Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Tips of taking good Pictures!
(Using Cellphones)

INTRODUCTION.
Hello Photographers. ^__^
Since We now have a new contest in this forum I thought I'd lighten it up with some of the Tips that might help you take good Photographs.
I've gathered up some really good tips which people will help you guys get excellent result of your photos and you can produce good entries for the contest as well.

1) Ignore everything written below.
If following the steps below stops you from capturing a great moment, then take the picture. The technical and compositional minutiae do not matter. The most important thing in the world is that you take a picture that you will remember.

2) Clean the lens.
Over time the camera lens can collect lint and create a blurred image. Just give it a good wipe with a clean cloth.

You must be registered for see images

3) Keep your subject big and prominent.
Fine details, such as leaves on trees at a distance, will be smeared out.

4)Light Your Subject Well
The better lit your subject is the clearer your image is likely to be. If possible shoot outside or turn on lights when shooting inside. If you’re turning on lights in a room to add extra light to your shot be aware that artificial light impacts the color cast in your shots and you might want to experiment with white balance to fix it (see below).

Some cameras come with a built in flash or light – this can really lift a shot and add clarity to it, even if you’re shooting outside (in a sense it becomes a fill flash). If your camera doesn’t have a flash or light you should avoid shooting into bright lights as you’ll end up with subjects that are silhouetted.
5) Set the white balance,
If your phone supports it. The human eye usually adjusts for lighting, and so white appears white in any kind of lighting. A camera, however, will see that a given subject is redder than normal under normal incandescent household lighting. Better camera phones will give you the option to adjust the camera for this. If you have such an option, use it. If you're not sure what setting to use, experiment.
6) Use your flash judiciously.
If you find yourself using a flash because your whole scene is insufficiently lit, you're probably taking photographs indoors in poor light. Don't do this, and go back to the first step; a scene lit entirely by your flash will look un-natural, since on a camera phone it is not typically possible to aim the flash anything but directly ahead (i.e. you can't bounce it off ceilings or walls, as with dedicated flash guns for SLR cameras). On the other hand, a flash is a good option for filling in shadows in harsh sunlight.

7)Shoot at High Quality
By default, many cameras aren't set to shoot in high-quality mode, and this is often true of cell phones too. Go into your camera settings and check to make sure you shooting at maximum resolution and that picture or image quality is set at the highest setting.

8) Make Use of Apps

There are tons of applications that can add effects to your photos or more control over your phone's camera. Android's stock camera application is good, but free apps like Camera360 offer access to more controls, like ISO sensitivity and timer. The iPhone, too, has a seemingly endless supply of camera apps that can jazz up your photos with fun effects.

9)Use the highest resolution possible on your camera phone
Some phones allow you to choose what resolution you want to take photos at. It almost goes without saying (but we like to state the bleeding obvious) that the higher your resolution the clearer your shot will be. This is especially true for camera phones which often have sensors of under 1 megapixel in them. Keep in mind however that the higher the resolution the larger the file size of the images you take – this means if you want to send images they can end up taking a long time to send.

10) Avoid Using the Digital Zoom. As tempting as it might be to zoom in on your subject when taking your picture (if you have a zoom feature on your camera phone), if the zoom is a ‘digital zoom’ it will decrease the quality of your shot to use it (you’ll end up with a more pixelated shot)..

Plus you can always edit your shot later using photo editing software on your computer.

Of course some camera phones are beginning to hit the market with ‘optical zooms’ – these are fine to use as they don’t enlarge your subject by enlarging pixels.

11) Finally, take the picture.
Keep your hand steady and support the base of your device as you press the shutter button. After you take the picture, keep the phone in position to allow the picture to be recorded. If you move immediately after pressing the shutter button, often times you will just get a blur!

I hope you liked the tips and have answered most of the questions that you might have had for bad photos. It doesn't matters what device you have, you just need the right requirements to fulfill your task. ^x^

If you have any questions or queries regarding the tips above or want to share/add something above then please Vm me I'll make the changes.

________________________________________________​
On behalf of all the contestants I thank Scorps and
All other Mods for making thing contest come to action.
Thank you! ^__^​

Last edited:
Reactions: Waindo and Scorps