Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, before we begin proper why don't you run down everything you know about Toads from the Narutoverse. I'd like you to be as general as possible - explain the Toads as a whole, and what a majority of the Toads have in common (if you want talk about their home, common abilities, techniques that can be passed to summoners, etc.). Don't waste time going through each Toad one by one, that's our job to do later, but at the same time try to be thorough. If I see a one-line reply to the effect of "They're kind of like frogs", I will as for an essay.

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think that toads is commonly used as just another name for frogs. But for people that take taxanomy a little more seriously, Most frogs have longer legs and smooth skins covered in mucus, whereas toads generally have shorter legs and rougher/thicker skins.

In narutoverse toads are the summoning creatures that reside in Mt Myoboku. Found within that place would be everything from little tadpoles to great toad sages.

Appearance :Shapes of toads in naruto are basically the same as a Real life toad. They have some sort of tattoos or patterns on their bodies. They also have different colors. Size varies from very small toads that can sit on the hands of a person to towering toads like Gamabunta that practically was the same size as the one tail Bijuu.

Toad abilities :Toads might actually be the most powerful of summons. They have a wide range of abilities. They are able to weave hand seals as a normal ninja, perform ninjutsu, genjutsu and even some taijutsu like kicks and punches. They are able to utilize elemental jutsu like water bullets or fire streams. They can release oil. There are toads also able to wield blades and perform Kenjutsu attacks. They have a knowledge of Senjutsu and can utilize nature energy. Toads are also known to be quite agile and can jump up equal to height of several buildings as displayed multiple times in the manga/anime, albeit, it depends on the size and strength of the toad.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good. I was primarily looking for you to touch on their use of Oil techniques and Kenjutsu, but Toads as a whole are well versed in a wide array of combat styles, as you've pointed out.

So, the first thing you need to learn with any contract are the summons themselves. So step up, sign the scroll, and then go through summoning each of these three B-rank toads. Interact with them, let me know what they're good for. When it comes to learning standard skills, it only really matters to understand a technique, how it's used, and its drawbacks. When learning summonings, you need to understand which summoning is best use in what situations, as well as their strengths and limitations, and then be concerned about how you use contract-related techniques (such as oil) through them. It's similar to shogi - you gain a temporary ally, and in general they can only be used once per battle each, so it's important to know when to use who.

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: Gamariki is one of the most unique toad summons from mount Myobokuzan. Although with a very feminine appearance and behavior, he's actually a male (this contrast has lead to many comedic scenes between him and naruto). Slightly bigger than a human, he is a capable toad warrior, with the ability to use Water techniques up to A-Rank, Genjutsu up to B-Rank as well as like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Note: can only be summoned once

Description: Gamatatsu is the younger son of Gamabunta and Gamakichi's younger brother. Contrasting with his brother and father, he has a somewhat aloof and awkward personality, general distracted from battle and his surroundings. Despite this, along with his brother, he has been training to become a Toad Warrior. Standing more or less with the same height as his brother (similar to a human), he can fight in hand to hand combat, albeit with a lower skill than his brother, but can also use Water techniques up to A-Rank. Similar to most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Note: requires signing of the Toad Contract.

Description: Is the first toad named in the series. Gamachu is a mid-level toad that first appears when Jiraiya is introduced. Gamachu is always seen wearing samurai armor in battle. When he first appeared in the manga, Gamachu seems to strike the same type of pose as Jiraiya, as he would also seem to have become the personal summon of Jiraiya. This toad seems to be the keeper of the Toad Summoning contract scroll and unlike every other toad ever seen, Gamachu has not yet been seen talking, only quaking once or twice and mainly in the anime. In terms of appearance, the kanji on the necklace around his neck means "friendship," perhaps alluding to the fact that Jiraiya summons him in more relaxed situations. Only slightly smaller than a human, Gamachu is a very capable warrior specializing in Kenjutsu techniques. He can use both skills up to S-Rank as well as Strong Fist taijutsu (non EIG). Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good. I was primarily looking for you to touch on their use of Oil techniques and Kenjutsu, but Toads as a whole are well versed in a wide array of combat styles, as you've pointed out.

So, the first thing you need to learn with any contract are the summons themselves. So step up, sign the scroll, and then go through summoning each of these three B-rank toads. Interact with them, let me know what they're good for. When it comes to learning standard skills, it only really matters to understand a technique, how it's used, and its drawbacks. When learning summonings, you need to understand which summoning is best use in what situations, as well as their strengths and limitations, and then be concerned about how you use contract-related techniques (such as oil) through them. It's similar to shogi - you gain a temporary ally, and in general they can only be used once per battle each, so it's important to know when to use who.

