Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Filament"

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga Chapter 42 Discussion and 43
Predictions

Discuss Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 42 here and predict the next chapter, Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 43

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great dialogue chapter. Loved the interactions of the characters.
Shirazu is really growing more and more on me. Was nice to see his story and also that he care so much for his brother and finally wants to get stronger for that purpose.

The best part for me was Shuu and Touk/Nishiki. So awesome that Touka said re: is there to give Kaneki a home when he gets his memories back and has nowhere to go. They really care for him and i think even Shuu understood why they didn't try anything to make him remember, but being so obsessed with him he won't stop as he said.

Still, i want Touka to do so we can get our old gang back. You better didn't find a guy Touka, you belong to Kaneki, girl!

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shirazu is really growing more and more on me. Was nice to see his story and also that he care so much for his brother and finally wants to get stronger for that purpose.

The best part for me was Shuu and Touk/Nishiki. So awesome that Touka said re: is there to give Kaneki a home when he gets his memories back and has nowhere to go. They really care for him and i think even Shuu understood why they didn't try anything to make him remember, but being so obsessed with him he won't stop as he said.

Still, i want Touka to do so we can get our old gang back. You better didn't find a guy Touka, you belong to Kaneki, girl!
That is foreshadowing :bdpf:
Sasaki/ Kaneki is going to leave the CCG eventually

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it me or do you think the plot will jab us in th gut by have haise pick of his old friends one by one in the name of a mission, while slowly regain the lost fragments of his old memories, and then finally he takes out the of them his most beloved, only to be left with nothing. Similar to naked snake and him killing the his beloved and mentor.

Fk I played to much MGS, smh.

On topic: nice chapter but its a 3 in my opinion.

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well this was a pain of a wait but this was a great chapter, I agree with what Natsu said. Wonder if Shu will try to contact Hinami, maybe he will gt her out, Oho?

Agent Phrank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That is foreshadowing :bdpf:
Sasaki/ Kaneki is going to leave the CCG eventually
Ouch.
:re chapter 8

-Touching chin while answering if he's satisfied with his current life as a CCG investigator

TG Chapter 118:

Kaneki pls.

Touka is in denial; We all know she craves that Kanekipede.

"It's better that way."
Touka pls.

And then a subtle change of tone and expression:
Look at her last panel.

"Also I understand his feelings."

- - - - - - - - - -(cut here) - - - - - - -
OT:

The anecdote on humans having RC cells was really interesting. It was implied back in TG that humans contain RC cells but now it's confirmed:

What is the missing link?

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (aka Mad Cow Disease) has a similar occurrence rate of 1 in 1 million.

The cause for CJD is inconclusive but prions are likely to blame.
-Cannibalism is also noted to cause/spread this.

It's a prion disorder:
And prions are basically abnormally folded proteins; they're not "alive"

Prion proteins occur in both a normal form, which is a harmless protein found in the body’s cells, and in an infectious form, which causes disease. The harmless and infectious forms of the prion protein have the same sequence of amino acids (the "building blocks" of proteins) but the infectious form of the protein takes a different folded shape than the normal protein.
- - - -
Cannibalism:

And how some cannibal tribes have acquired immunity from these disorders. (No risks in eating other people)
-
But now, some members of the tribe carry a gene that appears to protect against kuru, as well as other so-called "prion diseases," such as mad cow, a new study finds.

The findings could help researchers better understand these fatal brain diseases, and develop treatments for people who have the diseases, the researchers said.

Thus we get closer into discovering relationship between ghouls and humans.

- - - - - - - - - - -(cut here) - - -
Interesting chapter; we're heading towards the big plan.

7.4/10

Bonus:

Those german words (graffiti) =
Unte Blinden ist der Einäugige König = which translates to “Among the blind, the one-eyed man is king“.

- Alluding to Aogiri tree, Yoshi, and Eto
and

“Wer die Wahl hat, hat die Qual” = “The bigger the choice, the harder it is to choose.” Or “Whoever has the choice, has the torment/agony.”

-Probably alluding to torture or Kaneki's conflict between his CCG life and his former memories.

-thanks google translate, te amo

Last edited:
Reactions: Arima
Status
Not open for further replies.