[Discussion] Todoroki Is Basically Zuko from TLA?

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I never thought about that until now. When comes to their parental situations, both were traumatized by abuse and their mothers, who they loved were abused as well (Zuko's mother most likely killed ofc).

Their fathers are powerful, especially their fire based abilities (Zuko's Dad being an emperor/Todoroki's dad being the #2 Hero)

And they also suffered physical scars, however, under different circumstances (Shoto's mom throwing boiling water on him/Zuko's father burning him in a duel). Ironically, their scars are on the same side.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

What are your thoughts on this? :wut:

Last edited:

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Similar circumstances. But also different. All Zuko wanted was his father’s approval and his anger was a result of not having it.

Todoroki wants nothing to do with his father other than to deny any part of him. But I do see the simarities you speak of.

Zuko matured and moved past this anger. I’m sure Todoroki will too when all’s said and done.

kiragaaraisME

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They have things in common, just like Gaara has things in common with them but there are always slight differences. Yeah theg might have the burn/scar(s) or the father issues but they each have things that make them each unique. All these guys are very interesting, they all have the main character change them. For Todoroki it’s Deku, for Zuko it’s Aang, for Gaara it’s Naruto. But they each grew up slightly different. I see what your saying since they act pretty similar and have similar things that happened but they are not all 100% the same. Nice post though :)

Valhalla

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you really think about it it all comes down to their scares. If Todoroki didn't have one no one would compare the two characters except for a verses battle to say whos fire is stronger. Todorokis Scar is most likely a call back to Zuko.