Description: Gamariki is one of the most unique toad summons from mount Myobokuzan. Although with a very feminine appearance and behavior, he's actually a male (this contrast has lead to many comedic scenes between him and naruto). Slightly bigger than a human, he is a capable toad warrior, with the ability to use Water techniques up to A-Rank, Genjutsu up to B-Rank as well as like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Description: Gamatatsu is the younger son of Gamabunta and Gamakichi's younger brother. Contrasting with his brother and father, he has a somewhat aloof and awkward personality, general distracted from battle and his surroundings. Despite this, along with his brother, he has been training to become a Toad Warrior. Standing more or less with the same height as his brother (similar to a human), he can fight in hand to hand combat, albeit with a lower skill than his brother, but can also use Water techniques up to A-Rank. Similar to most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Note: requires signing of the Toad Contract.

Description: Is the first toad named in the series. Gamachu is a mid-level toad that first appears when Jiraiya is introduced. Gamachu is always seen wearing samurai armor in battle. When he first appeared in the manga, Gamachu seems to strike the same type of pose as Jiraiya, as he would also seem to have become the personal summon of Jiraiya. This toad seems to be the keeper of the Toad Summoning contract scroll and unlike every other toad ever seen, Gamachu has not yet been seen talking, only quaking once or twice and mainly in the anime. In terms of appearance, the kanji on the necklace around his neck means "friendship," perhaps alluding to the fact that Jiraiya summons him in more relaxed situations. Only slightly smaller than a human, Gamachu is a very capable warrior specializing in Kenjutsu techniques. He can use both skills up to S-Rank as well as Strong Fist taijutsu (non EIG). Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

With the scroll being handed to Yashiro he takes a bite out of his right index finger, and signs his name on the contract in his blood. He then uses the blood flowing from said finger and places some on each finger on his right hand and marks the bottom of his name with his fingerprints.

With the contract now signed he draws some more blood from his finger and performs a few hand seals before slamming his hand to the ground. Upon his hand being slammed to the ground, a formula appears beneath it before a poof of smoke appears to reveal a single toad. Following the same process, he would summon all 3 toads to the field.

Gamariki: Hello, MEN. How may Gamariki be of service?

The first toad says, with his eyes battering and his hands clasped together beside his face. The second summoned toad appeared with a chocolate wrapper within his right hand.

Gamatatsu: Hey!!! Where did my snack go? I was so hungry...Tsk..

Yashiro reaches in his bag and takes out a bag of potato chips. "Here, enjoy."

The third and final toad summoned remains silent and only gathers the scroll Yashiro had just signed, placing it between it's lips.

OOC: As for what these toads are good for in my opinion; As it seems..or rather as a matter of fact, a unique trait among all toads are their oil. Every toad has the ability to release a flammable oil from their mouths. Then certain toads have elemental access, such as water release and wind release. The first toad summoned, Gamariki has the ability to use illusions, albeit, only upto b-rank. For those that would wanna make use of b-rank and below illusions without doing it themselves as to utilize their time with a different attack simultaneously. Then Gamachu seems more on the side of close quarter combat, being able to make use of kenjutsu and taijutsu up to S-rank. Quite impressive for a B-ranked toad.

I don't really have much else to say, if I am being honest. If there is anything important I might not have covered just let me know.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's not much to say about these Toads, aside from the B-rank Toad that uses S-rank Ken and Tai. Aside from that, Gamatatsu would be the least useful of the three, as Gamakiri can do everything he can, but with B-rank illusions. If all you want is some Oil techniques, Gamatatsu should probably be your go-to Toad, seeing as the others have additional abilities they specialize in.

So, as long as you're a Jonin, the last Toads you can learn are the 2 A-rank ones:

Chakra: 30
Description: Gamaken is a gigantic toad warrior, similar in size to Gamabunta and Gamahiro. He acts as one of the usual companions of Jiraya and is considered one of the top warriors amongst the toads of Myobokuzan. Possessing a shy and modest personality, he defines himself as slow and ungraceful. However, that contrasts severely with his battle abilities and physical prowess. Wielding a sasumata and a shield (resembling a sakasuki), he is a very capable and dangerous close combat warrior. His size is accompanied by a proportionate physical strength and an unusual agility and speed, being immune to any ninjutsu B-Rank and below. He is capable of using Taijutsu moves (mainly variations of Strong Fist) but, if given a proportional sword, also Kenjutsu. Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.
Note: Requires signing of Toad Contract

