16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"What Time Works For You?"

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga Chapter 122 Discussion and 123 Predictions

Discuss Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 122 here and predict the next chapter, Tokyo Ghoul:Re Manga 123

BEGIN READING HERE @ CRUNCHYROLL

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just love the slow paced chapters of TG. Ishida knows how to set the mood and makes you go nicely with the flow.
It's great to finally see more and more Kaneki and Touka moments. It's one of the things what made the original Manga a masterpiece and it was time to have her more spotlight in re.

Not really a shipper, but i'm glad to see KxT. They are cute together and she's what our King needs.. though i will not be too happy about it. Knowing Ishida there will be a great chance he will destroy the happiness of this. lol

Last edited:

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Normally I’m the guy who’s completely indifferent to pairings and romantic subplots in manga, the Kaneki/Touka pairing is the only exception, the only pairing in manga/anime that I’ve ever ‘shipped’ – mainly because, aside from their interactions in the original making that manga as others have said, they are the quintessential yin and yang archetype, from their main character themes of loneliness and abandonment, down to their basic personalities (Kaneki’s subtlety verses Touka’s forthrightness in this chapter is a good example).

This was perfectly executed. It was not an open confession on the part of Touka, though I suspect we will indeed get an open confession at some point too, likely when she is in mortal danger in the upcoming subplot she has been foreshadowed to be involved in.

And it flows well – the last time the two had an open heart to heart conversation was all the way back in the original in the bridge chapter when Touka basically told Kaneki “f*ck you,” something she would deeply regret, and this talk serves as a clarification of her original and current intentions to Kaneki, which were and are the opposite of what he had interpreted it to be.

That the conversation was also put to an end was also a good development as, since Kaneki had no clue up to this point how Touka felt about him at all, it is realistic that he is given some time to mull things over the nature of their relationship, which is clearly mutual love.

Kaneki and Touka in the original Tokyo Ghoul were probably my favourite manga hero and heroine main character archetype, and the making of Touka into a side-character in re is one of the few grips I have with the sequel. I can only hope that Ishida keeps Touka and Kaneki together from here on to the end, and that if either have to die, it’s after their respective character arcs have been wholly developed at the conclusion.

Edit: I just remembered that Touka opened :re for Kaneki's return and that its closure has symbolic significance if it ties to Kaneki finally asking Touka to come with him (i.e. Kaneki has indeed returned to Touka). Man this pairing is a literary gem, I couldn't touch all of the surface even if I tried.

Last edited:

Kanino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Will be fun to see how good Ishida is with the romance.
It will definitely be ghoulish. Not sure how else i could describe it xD
I think he'll be fine with it, I think he's been doing a good job with Hinami and ayato and did a great job with Mado and Amon