Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's the question...

I've done this with the previous trainings too before starting with the techique's etc.
I want you to tell me what you know about my style and about using a whip in general? What are they used for, what kind of whips are there etc.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sounds reasonable enough. As I see the style, it pertains for the utilization of whips in battle, employing a tact-cast Genjutsu through the contact of the whip with the target's chakra body, connecting the user's chakra to the target chakra pathway, and cause illusions through that disruption.

A whip is, in essence, anything that relies on the elasticity of a weapon or material in order to cause damage through the sudden release of potential energy in the arrest of kinetic energy. With that being said, a whip can be anything from a bendy stick to a large elastic rope. The better known one is of course the bullwhip, which is a leather-braided elongated weapon, composed of an handle and a long and flexible lash. The crackling comes from applying force to the handle, which is augmented as it travels to the tip, so much so that the tip can break the sound barrier. It, of course, hurts.

There are plenty of whip designs, some with shorter or longer lengths, some with more than one lash, some with knotted tips, or with blades, weights or other attachments, to increase the damage output. I intend to use a lot of different styles of weapons, but I will focus more on the bullwhip style, because it has the greatest adaptability in battle and longer range, while still being quite useful in close combat for entrapment and constriction, not just outright damage.

These, of course, focus on the Physical aspect of the Whip Arts. In order to fully utilize the Arts, one must employ a different style of whipping. It can be said that, in order to apply a Genjutsu, there must be a gentler stroke, or the pain will nullify the Genjutsu casting. As I said, you must focus chakra on the whip and then strike opponent. The chakra on the whip will disrupt the target's chakra pathway, and, through that disruption, cause an illusion.

Though I would assume it could be just as efficient (or even more efficient) to simply cast the genjutsu through contact with the whip. Binding techniques aren't necessarily damaging, so not only would we constrict an opponent physically, we could also constrict him/her mentally. And the addition of punctual elemental chakra would also allow the whip arts to figth at par with many othe rclose quarter combat styles, and even with a varied range of ninjutsu techniques.

I'm assuming we could also create some techniques that manufacture our own whips, so that we're not bound by summoning techniques or the requirement of bringing a whip with us. We could also work on that.

Anyway, I really like the style. Whips have been used since ancient times as a way to subjugate animals to humans, and humans to other humans. It is a weapon of empowerment and submission. The addition of Genjutsu just outlines that symbology, as we're not only imposing ourselves physically, we're also taking command of their mentality and consciousness. I particularly like the reference of the third jutsu to the disney princess (though it was a folk's tale quite a few generations before the Disney version). I would love to make it the theme of the style, we'd be whipping our enemies with fairy tales and nursery rhymes. It would be deliciously ironic xD

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice, I think you kinda covered it all. Simple said, Whip Arts combines at some points physical and mental damage, by inducing the illusion trough contact. As the illusions will be subtle their won't be a lot of reasons for your target to notice that he actually is inside a genjutsu. I mean, with an illusion that creates lave underneath someone, and the attacker is a Hyuuga of Uchiha member, there is no way they could create lava out of nowhere.

So the first technique will be Devil's Rage. Explain to me how you think the techique works.

(Hoippu Geijutsu: Akuma no ikari) | Whip Arts: Devils Rage
Type: Attack
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: The user will move the whip around his body while channelling his chakra trough the whip. As the whip hits the opponent, a small amount of chakra of the users chakra will disrupt the opponent’s chakra flow, putting him under a subtle genjutsu B-Rank jutsu where he will feel a burning pain coming from the muscle's that are near the hit point. This pain will increase over the next 2 turns, if not broken out from the Genjutsu, until the opponent has the feeling that pain is too much, and can't use the hit limb any more, until broken out of the genjutsu.
Note: Requires Hoippu Geijutsu training
Note: Can only be taught by -Severus Snape-

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I already covered technical aspects of the genjutsu inducing properties of the whip arts, so the only difference is to describe the illusion. In essence, it takes that burning feeling of being whipped and enhances it, which is totally suitable for a chakra-covered whip. So I totally get the subtle aspect you wanted to give the arts, and I like it.

As for the technique itself, it lasts 2 turns or is that just the duration of the pain increase into paralysis of the member? That is, does the genjutsu last indefinitely or just 2 turns? Also, is this technique accountable to just one whipping or can I deliver multiple slashes?
And, if I stack slashes, will it increase the pain or will it simply neutralize the previous slash?

