0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Hope and Suffering"

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga Chapter 71 Discussion and 72 Predictions

Discuss Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 71 here and predict the next chapter, Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 72

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it only me or Kaneki's kagune resembles IXA when he defends Yomo?

The showdown everyone was waiting for is here. Kaneki vs Arima rematch.

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, come on. A Yomo flashback, and he'll most likely live? I'm kinda starting to feel slightly sorry for all the crap Arima has to go through alone.

By far the least enjoyable chapter so far for me. I swear, there better not be a teary reunion between the Anteiku waiters at the end of this.

I have no idea what happened the last 3 pages
Yomo demonstrated he has the same lightning ability as Narukami, confirming that is indeed a quinque made from his sister's kagune. Arima blocks, and shoots out a stream himself. In that incoming blast, Yomo sees his sister greeting him. Just before it hits him, Ken shows up and blocks it with his kagune.

Honestly, how many times was the "saved-at-the-last-second" trope used these past two chapters?

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, come on. A Yomo flashback, and he'll most likely live? I'm kinda starting to feel slightly sorry for all the crap Arima has to go through alone.

By far the least enjoyable chapter so far for me. I swear, there better not be a teary reunion between the Anteiku waiters at the end of this.

Yomo demonstrated he has the same lightning ability as Narukami, confirming that is indeed a quinque made from his sister's kagune. Arima blocks, and shoots out a stream himself. In that incoming blast, Yomo sees his sister greeting him. Just before it hits him, Ken shows up and blocks it with his kagune.

Honestly, how many times was the "saved-at-the-last-second" trope used these past two chapters?
i really don't want arima to die here

Sasuke tyeezy

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So much more could've been achieved, I feel like the was a chapter straight from Naruto tbh. Its one of my least favorable but at least we know that next week will be action packed with likely little to no flashbacks.

Also am I the only one that is waiting for Touka & Ayato to find out that Yomo is their uncle. For some reason im dying for that reveal.
I think i depise dramatic irony.

Anywho, Im not really fit to complain especially considering that the author gives us chapters with a lot of action quite frequently, honestly no one should be upset when he slows down the story a little. When the manga is actually over you'll respect & understand why Ishida put flashbacks. We're only complaining atm because we're receiving the story one chapter at a time.

Sasuke tyeezy

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i really don't want arima to die here
Honestly I think its possible, It all depends on how long Ishida plans to write this manga.

If the ending is still far off I doubt Arima'll die here, however Ishida does write unpredictably when compared to other mangaka's so there's that.

Last edited:

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly I think its possible, It all depends on how long Ishida plans to write this manga.

If the ending is still far off I doubt Arima'll die here, however Ishida does write unpredictably when compared to other mangaka's so there's that.
Narukami is about to break so that leaves him with only IXA
Idk if Arima can take on Kaneki with IXA alone plus he is outnumbered
Arima could still be bad ass enough to do work but its super unlikely

I hope Kaneki spares Arima like Arima did him

Sasuke tyeezy

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Narukami is about to break so that leaves him with only IXA
Idk if Arima can take on Kaneki with IXA alone plus he is outnumbered
Arima could still be bad ass enough to do work but its super unlikely

I hope Kaneki spares Arima like Arima did him
@ Bold: Very Kaneki-like tbh.

Also a number of situations could come up where one or both sides have to retreat.

The gas could reach them leaving Kaneki & co defenseless so they would have to leave. Also someone could get gravely injured so they would have to leave, or CCG could send reinforcements Kaneki & co would have no other option but to retreat. You know the cliche writing niches. The plus side would be that 2 fan favorites survive & more possibilities for each to be used. The down side would be that they could be feeling eachother out the entire fight so we never see them go all out.

Before any of that happens though, Im positive we'll get a solid chapter of Kaneki vs Arima, hopefully more.

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@ Bold: Very Kaneki-like tbh.

Also a number of situations could come up where one or both sides have to retreat.

The gas could reach them leaving Kaneki & co defenseless so they would have to leave. Also someone could get gravely injured so they would have to leave, or CCG could send reinforcements Kaneki & co would have no other option but to retreat. You know the cliche writing niches. The plus side would be that 2 fan favorites survive & more possibilities for each to be used. The down side would be that they could be feeling eachother out the entire fight so we never see them go all out.

Before any of that happens though, Im positive we'll get a solid chapter of Kaneki vs Arima, hopefully more.
what do we know about Eto right now? Any chance she got out and maybe found Furuta unconscious or escapes?

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OK I only have one question.....

Where the heck is Hinami :|

If Kaneki left her alone then there is a chance that Furuta might go after her.

Pls don't tell me he let her go on her own or brought her back with him :T_T:

Sasuke tyeezy

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what do we know about Eto right now? Any chance she got out and maybe found Furuta unconscious or escapes?
We haven't seen anything of her since the little "talk" with Furuta. I honestly don't see the manga ending anytime soon so I doubt we'll get to see a confrontation of all three sides eg: Eto, Kaneki, & Arima.

However regarding her escape, escape is fairly possible as Eto is quite witty. If she finds a unconscious Furuta I wouldn't put it past her to give him to Kanou just to make more powerful hybrids and stuff, since she honestly doesn't seem like the type to torture someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.