Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You must be registered for see images

Sept. 3, 2015

Three men were shot Thursday afternoon on the Sacramento City College campus.

One man was killed, and two others were injured. Rick Brewer, with the school's public information office, confirmed to FOX40 that one of the people involved was a student.

Students were told to shelter in place before evacuating each classroom one at a time.

Details about led up to the shooting are scarce, but school officials say there was a verbal argument immediately before.

Police say the shooter was described as a male Pacific Islander, with cargo shorts, no shirt and short, dark hair.

The shooting happened near the baseball field, which is on the south side of campus.

You must be registered for see images

Investigators say the suspect description is similar to one from a shooting earlier in the afternoon on Gerber Road and Fernridge Drive, but a connection could not be confirmed

A door-to-door manhunt for an armed suspect who killed one man and severely wounded another at Sacramento City College is underway in the area of Sutterville Road and Freeport Boulevard in Sacramento.

Officials are warning residents to avoid the area as police search nearby neighborhoods and students are evacuated building by building from the college campus. The college has been on lockdown this afternoon with students and staff “sheltering in place.”

Police described the suspect as as a Pacific Islander, wearing cargo shorts and no shirt.

The shooting occurred in a staff parking lot near the softball field on the college campus. In total three people were shot, including a person who sustained a minor wound, officials said.

Kimberly Jenkins, 18, a college freshman, said she was coming out of class about 3:50 p.m., just as police were arriving.

“We saw the cop cars just zoom through,” the campus from all directions, she said.

Jackie Flores, 50, who lives across the street from the parking lot, said he heard four or five gunshots.

“It all happened so fast,” he said.

Shortly before 5 p.m., the body of the dead victim remained in the parking lot and about a dozen police cars were at the scene.

Twelfth Avenue and the area of Freeport Boulevard near Sutterville Road was closed to traffic.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not to seem numb about this, but I hear guns fire at least twice a week in my neighborhood. Hearing that it happened near a baseball field isn't really that big a deal. My condolences to the families of the victims though. U_U

Yeah and to think this happened just 30 minutes away from where I live.
Seems ppl aren't safe anywhere nowadays :|

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
not tryinng to belittle the tragedy or anything, condolences to the familys and friends, but as an American i find it sad that even tho we are horrified by these type of incidents, the majority of us still dont realize that in some foreign lands its ten times worse on a daily basis. youd think we would try to relate and sympathize considering we have the ability to help them more than we are atm,

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
not tryinng to belittle the tragedy or anything, condolences to the familys and friends, but as an American i find it sad that even tho we are horrified by these type of incidents, the majority of us still dont realize that in some foreign lands its ten times worse on a daily basis. youd think we would try to relate and sympathize considering we have the ability to help them more than we are atm,
U do have a point, but the stuff that happened in this article is in my home country. :| though things are rosy in the USA compared to a lot of the more turbulent places around the world. We probably just tend to focus more on what is going on around us because we feel that the tragedies around us are more relevant, like maybe we should have some kind of power to stop these tragedies.