Description: Gamahiro is a gigantic toad warrior, rivaling the size of Gamaken and Gamabunta. Although little is known of his personality, as he isn't too keen to speaking, he embodies the true essence of a warrior. Sometimes summoned above an enemy to crush it to death, his main abilities are his prowess in close combat and his mastery in wielding his twin katanas (strapped on his back). A master of Taijutsu (mainly variations of Strong Fist) and Kenjutsu (mainly dual wielding Kenjutsu), he is a very dangerous close combat warrior. With strength and agility that rivals Gamaken's, he's generally dispicted as one of the top warriors amongst the toads of Myobokuzan, a fitting condition that is further proven by his immunity to all B-Rank and below ninjutsu. Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques. A trait unique to him is that from the large toads, Gamahiro is the only one so far seen summoned using the (Kuchiyose: Yatai Kuzushi no Jutsu) Summoning Technique: Food Cart Destroyer to crush an enemy.

These two are essentially the same toad - close combat experts, with one carrying a sasumata and shield, while the other carries dual katanas. Gamaken does not have his own sword to utilize Kenjutsu with, but if you can provide him with a large sword (aside from summoning him with Gamahiro, I don't know how you'd do that) he's very skilled in kenjutsu. They both have defenses, which is good to keep in mind. I'm still waiting to hear back definitively what rank of Tai and Ken they can use to, but I shouldn't hold up your training just to hear about that (just know that I don't know for certain).

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's not much to say about these Toads, aside from the B-rank Toad that uses S-rank Ken and Tai. Aside from that, Gamatatsu would be the least useful of the three, as Gamakiri can do everything he can, but with B-rank illusions. If all you want is some Oil techniques, Gamatatsu should probably be your go-to Toad, seeing as the others have additional abilities they specialize in.

So, as long as you're a Jonin, the last Toads you can learn are the 2 A-rank ones:

Description: Gamaken is a gigantic toad warrior, similar in size to Gamabunta and Gamahiro. He acts as one of the usual companions of Jiraya and is considered one of the top warriors amongst the toads of Myobokuzan. Possessing a shy and modest personality, he defines himself as slow and ungraceful. However, that contrasts severely with his battle abilities and physical prowess. Wielding a sasumata and a shield (resembling a sakasuki), he is a very capable and dangerous close combat warrior. His size is accompanied by a proportionate physical strength and an unusual agility and speed, being immune to any ninjutsu B-Rank and below. He is capable of using Taijutsu moves (mainly variations of Strong Fist) but, if given a proportional sword, also Kenjutsu. Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques.

Description: Gamahiro is a gigantic toad warrior, rivaling the size of Gamaken and Gamabunta. Although little is known of his personality, as he isn't too keen to speaking, he embodies the true essence of a warrior. Sometimes summoned above an enemy to crush it to death, his main abilities are his prowess in close combat and his mastery in wielding his twin katanas (strapped on his back). A master of Taijutsu (mainly variations of Strong Fist) and Kenjutsu (mainly dual wielding Kenjutsu), he is a very dangerous close combat warrior. With strength and agility that rivals Gamaken's, he's generally dispicted as one of the top warriors amongst the toads of Myobokuzan, a fitting condition that is further proven by his immunity to all B-Rank and below ninjutsu. Like most toads, he can use Oil techniques. A trait unique to him is that from the large toads, Gamahiro is the only one so far seen summoned using the (Kuchiyose: Yatai Kuzushi no Jutsu) Summoning Technique: Food Cart Destroyer to crush an enemy.

These two are essentially the same toad - close combat experts, with one carrying a sasumata and shield, while the other carries dual katanas. Gamaken does not have his own sword to utilize Kenjutsu with, but if you can provide him with a large sword (aside from summoning him with Gamahiro, I don't know how you'd do that) he's very skilled in kenjutsu. They both have defenses, which is good to keep in mind. I'm still waiting to hear back definitively what rank of Tai and Ken they can use to, but I shouldn't hold up your training just to hear about that (just know that I don't know for certain).
Given the fact that both of them are kenjutsu and taijutsu masters, I would say that they have access to S-Rank and below taijutsu and kenjutsu. But that is just my opinion, as in our RP also, in order to be a master of an element or ability, you would have required complete training in that ability or element.

Furthermore, both these toads are seem to be close combat masters in both appearance, size and strength. They are also both pretty agile for their size, able to quickly maneuver their way around the battlefield and in combat. I wouldn't say that either would mak good company given that one is very modest and the other does't speak at all. So their purpose would only be for battle. Each are also capable of tanking B rank and below ninjutsu making them great for defensive purposes as well.