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It takes two more turns after applied to complete the parylisation, the way I see it, it will last until broken out of the genjutsu. Each time the technique is used, only one slash would really deal out the genjutsu, only on the limb that is being hit. As for the stacking, I don't think that will work, as there is a large likelyhood that the physical attack will snap the opponent out of the genjutsu.

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, let's continue then. Same as before

(Hoippu Geijutsu: Indiana no Hanketsu ) | Whip Arts: Indiana's Judgement
Type: Attack/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: This technique is the ultimate defence of a Whip Art Master. The user will spin his whip,while focusing chakra in it, rapidly around his body, creating an impenetrable dome around him. While moving creating the dome, the sound will trigger a genjutsu upon the opponent. The genjutsu itself if simple, instead of seeing the user moving around his whip constantly, the opponent will only see the whip being moved around once before the user seemed to rest the whip again by his side, while standing in the same position. In reality, the user will continue the move the whip around while moving forwards, and as the user comes within hitting distance from the opponent, he will flick the whip forwards and catch the opponent around the neck, effectively strangling or killing them, depending on the kind of whip the user carries.
Note: Can only be user twice per battle
Note: Can deflect any B-Rank or lower Elemental technique's, but the technique is broken
Note: Can deflect any A-Rank or lower Taijutsu and Kenjutsu technique's (except EIG technique's)
Note: The genjutsu breaks the moment the whip stops moving.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's a very creative technique, basically serves as a defense (Though it's a bit of a low defense), and a way to make yourself imperceptible to the opponent, allowing you freedom of movement to then deliver a point-blank attack, which is vague enough to allow for quite some freestyle.

I feel like it could have the same rank restrictions while being lower ranked ( A rank ), thus costing less chakra and you could even increase the number of usages. Or pump up the defense capabilities and keep the usage restriction and rank.
Though I do understand that you divided the chakra between it's defense, offense and supplementary usage, but it would be more competitive that way.

Regardless, I do really love the concept of this technique.

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I started with creating a few techique's I had difficulty creating good and solid technique's. At the time I felt I needed a strong trechnique to support the CFS. But looking back now I should've created things differently.

But anyway, there's only this techique left.

(Hoippu Geijutsu: Surīpu Byūtī) Whip Arts: Sleeping Beauty
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user cracks his whip towards the opponent and hit him diagonally over the chest (or any other body part that comes in its way). Upon the physical contact, a small amount of the users chakra will go trough the whip, into the opponents body, placing him under a B-Ranked genjutsu. A turn after being hit by the whip, the opponent will start to feel a slight tingling where he is hit, and this tingling feeling will spread over the next two turns until his uppe/lover body is completly numb, depending on where being hit. This numb feeling will continue until the opponent dispels the genjutsu he is placed in.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I started with creating a few techique's I had difficulty creating good and solid technique's. At the time I felt I needed a strong trechnique to support the CFS. But looking back now I should've created things differently.

But anyway, there's only this techique left.

(Hoippu Geijutsu: Surīpu Byūtī) Whip Arts: Sleeping Beauty
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user cracks his whip towards the opponent and hit him diagonally over the chest (or any other body part that comes in its way). Upon the physical contact, a small amount of the users chakra will go trough the whip, into the opponents body, placing him under a B-Ranked genjutsu. A turn after being hit by the whip, the opponent will start to feel a slight tingling where he is hit, and this tingling feeling will spread over the next two turns until his uppe/lover body is completly numb, depending on where being hit. This numb feeling will continue until the opponent dispels the genjutsu he is placed in.
Alright, so, in the turn where you use this, nothing happens. On the next turn, the opponent's body becomes numb. Is that how it works? Also, can you define numb? What does it actually mean, does it mean he won't feel any sensation in the chest and back, does it mean he can't move his arms? Also, when the tingling spreads, for the following turns, does it spread evenly across the body? How many turns until my opponent can't move his arms, can't make handseals, can't stand, can't run, etc.

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The numbing will start with a tingling feeling, you know, when your foot or hand has fallen asleep. This then spreads out further over the upper/lower that has been hit until it's. While he should be able to feel an attack, his muscles won't work.

So if I hit you on your arm, that turn you would start to feel the tingling of the arm feeling asleep. In the next turn the numbing will spread trough his arm and in his chest, where the musclewould start tingling. Then in the third turn the effct will continue in his other arm. So in terms of handseals/running, I'd say after the second turn, seeing as one leg/arm would be completly numb, though if I remember correctly, there are one or two technique's that can be done by one handed seals. As for standing, you can stil stand on one leg, so that would take the complete three turns.

Any more questions?