the fact that eto may die or is dead is piss poor writing, imo. If Ayato and Yomo survive and none of kaneki's close fodder friends dead, I will consider droping this manga its been a great read, but now it is start to become basic and predictable.

Reactions: Narushima

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

this was disappointing honestly, I had predicted chapters ago that eto was reffering arima as the OEK, and that Kaneki would take up the mantle.

but the fact that eto may die or is dead is piss poor writing, imo. If Ayato and Yomo survive and none of kaneki's close fodder friends dead, I will consider droping this manga its been a great read, but now it is start to become basic and predictable.
Ken becoming the OEK was probably predictable, good call on Arima being the bridge.

She has some plot armour going for her (Yoshimura asking Ken to 'save' her) but yeah, this is by far the most awful death in the manga if it happens. It's just random.

Reactions: SasukeUchiha910

Arima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Man, this chapter was awesome.

RIP Eto. It makes sense for her to die now, since Arima and her "have been keeping a throne of the king warm", and Arima is already dead.

Ayato might survive this, but I'm not so sure about Yomo.

Hirako is pure badass. Dude is confident in his decision. :T_T:

OMG. Kaneki looks like a dragon to me. But I hope he can regrow his limbs and go back to human form.

Lol, people hyped up Eto's abilities too much, and now can't accept her getting rekt. She had death flags ever since she has turned herself in, so I wouldn't be surprised if she actually died here.

Last edited:

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I get the feeling there was a whole lot of meaning lost in translation here. As always I suppose though.

Maaaannnn, Hirako's letter of resignation was probably my favorite panel, that was super funny. Not sure what Ken is doing in that second to last page, but he sure looks cool. Also, Aura has some nice poses if you know what I mean...

The Work

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Interesting.

So I assume Amon is working with Marude hence the situation that just happened with them.

Kaneki is probably going to take over as "a" OEK.

Now the Clowns was talking about meeting the king. I don't think they were talking about Kaneki. Maybe the Clowns see their king as Furuta.

This will cause an interesting set up.

Furuta vs. Kaneki

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So Arima actually found Eto a long time ago and never killed her intentionally to make plans to destroy V

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Come on, fuсking really? Eto can get off-screened by someone who apparently just revealed he's fairly strong, but Touka and co? Can anyone even count to however many times they got saved at the last moment? I can almost imagine a happy ending and reunion in the cafe.... ugh.

But other than the usual bullcrap surrounding the Anteiku buddies, this chapter contained excessive amounts of badass. Both Aura and Higher Mind-boy demonstrated they really are top notch (that Aura shot, though), Hirako was just... :lol, and Kaneki - well, I literally cannot think of a word other than badass to describe what I saw in his entrance.

Well, guess it's time to purge V and the Clowns.

Aya San

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

And people were making threads predicting how hard Eto would beat up Furuta and kill him

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

People are so salty that Eto is gonna die. What did you guys expect seriously. Logistically speaking, she needed killed off. She accomplished her goal and once someone of her power and influence is done moving the plot, they get killed off. There isn't a place for her anymore with kaneki taking the role of one-eyed king and aogiri being done for. I for one don't want her tagging alongside kaneki in the story to come so I think her death, and the hype of the next major plotline, and perhaps enemy, is a good way for her to go. Also, furuta is from the sunlit garden and is now a half-ghoul, he should be expected to be rather powerful with the likes of arima and kaneki being his predecessors in those categories.

Last edited:

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

People are so salty that Eto is gonna die. What did you guys expect seriously. Logistically speaking, she needed killed off. She accomplished her goal and once someone of her power and influence is done moving the plot, they get killed off. There isn't a place for her anymore with kaneki taking the role of one-eyed king and aogiri being done for. I for one don't want her tagging alongside kaneki in the story to come so I think her death, and the hype of the next major plotline, and perhaps enemy, is a good way for her to go. Also, furuta is from the sunlit garden and is now a half-ghoul, he should be expected to be rather powerful with the likes of arima and kaneki being his predecessors in those categories.
@BOLD: Pretty sure we were all excepting eto to die in this series, but like this is completely illogical, for her to die due to an off-screen fights injures, when she survived kaneki cutting her in half I mean come on......... unless the Pate she eat has something to do with it, but that is yet to be explained.

eto death should have been way better written and projected, honestly the way it is now is hollow and meaningless, Arima death was needed, but to have back to back plot deaths of heavily important character is lazy and weak.

And this is why I read berserk, because it skips the bullsh!t.

Last edited:

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

@BOLD: Pretty sure we were all excepting eto to die in this series, but like this is completely illogical, for her to die due to an off-screen fights injures, when she survived kaneki cutting her in half I mean come on......... unless the Pate she eat has something to do with it, but that is yet to be explained.

eto death should have been way better written and projected, honestly the way it is now is hollow and meaningless, Arima death was needed, but to have back to back plot deaths of heavily important character is lazy and weak.

And this is why I read berserk, because it skips the bullsh!t.
I am pretty sure the pate was the only thing she ate for awhile. As we know, ghouls need to eat to maintain their strength and if she hadn't eaten anything besides the pate, it would make it pretty hard to regenerate.

And it really isn't meaningless, or hollow. We have a a villain in her place now with unknown motives. Her death served to put furuta into the spotlight and to me that is fine. And considering the backstory between arima and eto, it makes complete sense they both die now at the same time. The one-eyed king of the ghouls and the one eyed-king of the CCG/humans are both making way for the one that represents both humans and ghouls.

One final note. Their fight wasn't off screen. She just got fodderized is all.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga Chapter 86 Discussion and 87 Predicitons

Anyone know where the anime left off in the manga? TG season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.