realobito1

Veteran
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what is up with todoroki's quirk, i mean it is two quirks in one. From what we know children inheret their parents quirks or some combination of them. Todoroki got both a fire and ice quirk because of this. However, he is the only person in the series who has anything like this. With the giant variety in quirks their must have been other people with vastly different quirks who got married, there is not one other quirk that i can think of in the series that basically operates as two quirks. I dont think there is probably a real answer for this, just thought it would be a good point of discussion, do you think the author has thought about this at all?

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats because they were complimentary quirks, say for example Kachaan had a baby with Uraraka, the resulting quirk would be completely different or one or the other, since they are entirely different and have no resemblance to each other. It could also be the case that the other characters back stories havent been developed enough since Lidas parents are unknown. ect

realobito1

Veteran
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats because they were complimentary quirks, say for example Kachaan had a baby with Uraraka, the resulting quirk would be completely different or one or the other, since they are entirely different and have no resemblance to each other. It could also be the case that the other characters back stories havent been developed enough since Lidas parents are unknown. ect
yeah this is a good idea, I just think there should be atleast one more example in the series, especially considering the idea of quirk marriages has already been established, definitely something interesting that is worth exploring

Reactions: Clown World

Valhalla

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what is up with todoroki's quirk, i mean it is two quirks in one. From what we know children inheret their parents quirks or some combination of them. Todoroki got both a fire and ice quirk because of this. However, he is the only person in the series who has anything like this. With the giant variety in quirks their must have been other people with vastly different quirks who got married, there is not one other quirk that i can think of in the series that basically operates as two quirks. I dont think there is probably a real answer for this, just thought it would be a good point of discussion, do you think the author has thought about this at all?
Shoto does have two quirks in a way that compliment each other very well. Like you said that was due to a quirk marriage and the boding of two quirks to have both his mom and dads DNA manifest themselves in one guy. But as we can see in the series Shoto has many brothers and sisters that his father basically looks at as failed experiments. It hasn't been stated but definitely hinted that they didn't manifest both parents powers to the level of Shoto. He is a rare specimen in the idea of bonding quirks.

Also I know it came to be by different means, but technically Midoriya has two quirks as well. The quirk to stockpile power with the quirk to transfer a person's quirk to another.